Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, FarrMan said:

Clive

Having got it right, why change it? I will go for Brunswick green and chocolate and cream.

Lloyd

GWR green and chocolate and cream for me as well.

To be fair most of the pre-nationalisation liveries looked great. Apple green and teak, LMS crimson lake or Southern malachite green (but only on a Bulleid pacific mind) all sat well with the stock they were applied to. The Silver Jubilee or Coronation must have looked stunning. I think those responsible knew a thing or two which, in many cases, seems to have been forgotten these days.

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, TrevorP1 said:

GWR green and chocolate and cream for me as well.

To be fair most of the pre-nationalisation liveries looked great. Apple green and teak, LMS crimson lake or Southern malachite green (but only on a Bulleid pacific mind) all sat well with the stock they were applied to. The Silver Jubilee or Coronation must have looked stunning. I think those responsible knew a thing or two which, in many cases, seems to have been forgotten these days.

I agree unreservedly. So GWR Green and Chocolate & Cream coaching stock gets my vote.

Regards

Chris H

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Bloodnok said:

Were you betting on black with a silver roof, a silver band along the middle, and large silver numbers / letters by any chance?

Black, yes, but as he likes the LNWR livery, I thougt he might go for the post war LMS black for express passenger locos.

• RMweb Premium
On 11/06/2020 at 08:07, Denbridge said:

Models of this proposal are pretty common in the larger scales. I know of several in 5" gauge and at least 2 in 7 1/4" as live steam models,  they are certainly impressive.

Many thanks for that info. I'll have to get out more!

Regards

Chris H

1 hour ago, great northern said:

What a dismal day. Dull throughout, and still that cold NE wind. Still, I forced myself out for my walk, and with three layers on just about got warm after 40 vigorous minutes.

To go with afternoon tea today, another A4, Quicksilver this time, with the Up Tees-Tyne Pullman.

1383788218_515.JPG.3535928b81bbdccd25b75437d02a5c00.JPG

Hi Gilbert

What a great photo, the weathering to Quicksilver absolutely looks superb.

I did 9 holes of golf this morning, to embarrassed to give my score, but you might have thought I was playing Cricket.

Regards

David

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

It's green locos and chocolate and cream coaches for me too. Remember the first time I saw it on the up Cornish Riviera in late 50s when it was reintroduced on named trains. Magic!

Crimson or maroon looks good with a deep shine on it but that did not seem to last very long.

Bazza

• RMweb Premium

Oooh, that was close. LNER apple green by one vote from the GWR variety, with Southern malachite one behind that. LNER would have been further ahead if the vote hadn't been split between green and blue.:mosking:

Shall we do diesels and electrics? Why not. from first appearance to the present day, plenty of scope there. Do we include DMUs and EMUs Clive, or do they need separate consideration?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, thegreenhowards said:

In the past, would never have noticed the smokebox door but our recent exchanges must have sharpened my eyes as I noticed straightaway That it had the close together hinges. What’s the pedigree of the model?

It is Hornby Andy, but I can't remember whether Tim used a different door. I think he probably did, as I can't remember Hornby doing this version for some time, if at all. We do have the necessary reliable image for this one!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, great northern said:

Oooh, that was close. LNER apple green by one vote from the GWR variety, with Southern malachite one behind that. LNER would have been further ahead if the vote hadn't been split between green and blue.:mosking:

Shall we do diesels and electrics? Why not. from first appearance to the present day, plenty of scope there. Do we include DMUs and EMUs Clive, or do they need separate consideration?

HST in the original production livery - blue, grey and yellow.

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, great northern said:

It is Hornby Andy, but I can't remember whether Tim used a different door. I think he probably did, as I can't remember Hornby doing this version for some time, if at all. We do have the necessary reliable image for this one!

Thanks Gilbert,

What’s the best source of alternative doors? Or is that a Tim secret?!

Andy

• RMweb Premium
Just now, thegreenhowards said:

Thanks Gilbert,

What’s the best source of alternative doors? Or is that a Tim secret?!

Andy

In the past he has swopped them about with other models which he has at the time, and I believe he keeps a stash of doors as well. He's certainly changed them on a few he's done for me.

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, great northern said:

You might need to instigate SingleTransferable Vote to ensure continued Eastern dominance!

I’ll go for a two tone green diesel preferably (Think Deltic) preferably with umber and cream Pullmans.

• Like 1