Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium

Yeah bung in the EMUs and DMUs as it is a livery vote.

I model the "green" period and have done for years, in fact I was modelling it before the livery I am going to vote for was introduced.  I am going to vote for several  liveries as they were all in use at the same time and went well together.

1, Network Southeast, it suited everything painted in it.

2, The award winning triple grey freight liveries, again sat well on all classes. 

3, Intercity another universal livery which didn't have any horrid applications.

4, Scotrail.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

As promised, here is the formation of the Scarborough Flyer. Nearly half of the train is made up of MK1s TSOs, which uses up all my loose stock, but the rest is a bit more interesting.

815350345_2rake1.JPG.70003a7faef90b3c3420daed929daf94.JPG529246552_3rake2.JPG.3037a7a5b21c9107f17d6072e0fd8924.JPG1532423307_4rake3.JPG.c4fbb39c6d0af450cbeca835fa06dd26.JPG1762549824_5rake4.JPG.892169c94eef61f4506abc39443dd8c5.JPG1315555299_6rake5.JPG.cff12f2c0125b0e6b8fbd97e54e0c3fc.JPG359136071_7rake6.JPG.7e179f723cf5e15949af6271ef521ed0.JPG191860780_8rakelast.JPG.e0c2f8b1dafdab5fe87491a593372d2c.JPG

The BCK and CK in the centre are specified as being transverse corridor cars, ie Thompsons, for some reason, and the last two are the Whitby portion, BCK shown as leading the SK.

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

For today’s poll, I’m going with the livery of two greens on the production class 55 Deltics - applied to other classes too including the Brush Type 4’s - class 47’s, Baby Deltic class 23’s, etc.,

Rob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

When people say two tone green do they mean BR Loco Green and Lime Green, Deltics and Hymeks or BR Loco Green and Sherwood Green, Brush type 4s, BR and BRCW type 2s, BR/Paxman type 1s, Claytons, DP2, refurbished Baby Deltics and Falcon?

• Agree 2

On 10/06/2020 at 15:10, great northern said:

Wasn't it cooking too many firemen though?

Gilbert

True, that that was why it was called the Chinese laundry, but had the casing been removed in that area, and perhaps some enlargement,  with some serious development it might have been made to work. How many ideas work straight off the drawing board?

Lloyd

• RMweb Gold
40 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

When people say two tone green do they mean BR Loco Green and Lime Green, Deltics and Hymeks or BR Loco Green and Sherwood Green, Brush type 4s, BR and BRCW type 2s, BR/Paxman type 1s, Claytons, DP2, refurbished Baby Deltics and Falcon?

Yes, I’m thinking as applied to the production Deltics and Hymeks. I do like the other loco green and Sherwood green as applied to the 47’s etc., 

I don’t suppose I can vote twice can I? ;)  

Rob.

P. S. I’d also, on thinking  about it, vote for the original blue, grey and yellow that was bestowed on the HST’s originally too if I could. Sorry, I’m getting carried away now! 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I'm rather partial to the early BR 25Kv Electric locos in "Electric Blue" with white cab window surrounds and polished metal numbers and "Device".

Second vote goes to the "Nanking Blue and white" livery of the Blue Pullman sets.

Third is the current London Underground corporate grey / blue / red livery as applied to the Sub-Surface Lines "S" Stock.

Regards

Chris H

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Deltic and Hymek version for me Although both are good.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, great northern said:

1642642134_1533.JPG.782b2940c823b3a49ca55a6e2ce54099.JPG

The trouble with taking photos in poorer light is they come out with a cold tint to them, which I don't much like, but I haven't yet found a way to correct it. As this is a first appearance, we will look at the formation in detail, while we have our mid morning cuppa.

Warmed over an antipodean Photoshop filter for you, Gilbert:

1718908494_1642642134_1533.JPG.782b2940c823b3a49ca55a6e2ce54099warm.jpg.63983086f975fc4fb296edf245c707b7.jpg

Regards,

Scott

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Can I have a livery vote for the Glasgow 'blue trains', please? In the early 60s, visiting the Bearsden relatives, they said 'modern' in a way that Met-Cam dmus, or Gateshead Grot EE Type 4s and rakes of distressed Thomsons, really didn't.

• Like 2

All the sectorisation liveries seemed to work quite well, but I'm going to have to second Clive's recommendation for NSE - this was a particularly bold departure from corporate blue, and sat well on a lot of different trains. I just about remember it's initial introduction, and the transformation of the railways that occurred with it form part of my early Railway memories.

If I can call out a second livery, it'd be LoadHaul -- despite at first glance looking like a really odd livery with all the angled lines, it ended up suiting just about everything it was applied to, no matter what the shape.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, David Bell said:

I am going to go with maroon as applied to Westerns and Warships

It took nearly 100 years for Swindon to realise that Crimson Lake as applied by Derby was a proper colour for locomotives. :tomato:

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 4

I meant two tone green as applied to type 2s and type 4s.

I do also really like large logo blue, jaffa cake and Network South East. They were the liveries I saw regularly when I was at Uni in London and traveling home to Essex.

Martyn

I would go for the Network South East livery. It looked bright and cheerful, though not often seen in the North of Scotland. I do remember seeing a full train of NSE liveried coaches at Kyle of Lochalsh station on at least one occasion. i think they were running for a while out of Inverness.

Having seen all the votes coming in for the Chocolate and Cream brigade yesterday, I was thinking that we might even win, which would be have been quite nice for our wedding anniversary. My daughter-in-law sent me a suitable present for the occasion as shown below.

20200613_193323.jpg.2f27c8cb0d99552ca19f7ce90dbb87e0.jpg

Lloyd

Drag files here to attach, or choose files...
Accepted file types jpg, stl, png, pdf, doc, docx, xls, xlsx, dwg, dxf, obj, gif, jpeg, JPG, JPEG, ino, mp3, svg · Max total size 10MB

Uploaded Images

Lloyd

• Like 5

1 minute ago, FarrMan said:

I would go for the Network South East livery. It looked bright and cheerful, though not often seen in the North of Scotland. I do remember seeing a full train of NSE liveried coaches at Kyle of Lochalsh station on at least one occasion. i think they were running for a while out of Inverness.

Having seen all the votes coming in for the Chocolate and Cream brigade yesterday, I was thinking that we might even win, which would be have been quite nice for our wedding anniversary. My daughter-in-law sent me a suitable present for the occasion as shown below.

20200613_193323.jpg.2f27c8cb0d99552ca19f7ce90dbb87e0.jpg

Lloyd

Drag files here to attach, or choose files...
Accepted file types jpg, stl, png, pdf, doc, docx, xls, xlsx, dwg, dxf, obj, gif, jpeg, JPG, JPEG, ino, mp3, svg · Max total size 10MB

Uploaded Images

Lloyd

I had one of those for Christmas!

• Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, great northern said:

Quite a lot of trains have run today. Before lunch, they did not behave, but afterwards they reformed, and did.  Our mid afternoon image is again of Happy Knight and the Scarborough Flyer. Taken from the safety of the platform of a signal gantry. Actually, I did get the camera right next to one, and at that height.

189918914_95332.JPG.cd6ed4783a1e3a6738667b4b89c7c0b1.JPG

I know I've asked before, but has anyone had any further ideas for polls? They do seem to be a harmless bit of fun, and quite popular.

We could finish off the livery question by best (or worst) 1948 experimental livery on a particular locomotive. I do remember an ex LMS loco painted in Apple green which was ? Well interesting!