The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

The sun is shining, with just a few clouds in the sky. I’ll shortly be heading out to complete the Sainsbury’s Grand Prix, I’ll drop Sheila off outside the hairdressers on my way. After that there’s not a lot happening, possibly a bit more work in the cellar. 

Thoughts with John  and  Sandy

Back later

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Rather dull and overcast here this morning but the rain is promised to hold off until the early hours of tomorrow morning.  Not much else except to say that thoughts are with Sandy and John. Be back later.

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, newbryford said:

Thoughts with John and Sandy.

A tiny bit of work from home before travelling to a well known purveyor of brown boxes that used to be wrapped in paper and string.

(It is easier to travel there from home rather than work).

Then it should be back to work for the afternoon - depending upon how long the task takes.

The M6/M62 beckons.

Have a good day folks.

Cheers,

Mick

What, you into Ann Summers riding tackle. :jester:

• Like 1
  • Funny 14

Greetings from a grey but dry LBG.

Thoughts are with John and Sandy.

Its back to school day for the Lurker boys - Mrs Lurker went back yesterday - so a bit of doom and gloom ensued. It's Elder Lurker's last year at school now. It seems strange to think that when I started working here, he hadn't started school....

have a good day all

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 7

I am not sure how Julie Walters held it together last night on her Coastal Railway tv programme. The woman showing her around Edinburgh station and the secret passage from the station to the station hotel, said " I'll show you the secret passage, it's at the back, I'll take you up there now."

Titter ye not!

• Funny 18

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, chrisf said:

Good morning one and all

I’m an idiot - hardly headline news, I know.  When Bill and I were discussing our imminent trip to Prague he said quite rightly that it would be a good idea to get some Czech currency.  Somehow I confused crowns with pounds when I was in the bank placing the order.  Let’s just say that I need to order some more.  My no fees overseas Barclaycard may well get me out of trouble, as it did when I was working with four different types of dollar earlier in the year.  When I was in the bank I noticed a placard proclaiming altered hours of service from next month.  If I have understood this correctly – always a big if in my case – there will be times when the bank is open but without counter service.  I don’t think much of that, given the outstanding unreliability of their self-service tills.  I tried a comparable device in Tesco Metro yesterday.  The idea was that I would pay for a four-pint canister of milk with a £10 note.   It took two members of staff and a good ten minutes to sort out the chaos. Where are the savings in that?

I have not written about music for a while.  It is opportune, then, that the new Jim Moray CD, “The Outlander”, came yesterday, slightly ahead of release day.  It by-passes the purdah that is the hessian bag.  How fortunate it is that I have long car journeys on Saturday and Sunday – and, of course, that the new Polo has a CD player.  Jim Moray is an innovative singer and producer, born Douglas Oates, who is never afraid to push the boundaries of his music.  You never know quite what he is going to do next.  The last time I saw him he performed an immaculate set of freshly restored traditional songs, followed by a version of Paul Simon’s “America” with accompaniment on his late father’s concertina which he would be the first to admit that he has not mastered.   He will.  Just give him time.

Best wishes to all

Chris

Chris

It's quite often a better rate using the atms in Prague than currency exchange places over here so if you don't get chance to get more then don't get worried over it. One thing to watch is that many shops don't take credit cards particularly model shops but hotels are  normally fine with cards.

We have yet to book our trip to CZ in a few weeks time as our usual hotel has rocketed in price so reviewing our plans depending on what happens to the £ this week. Just don't have much motivation to travel out of thr UK at the moment but should do before it becomes harder to do so after Halloween if it goes the way its heading.

Thoughts definitely with John and Sandy. Brings back memories of our late friend four years ago.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all,

Little to report but Mrs Stationmaster was very efficiently dealt with in X-Ray at our local (almost) hospital - paperwork done in a matter of minutes and then on into the photographic bit and we were on our way out of the building before the  booked time of her appointment.  just shows how local hospitals can be so much more efficient from the patients viewpoint than the massive centralised heaps.  On a less positive note the NHS admin system continues to grind amazingly slowly in respect of getting the Good Doctor through her joining administrative bits & pieces but on the plus side they've only lost the paperwork once (so far). 

Interesting to see that Bob 81C is being pursued by younger women as well, no doubt they are presuming he's a man of wealth so worth chatting up for a good time.

Thoughts with John and Sandy, very difficult to say any more than that but hopefully even some thoughts will be just a little help at present..

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2