Dapol Class 21/29

spackz

If you presented a model looking like she does, the nay-sayers would have a field day.

Mmm, it's one of those things that although correct, doesnt necessarily scale down well - you'd probably need to slightly weather the fresh panels in order to give a more blended appearance.

In similar vein, I always thought 6123 looked 'wrong' somehow, probably because of the relatively larger area of yellow on the disc-bedecked front, compared with headcode machines

What an ugly beast. The yellow 'slaphead' just makes it look worse. Why is it class 22's with full yellow ends looked nice, and class 29's looked ugly? Wiper positions?;):lol:

Nothing ugly about it at all - dam site better than that short @rse one they built for the WR wink.gif

Nothing ugly about it at all - dam site better than that short @rse one they built for the WR wink.gif

I reckon garish would be a better adjective than ugly.

We could always start a poll. Rate this loco in degrees of ugliness on a scale between 1 and 10.:lol: :D

Or have a competion in 2012 to convert the Dapol model.

Bernard

• Like 1

I think this is more likely Buchanan St. That looks like the bridge carrying Dobbie's Loan over the approaches. The red and cream livery on the bus suggest Western SMTs livery and the bus could be heading out from Killermont St bus station towards Dumbarton or the like if so.

Buchanan Street was the start point for Glasgow to Stirling and Oban services until C&O services closed in '65 and Buchanan St itself closed in November '66.

Nice photo though, it would appear to be from the period in 1961 when pairs of NBLs worked the Oban services.

Dave.

post-6691-0-76030000-1297031356_thumb.jpg

Sorry to disappoint after all this time Dave wink.gif

It's not the Dobbies Loan Bridge at Buchanan Street (an all stone structure) but the St.Leonards Bridge at the South end of Perth Station - see here http://www.flickr.co...ill/2497214807/ and more clearly here http://www.flickr.co...ill/2981159709/ before the colour light era.....

And just to gloat a bit more, it's an Alexander's Fife bus not Western SMT biggrin.gif

By the power of RailScot, we are able to bring you this image, but I warn you, it is NOT for the fainthearted:

http://www.railbrit.co.uk/imageenlarge/imagecomplete2.php?id=32588

Looks as toylike as a Playcraft ;)

Follow-up pic has appeared. Engineers coaches at the back probably up MaxStafford's street too, not sure about the subtle lettering...

http://www.railbrit.co.uk/imageenlarge/imagecomplete.php?id=32645

One of those "prototype for everything" type pictures. (And the same for the "black" tarmac and the multi coloured brick work "over the wall").

Thanks for linking. The link at the end of the caption takes you to the "going away" shot as well.

Cheers,

26power.

By the power of RailScot, we are able to bring you this image, but I warn you, it is NOT for the fainthearted:

http://www.railbrit....e2.php?id=32588

Looks as toylike as a Playcraft ;)

Edited by 26power

What an ugly beast. The yellow 'slaphead' just makes it look worse. Why is it class 22's with full yellow ends looked nice, and class 29's looked ugly? Wiper positions?;):lol:

I'm sure after a few days work the yellow looked a bit betterbiggrin.gif.

Couple of things of note looking at 6123 in GFY. It has lost Its rotating vent, which I have never notice before and Its also gained a BR green lower side grill on the upper light greenwink.gif

Why is it that Dapol have announced d6100 in blue but Kernow,Hattons and Gaugemaster are all selling it in green ?

Probably just a typo error, certainly never appeared in GFY.

Trevor

I'm always curious as to why some class 29's had window bars on the cab doors. It doesn't look like the windows on the cab doors even opened.:blink:

ISTR this has come up before, and that the answer was to prevent glass breakage if the single line token swung back during exchange.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I think myself I'd rather know they've properly sorted the 22 first, before they start dabbling with yet another 'best ever' wink.gif

Yea, what he said.

One would think that the safest course of action would be to actually deliver a model and get some consumer feedback, before you finalize the designs and commit to production on 3-4 more 4mm locomotive classes... blink.gif

• Like 2