Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Is this where we can put wish lists?

JZ

• RMweb Premium

OK, pure wish listing for SR/BR(S) and in no particular order :unsure:

Loco??™s:

Maunsell Q class 0-6-0

Urie / Maunsell S15 class 4-6-0

Drummond 700 class 0-6-0

Maunsell U class 2-6-0

Adams O2 class 0-4-4T

Adams 0415 Class 4-4-2T

Maunsell Z class 0-8-0T

Adams G6 class 0-6-0T

Coaches:

Maunsell 600 Push Pull (ex. BCK + SO)

Maunsell Catering Vehicles

Bulleid - (either re-tooled Bachmann or new shallow vent variants)

Vans:

25 ton brake

50' Bogie Guard's Van (Bogie 'B')

PMV

Cheers :rolleyes:

I am reliably informed that Bachmann used the (original cl. 37) mould to create the skirtless Cl.37s of late. ... The use of the this mould seemed to be rash to create more modern versions at the expense of any more of the classic original variety.

I would judge there that Barwell's thinking is that it gives an opportunity for a later retooling to cater for the original locos, which would also correct the various small discrepancies that the first release was slammed for

I don't think diesel modellers have much to worry about when "small discrepancies" are always willingly altered by RTR manufacturers. It's a self-perpetuating market for even better diesels to replace upgrades of upgrades of upgrades. Why, this alone will keep them on their toes for years.....unfortunately! ? B)

So when steam modellers make do with 30 year old tender-driven 4F's and bemoan the RTR producers indifference to more "typical" steam locos (the railways depended so much on 0-6-0 tender locos), they can go to bed at night in the confident knowledge that when the umpteenth version of whatever diesel loco is finally made perfect, the proprietary manufacturers will be forced to consider the black hole that exists in the 00 steam market.... ;)

Suggestions... NER, GNR, GCR, NBR, Caley, Midland, LYR 0-6-0 tender locos.

• RMweb Gold

For me it would be in no order

LNER D49

NER J27

LNER A8

NER Q6/Q7

SR S15

LNER K1/ K4

GWR 42xx/5205

MR/LMS 4f

Midland Compound

Ready to use semaphore signals.

Re tooled BR suburban coaches

Re tooled Thompson coaches

Not sure on wagons

Exactly so! and if they made the chassis available with different wheelset sizes they would satisfy many of us who would grab that as the best chance of a reasonable representation of local locos. I do not think the market is tiny. I bet the market is bigger than the one which buys every newly renamed A3 or 4.

Stockie

• RMweb Premium

Exactly so! and if they made the chassis available with different wheelset sizes they would satisfy many of us who would grab that as the best chance of a reasonable representation of local locos. I do not think the market is tiny. I bet the market is bigger than the one which buys every newly renamed A3 or 4.

Stockie

There are some superb 'wants' on this thread. We are so blessed now with the quality of build and frequency of introduction of new items. However, so many of the wants are available as kits! Is it cost, inexperience with kit-building or lack of information on the availability of items that means so many folk want things 'off the shelf'?

My wish list must include upgraded kits from some manufacturers with really good instructions and some sensible application of cost to the purchaser.

Building a model railway or buying a model railway, affordable kits should enhance both.

Sincerely

36E

• RMweb Premium

I said at the start .......

.....an AC Cars railbus and possibly a Park Royal version. Not to keen on the looks of the Wickham, but the Waggon und Maschinenbau could be useful for towing a van.

Have I missed something? - Is someone going to do an RTR railbus? Since riding one on the KWVR, I have been fascinated by these little things. Maybe an RTR will spark interst in getting some of teh full size ones working!

For my money though, some variety in the GWR Diesel Railcars would be good. #1 or 4 anyone? 38 & 39?

As an N-gauge modern image modeller i think we are very well served, but theres always room for more, I would love to see

PCV, highly unlikely but would be nice, two liverys so not a great return, I know theres a good kit but i've ruined two.

JJA's, again i know theres a great kit, but a lovely book set of five would be fantastic.

YJB crane or similar small cowans and sheldon.

FEA-F Rail head treatment train.

325 Units and 321's.

Unusual liverys on locos, police 47, Artemis 56, GIF 37's, Fertis 58's and 56's etc etc.

Graham.

Too much information!

Ands that the edited version!!!

Personally:

Caley 439 - ??75 - 80

Caley 828 - ??90

Both these prototypes featured basic variations in detail (chimneys, brake equipment, etc), found plenty of work Scotland-wide till the '60s.

BR Standard 2MT - ??85

Simply, an Ivatt with a different cab as far as I can tell.

Some industrial prototypes (plenty to chose from)

I'm guessing the manufactuers are holding their breath to see the results of the MR/ Dapol sentinel before making steps into the small loco market which along side the 0-6-0 locos which kept the country moving, is a deadzone in comparison to the express loco market.

There is speak of the model rail market shrinking. Now I don't claim to be an expert on ANYTHING. But, perhaps a consideration of the industrial prototypes and six-wheeled workhorses could keep the market bouyant, or at least slow the shrink.

Scotland is an un-usual case as it was 5 main companys which ran the system which split into 2 and completly into one region. Geographically speaking, this makes chosing a Scottish prototype difficult. Thats why I chose the 2/3 Caley classes (the Jumbo could also be considered) because they spread over the Highland and the Sou' Western systems like an itchy blue blanket before finding their way into GNS and NB territory.

On the coach front, LMS and LNER non-corridor stock would be welcome along with some NPCCS stock.

Hi,

Here's my list:

Steam:

• A3 60112 'St. Simon' in BR livery with German Smoke deflectors

Diesel & Electric:

• New Class 92
  • Electrostars (Class 377, 375 etc), it would make sense for Bachmann to do these
  • New Class 73
  • Some more modern 3rd rail EMU's

Coaches:

• Not really bothered

Wagons:

• Some new stone wagons

That's it really

Simon

Here's my tuppence worth for GE and GN area modellers to go with an L1 2-6-4T. The question is, if each coach worked out at ??25.00, how many people would be prepared to pay ??75.00 for a 3-coach artic set? It's a bargain in my eyes but perhaps not in other peoples? This is how things might look.....

post-6680-12595107775592_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Here's my tuppence worth for GE and GN area modellers to go with an L1 2-6-4T. The question is, if each coach worked out at ??25.00, how many people would be prepared to pay ??75.00 for a 3-coach artic set? It's a bargain in my eyes but perhaps not in other peoples? This is how things might look.....

Wow! What a superb set.

Sincerely, PR.

• RMweb Gold

Not my area Larry but at =25 quid a coach that strikes me as a mega-bargain against current r-t-r RRP and not at all bad against most actual retail prices.

For my own selfish needs:

(these are all in N, by the way!).

Class 165 DMU. A two-car set would be nice, with an optional coach to take it up to three. Possibly a dummy set. Could be done in Chiltern Railways, and Network SE liveries. GraFar could probably make one relatively easy using the Class 170 and 168 mouldings. Could retail for around the same price as similar DMU sets.

Dapol to do the 121 bubble car in Chiltern Railways livery (pleaaaaaase!).

FGA 'Binliner' wagons. These could go for about ??8 a pop I guess? best sold in sets of threes perhaps.

More modern, N-Gauge road vehicles. Most I've seen are usually 50s/60s era. Modern stuff looks... nasty. I'm still looking though!

On a general point, I'm amazed there's not more London Underground stock in RTR. Metromodels do a fair bit, but that's all. Then again, it's probably so niche that's all that's needed. Pretty sure there's nothing in N. Then again would you want to add all those extra rails and tiny, tiny, TINY insulators...

I can't think of anything else right now!

Locos

Duke Of Gloucester

King

City Of Truro

Stanier Mogul

LMS 4F

Liveries

BR Blue A4

LNER Green A4 (How havnt Hornby brought these out yet? seems strange to me)

Duchess Of Abercorn In experimental LMS Blue/Grey

Coaches

Gresley BG

Carmine Cream Stenier Stock

Hang on Larry. You might get a 3 for 2 deal there because the middle coach wouldn't need bogies !!!!!

I'll just reach over for me coat !!!

Bargain chap - and thats a smashing set you've got there :)

At ??25 a coach, I'd gladly buy it to match an L1 - full cost under a two hundred for RTR stock in high detail? I'd pay it.

• 2 weeks later...

Top of my wish list is air con mk2's in rasberry ripple livery. Hornby hold the mouldings for all of them now. The Lima one is ripe for the Railroad range. If they were priced ok, i.e. not ??25 for a 20 year old moulding, I'd be happy to buy enough for at least 2 WCML rakes and 2 XC sets. A decent class 90 to pull them would be good too!:D

Oh, and a Polybulker, and a class 85... and and and...

Latecomer to this thread, but:

GWR:

42xx - oh, yes PLEASE

One of the earlier 4-4-0s (Bulldog, probably)

LMS:

Deeley 3F (save me from my Triang butchery)

"Austin 7"

And in general? More pre-nationalisation paintjobs, please? Even /finding/ a new Bachman Jinty in LMS black is murder, and I'm going to go through a fortune in HMRS transfers getting rid of "G W R" and replacing it with "Great Western" on things :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived