Oxford diecast... whats next?

BROADTRAIN1979

On 20/09/2023 at 09:44, PhilJ W said:

The Transit was also built in Germany but with German engines which like the British engines were V4's but there was no compatibility. You could have any combination of doors that you wanted. A Transit minicoach I saw once had a sliding cab door on the nearside, a conventional drivers door and the side door on the offside. The passengers entered and left by the sliding door and the offside door was the emergency exit. The rear doors were cut down to waist level to make a boot and a fixed back window was installed. It had 16 seats in 2+1 format with 4 seats at the back. It must have been very cramped, I would not like to take a long journey in it.

That sounds like a Deansgate conversion, though there were others with a similar layout, but the Deansgate in PSV certified form had only 15 seats max, though most had less.

The 15 arrangement was four double seats to the near side with three singles to the offside and a rear “bench” seating four across the back. This left virtually no room for the rear luggage locker but as there was no access to the conventional rear doors with four seats, there was no need for the doors so a sealed rear panel, with or without the token locker arrangement, was usually provided. Deansgate used the optional single piece rear door which was welded up and had a small “boot lid” aperture cut into it.

The fewer seat bays to the offside was to give a legal width access to the emergency door.

The more common 12 seat had the same body arrangement but with a bigger boot with three single seats across the back and three rows of doubles and singles.

I’m not sure what happened to Deansgate but the style of conversion lasted up until the end of the Mk2 Transit, Reeve Burgess of Chesterfield and Yeates of Loughborough also offered similar conversions.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
52 minutes ago, RANGERS said:

That sounds like a Deansgate conversion, though there were others with a similar layout, but the Deansgate in PSV certified form had only 15 seats max, though most had less.

The 15 arrangement was four double seats to the near side with three singles to the offside and a rear “bench” seating four across the back. This left virtually no room for the rear luggage locker but as there was no access to the conventional rear doors with four seats, there was no need for the doors so a sealed rear panel, with or without the token locker arrangement, was usually provided. Deansgate used the optional single piece rear door which was welded up and had a small “boot lid” aperture cut into it.

The fewer seat bays to the offside was to give a legal width access to the emergency door.

The more common 12 seat had the same body arrangement but with a bigger boot with three single seats across the back and three rows of doubles and singles.

I’m not sure what happened to Deansgate but the style of conversion lasted up until the end of the Mk2 Transit, Reeve Burgess of Chesterfield and Yeates of Loughborough also offered similar conversions.

It was almost certainly a Deansgate conversion. It was in a scrapyard having had the (Perkins diesel) engine removed and I assumed there had been a seat alongside the emergency exit that had also been removed.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

From the ODC FB page……

All Aboard the Model Railway Adventure! 🚂

Are you ready for a railway extravaganza like no other? Join us at the Warley National Model Railway Exhibition, coming to Birmingham NEC on Saturday, November 25th, and Sunday, November 26th. It's the MUST-GO to show for all model railway enthusiasts.

You wont want to miss it, More Details to Follow....

#whatcoulditbe #oxfordrail #oxforddiecast #announcement #modelrailway #ModelrailEnthusiast #Warley #warleymodel

• Like 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium

Oxford now have this up on their Instagram page, about the two days of Warley on 25 and 26 November: 

”The main attraction is an update on the Oxford Rail brand, scheduled for 10am on both days. This update is highly anticipated and will include visuals, so bring your cameras to capture the moment.  We look forward to seeing you!  Eloise”

John S

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/09/2023 at 18:48, Mike Harvey said:

I have had some dialogue with my contact at Oxford Diecast, and fans of a bog-standard MkV Cortina will not be disappointed. Look closely at the next Oxford new items announcement on Friday 15 September on their Facebook page and  their other social media channels.

Oxford has now published pre-production photos of the 4 N scale Fords. The Cortina MkV mould has been adjusted to reflect a more standard car.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0yKWoHGhdBnUqL6MrRjnauH1i28pNmKYmjUdrbDEHRAk26R8iMU7SbV8NE1pmuNVRl&id=100037041907809

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Well, what did Oxford Rail say or announce at 10am today at Warley? They promised a statement then.   I’m looking online, but can’t find anything yet. If one of us is at Warley, please report back!

John S

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, it's-er said:

Well, what did Oxford Rail say or announce at 10am today at Warley? They promised a statement then.   I’m looking online, but can’t find anything yet. If one of us is at Warley, please report back!

John S

I saw a pre-production of thé crane and three J26, and an announcement for a lines NER J26 version on Instagram. But not a lot of communication from Oxford themselves. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Johan DC said:

I saw a pre-production of thé crane and three J26, and an announcement for a lines NER J26 version on Instagram. But not a lot of communication from Oxford themselves. 

J26s? Capital! The J27 was, I think, Oxford’s best model to date and if that’s a guide, the J26 will be good too.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

20 hours ago, DLPG said:

Nothing new to report. Disappointing. Was hoping for new products. Hopefully there are more runs on wagons soon

Perhaps they got the date wrong ?

Perhaps they meant 1000 Sunday rather than 1000 Saturday ?

Oh. Hang on !!!

Edited by Covkid
  • Like 2

Oxford are currently very poor about communicating their Rail stuff.  All I get from them are occasional emails about the latest diecast vehicles, which don't interest me that much!

I suppose we should be happy that they turned up at Warley!

Edited by Hroth
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/11/2023 at 15:34, Butler Henderson said:

Maybe the announcement was the sign on the stand - Oxford Rail relaunch.

Should we actually expect a relaunch ?

Should we expect anything at all ?

From a personal point of view i did rather like the way Oxford seemed to be heading in - nice wagons and nice die cast, although the only locos i have are a pair of Janusi.  Very pleased for NER modellers who like 0-6-0 tender locos.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...