Realtrack Models looking for suggestions!

charliepetty

Hello, I do think the class 116/117/118 family should be seriously looked at, the 117 in particular as it was the longest lived (although i'd prefer a 116!). All 3 types of power car are basicaliy the same, only needing minor variations at the cab ends to produce all 3 variants, something which the tooling could be adapted to do?

The class 117/118 center cars are also basically the same, but by the 1980's most of the class 116 trailers had been scrapped, so running 117 center cars with 116 power cars wouldn't be at all out of place. Maybe if there is enough demand, a 116 center car could be produced sometime after the power cars, if sales take off.

It would also give you ready made chassie's to produce other 'long' dmu's, such as the 114 for example. I suppose it just depends if the high cost of such a project would generate enough return?

post-7477-0-71171400-1314351009_thumb.jpg

post-7477-0-42404900-1314351037_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

We want a better model of a 142.

Mick

I'd stay clear of the class 142; Dapol are doing one in N Gauge to modern standards so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that they'd scale it up into OO.

A three car 144 in 1980s WYPTE crimson & cream in N Gauge would go down very nicely (with me at least!).

Happy modelling.

Steven B.

hi

its about time some one did some departmental ready to run

ie

British rail technical center

network rail

railtrack

tampers

cranes

ect

here is some good web site for this sort of stuff

http://www.yellow-things.co.uk/

http://www.departmentals.com/

http://www.ontrackplant.com/

these are some of my photos

post-12651-0-06430500-1314391858_thumb.jpg

post-12651-0-05787800-1314391890_thumb.jpg

post-12651-0-80068000-1314391976_thumb.jpg

post-12651-0-11410400-1314392032_thumb.jpg

post-12651-0-29174700-1314392136_thumb.jpg

post-12651-0-07181700-1314392509_thumb.jpg

post-12651-0-69404300-1314392663_thumb.jpg

post-12651-0-23183700-1314392731_thumb.jpg

post-12651-0-44088500-1314392809_thumb.jpg

post-12651-0-93951700-1314392878_thumb.jpg

post-12651-0-85687400-1314393003_thumb.jpg

thanks

Connor

Hi,

Of course......there's an idea, a fully working, DCC, Kirow Rail Mounted Crane ( or the smaller 12t YOB )

Okay, a bit of a dream idea maybe, but just think of the play value for the 'serious' modeller ?

Considering the newness of the prototype Kirow, could a deal be struck with the builders to obtain drawings etc ?

Before stamping on the idea and citing costs being an issue, I already know these would probably be prohibitive BUT...Trix/Marklin have already done this with the German 'Goliath' rail mounted crane, so would it not be feasible for the Kirow thing, available in various liveries and with a small selection of support vehicles ( Freightliner type chassis? ) that could be sold as add-on packs to spread the cost ?

Sorry......am I dreaming again ?

Regards,

Dave

• RMweb Premium

hi

its about time some one did some departmental ready to run

network rail

Departmental stuff is a "niche" interest and would not appeal to Charlie's capitalist aspirations.............................. ;)

Although I think Bachmann will sell lots of MPV's, especially if they get the module options sorted. I may even be tempted to buy one to replace our SJR Models kit version.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Apologies that I have only just found the thread! But my vote would obviously go for a GWR Streamlined railcar. - How much to pay.... obviously the tricky question, but did we think we would be spending £100 plus a few years ago for locos? - I would not have thought so.

Maybe a DCC ready unit with internal lighting - and passengers/driver? - £100?....... £150? - might be a bit pricey, maybe £125 would be at the right level to give a decent profit and be acceptable for a decent level of sales.....

• 3 weeks later...

I have been thinking about this and it seems to me that there are 3 distinct options to go for re ACEMUs.

The first would be to do the class 304/5/8/504.

Think about it, that design ran just about everywhere where there was overhead knitting, carrying just about every livery ever, AND, you'd be able to do the DC class 504 too!

In their very long careers, they did: East London ('305/ '308), the WCML ('304 and '305), Leeds ('308), the Midlands ('304/'5), Scotland ('305) and Manchester ('305 and '504). Win win if you ask me!!

Secondly of course, would be the class 309. Immensely popular (one in weathered Jaffa Cake Livery would be the dogs bollox) , AND, you could then take the gangway off the front and, with mods, do a class 124 DMU as well as the class 303 and 311 EMUs. You might even manage a class 310/'12 from that lot too.

Lastly, but not least, taking the EPB lead from Bachmann, how about a '302, '307 and even a '501??

Me?? I'd buy the lot in a heartbeat.

I would second that, would love a model of a class 314, especially in the new SpotRail livery! When I'm working on them people complain about the our 314's, but they are the unappreciated unsung heros of the inner suburbs. Despite being relatively unloved they are a rugged, reliable and simple design. Our 314's have worn BR Blue and Grey, Strathclyde PTE Orange and Black (with a fair few logo variations-the old SPTE/SPT logos, BR Double Arrows, The two different ScotRail whoosh logos, FirstGroup flying F logos) , SPT Rail Carmine and Cream and the SpotRail Saltire. And thats just the 314's! 313's, 315's, 507's, 508's..... Yawning gap in the market Charlie and Arran!

Nice, but get the '303 and '311 done FIRST!! (complete with the '309, etc).

Seriously, talking of the '309 - I could see that being VERY popular indeed!

Just my 10p worth.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been thinking about this and it seems to me that there are 3 distinct options to go for re ACEMUs.

The first would be to do the class 304/5/8/504.

Think about it, that design ran just about everywhere where there was overhead knitting, carrying just about every livery ever, AND, you'd be able to do the DC class 504 too!

In their very long careers, they did: East London ('305/ '308), the WCML ('304 and '305), Leeds ('308), the Midlands ('304/'5), Scotland ('305) and Manchester ('305 and '504). Win win if you ask me!!

Secondly of course, would be the class 309. Immensely popular (one in weathered Jaffa Cake Livery would be the dogs bollox) , AND, you could then take the gangway off the front and, with mods, do a class 124 DMU as well as the class 303 and 311 EMUs. You might even manage a class 310/'12 from that lot too.

Lastly, but not least, taking the EPB lead from Bachmann, how about a '302, '307 and even a '501??

Me?? I'd buy the lot in a heartbeat.

Nice, but get the '303 and '311 done FIRST!! (complete with the '309, etc).

Seriously, talking of the '309 - I could see that being VERY popular indeed!

Just my 10p worth.

Overhead units are risky in our opinion, will let Bachmann get on with it, we have other eggs to fry! Charlie

Again if you are prepared to seriously consider something unusual and vintage

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:SECR61.JPG

The birdcage guards van and the two other coaches that go with it all in southern green would cheer up thousands.

Then Dapol or Bachmann might produce an E4 to go with Hornby's M7 to pull it on an imaginary Southern Region branchline...

I believe this was the stock used on the Guildford to Horsham line?

Well think is time after watching this long enough to give my thoughts.

Firstly, I think the departmental tamper is a very good idea. What with all the network rail and deparmental wagons that have been done, like sharks, seacows, etc.

I also think that future models might link to the novelty idea further. Things like that inspection saloon which would sell like hot cakes, even if its mooted someone else was considering doing one but not stated upon.

While its obvious that with an update to come one extra unit to the forthcoming 144/143 is in preperation - futher units I think should also fit around something of similar age. My vote then would be for a brand new, class 156.

Firstly, I think the departmental tamper is a very good idea. What with all the network rail and deparmental wagons that have been done, like sharks, seacows, etc.

I also think that future models might link to the novelty idea further. Things like that inspection saloon which would sell like hot cakes, even if its mooted someone else was considering doing one but not stated upon.

While its obvious that with an update to come one extra unit to the forthcoming 144/143 is in preperation - futher units I think should also fit around something of similar age. My vote then would be for a brand new, class 156.

Now I like 156's. Charlie

How about a Wickham 2-car dmu? Oddball dmu, probably not likely to be done by the mainstream manufacturers (not special enough like D0280 or other "icons"). Now preserved after a fantastic rebuild job, so suitable for transition period and preservation period. In between of course, it was converted to a departmental Manager's saloon. And we all know how popular departmentals are?

It could utilise that new mu chassis from Replica too.....

Stewart

How about a well detailed model of the Warwell wagon,

http://paulbartlett....ellbogiebolster

http://paulbartlett.....com/p152864854

Still in mainline use today but been around since the 1940s in quite large numbers, many different uses, still in army ownership but many have passed into engineering use, yes there are or have been kits Genisis (no longer avaliable) and Materdor models ( have been trying to get one of these for months) in 4mm and PG Models in 2mm

http://www.matadormo...sts%20train.htm

Edit, just noticed that Warwells and Warflats were mentioned on pages 1 & 2 of this thread!

I see that Bachmann are producing 6 versions of the inspection saloon in 2mm for the N Gauge Society. If Bachamnn own the rights to the CAD files then a 4mm release or private commission is now a possibility. I am still not convinced enough will sell to recover set up costs, too many liveries chasing too few customers. Then there will be the moans that Bachmann have only produced the recessed door handle version.

Let's hope I am proved wrong

Regards

Mike Wiltshire

I see that Bachmann are producing 6 versions of the inspection saloon in 2mm for the N Gauge Society. If Bachamnn own the rights to the CAD files then a 4mm release or private commission is now a possibility. I am still not convinced enough will sell to recover set up costs, too many liveries chasing too few customers. Then there will be the moans that Bachmann have only produced the recessed door handle version.

Let's hope I am proved wrong

Regards

Mike Wiltshire

Almost a certainty I would suggest.

• RMweb Premium

No intention to step into Bachman Territory one the 123 or the 124 as when they get the Blue Pullman out they have the Chassis!!

Give us a clue as to what might be up your sleeve then Charlie !!

Give us a clue as to what might be up your sleeve then Charlie !!

Another DMU, Cannot say yet as early days, too many preditors out there! (You dont see many lambs in the jungle).

We have no intention of letting others attack below the waterline, we need to have 15 month drawing & research work completed, Cad drawings done and ready to cut metal. Sorry but that is how it has to be. It is a DMU though!

Archived