Post a Bargain! (no discussions / questions) (was Bargain Hunters)

Modelzone stores are offering a £5 voucher (redeemable until 31/12/12 at their stores) if you spend over £50, and a £15 voucher if you spend over £100. Modelzone Exclusives don't count but sale items DO count as qualifying spend. If you can make your purchase just over the £100 mark it's as good as a 15% discount assuming you can use the vouchers (which of course you'll be able to!)

Note, not available online!

is the voucher redeemable on the sale you get it with or is it for a futher purchase if you see what i mean?

It's on a future purchase - but remember, Modelzone are a proper model shop in the sense that they stock paints, adhesives, modelling materials and the sort of stuff that doesn't get discounted by anyone. So, assuming that you're going to be buying those materials anyway, you can with care buy something you want that qualifies for the vouchers, and use them instead of 'real' money you would have spent on materials!

Holborn Modelzone have a number of heavily discounted Hornby Loco's in the bottom of the glass cabinet. Only about 8 or so but range from Patriot, Royal Scot, M7, Terrier, Stainer Tank and I think a L1(Green early British Railways in full), most if not all DCC fitted.

Priced £50(Terrier) up to £89 Scots etc. There is also a GWR Castle or King although couldn't really tell. I picked up Britannia Apollo (only one) and a Royal Scot Kings Rifles both DCC fitted and £89.

According to the guy who served me Hornby sent them direct so perhaps clearing some stock. Other branches may have them but I don't know.

I also got £15 worth of vouchers to use before 31st December.

• RMweb Premium

The Works (appropriately!!) have copies of

The Great Western At Swindon Works by Alan S Peck

for £2.99 - I dont know if its any good yet

I have read a copy. Although it is outside of my usual range of railway reading, I found it interesting. It includes the GWR's influence on the social development of Swindon from a hamlet to the railway town we recognised, as well as a history of the Works. Oh, and it has pictures of engines too.

The Works (appropriately!!) have copies of

The Great Western At Swindon Works by Alan S Peck

for £2.99 - I dont know if its any good yet but at a penny a page it'll make a useful doorstop if nowt else!

They also have a loyalty card scheme at the moment where each time you spend over £8 you get a stamp and after four stamps you get a 25% off card thats valid for a few months - Time to stock up on all those cheap brushes etc :D

HI

Just a quick word.

I Seen same book today in a discount bookshop in Brunswick shopping centre in Scarborough going for £2 or three books for £5 ,alas only three railway themed books on offer,got the swindon one but had to compromise and get a recipe book for the other half :yes:

Tel

I was at the Folkestone show on Saturday and The Signal Box of Rochester had Bachmann Nuclear Flasks at £14.99 and a DCC fitted network rail MPV at £84.99 - I think they were show offers but they had plenty of the flasks - they said they would have enough stock till around Warley at the same price.

Tescos have some lorries which look to be 1:87, they are very toy like but with some effort and careful placing towards the back of a layout maybe they could look very good on a 1:76 layout. They have 2 types, one being a box type trailer with 'you shop we drop' and another tanker with momentum 99 branding (tescos premium petrol)

Bargain at under £2 each!

Both are different tractor units too Richard. One Merc and the other MAN.

Paul

they are left hand drive .got in to them and changed them to right hand. last year they where £1.00 each. the wheels are c..p. changed them as well. the unit's are not bad. not sure of the scale held it next to a oxford truck only a little smaller.

• RMweb Gold

Don't think this has been mentioned? Hattons currently doing BR weathered Robinson O4 for £72 + p/p - fortunately for my wallet and my near-Aylesbury layout, none seem to have been based at Neasden. Nothing nearer than Cambridge and Royston. Then again I'd quite like one.....

http://www.ehattons.com/38453/Bachmann_UK_31_004_Class_O4_Robinson_ROD_2_8_0_63598_in_BR_black_with_early_emblem_weathered_/StockDetail.aspx

• RMweb Premium

I brought this up in the transfers section, but may be worth repeating here.

For anyone wanting to make their own transfers, Crafty Computer paper have a free delivery offer this weekend unti 22nd. Enter CW10 at checkout - applies to UK only standard delivery.

http://www.craftycomputerpaper.co.uk/.Inkjet-Water-Slide-Decal-Paper_151.htm

Cheers,

Mick

Found some Oxford Diecast here for £1

http://www.duncansmo...rd-die-cast?p=1

Paul

Many thanks for this. They have some Corgi and Hornby vehicles as well. For example, I got a Scammell tanker for £2 as well as some cars. Excellent service - they arrived the day after I placed my order.

Hello bargain hunters,

Browsing the sale display cabinet today in the Ian Allen bookshop Cardiff today these diesel locos struck me as a good buy,

Hornby R3051 class 60 Tees Steel Express £87.99

Bachmann warship 32-056 827 Kelly dcc fitted £59.00

Other Bachmann and Hornby diesel and steam locos at reduced prices in the sale showcase.

Regards

Sultan

edit r3057 to r3051

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

lots of stuff in ian allan birmingham

98C0E03A-E301-4B7D-989C-AE94F8B8E6B5-3210-000003F90180DE85.jpg

tornado's £75

voyager £80

LM desiro £110

windhoff MPV £90

iron ore tipplers £4

RES guv's £18

electrotren LTD ED british leyland cars curtain siders £18

couple of other bits and bobs that im not saying what they are as i want to go back and get them in the morning!!

Archived