Post a Bargain! (no discussions / questions) (was Bargain Hunters)

Amazon doing "Hornby R1152 Flying Scotsman 00 Gauge Electric Train Set" for £70 incl p & p.

They also do "Hornby R1072 Flying Scotsman 00 Gauge Electric Train Set" for £149.97 incl p & p.

Apart from the dearer one having an extra coach I don't see what the big difference is.

Any idea, is the cheaper one railroad ????

Cheers

LJC

• RMweb Gold

Apart from the dearer one having an extra coach I don't see what the big difference is.

The two coach set is a newer release. Apart from one less coach and the new style controller there is no difference.

The £70 one is what Amazon happen to have on offer at the moment. The £149 set is actually being sold by another seller via Amazon's website (you can do that yourself just like eBay) hence the price difference.

I don't know if this is a mistake, or even if anyone is interested, but my local Asda had large Pritt Sticks (43g) marked down from £2.50 to just 36p. If you're in need, maybe you too can grab a bargain for your card modelling. :)

Morning all,

Poundland Gravesend ( so Im assuming that other branches of this retailer will have the same ) are selling various rail DVD's for you guessed it £1 each.

I picked up a DVD about the Nene Valley Railway plus a Western freight one - but there are 2 or 3 others on trainspotting in various locations plus one about the Chasewater Light Railway.

Happy bargain hunting.

Chris

FOUND this today. ATLAS have got a eddie stobart volvo with fridge trailer in dicast. 1/76 scale. at £2.99. inc postage.230mm long 37mm wide 60mm high. with emma jade on the cab. you can phone on freephone 0800 321 3337.you only pay when you have got it in your hand. if you don't like you can send it back. look's like a oxford model ?

Just an update to Richard's post #476...

The 3 variations of Oxford diecast vehicles are now £1.50 each at Debenhams, certainly at the Wimbledon branch....

img3418s.th.jpg

I would guess these are 1/76 scale, although 'Mini' looks a little large....maybe the BMW prototype is actually that much of a car...?

• RMweb Gold

although 'Mini' looks a little large....maybe the BMW prototype is actually that much of a car...?

The mini is large, it's based on the Golf floorpan I believe, not really a "mini" at all really.

Somewhere on t'interweb there's a comparison picture with a proper Mini.

• RMweb Premium

Just an update to Richard's post #476...

The 3 variations of Oxford diecast vehicles are now £1.50 each at Debenhams, certainly at the Wimbledon branch....

img3418s.th.jpg

I would guess these are 1/76 scale, although 'Mini' looks a little large....maybe the BMW prototype is actually that much of a car...?

The VW is a tad underscale.

• RMweb Gold

modelzone in brum have a few things on sale at the moment including original railfreight grey 56 at £49, emt 153 for £39 and the virgin charter rake class 90 and dvt for £89, coaches for £59 there were a few other items too didnt really look too closely, a few mk3s at £18 possibly emt ones?

• RMweb Premium

ModelZone in Holborn is having a refit clearance sale but by the time I popped in there on Saturday, most of the decent bargains appeared to have already gone unless you want an entire rake of Grand Central HST buffet cars of course!!

hobbycraft sale ; letraset promarkers double ended one chisel one v fine half price £4.89

set of five "built environment" colours terracotta, sandstone,grey,pale blue,brown

ideal for touching up edges of card buildings

Morning all,

Poundland Gravesend ( so Im assuming that other branches of this retailer will have the same ) are selling various rail DVD's for you guessed it £1 each.

I picked up a DVD about the Nene Valley Railway plus a Western freight one - but there are 2 or 3 others on trainspotting in various locations plus one about the Chasewater Light Railway.

Happy bargain hunting.

Chris

Bought the Chasewater one for reference material - absolutely terrible in terms of entertainment (well, it was £1!) but some excellent reference material for preserved modelling ("interesting" PWay, stock livery, etc) and some unadvertised archive main line footage thrown in!

Also, for anyone interested in photography (or indeed other uses), some pretty decent frames for sale in a variety of sizes for... well, guess how much! Not mind-blowingly amazing quality, obviously, but very decent.

Boyes store in York are doing 20 piece micro drill sets, sizes 0.3 to 1.6mm for £2.75, think they have stores throughout Yorkshire and some in Co Durham, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire.

Thanks for the tip-off; I bought a set this week, still at £2.75. The quality isn't great, the smallest drill being so flimsy that it can't be used without snapping, but still good value for the price.

Cheers,

Will

• RMweb Gold

Just been into ian allen in birmingham and they have, on the sale table upstairs a couple of Bachmann 350 desiros for £100 each and a couple of Bachmann mpv's, dcc fitted models also for £100 each, there were a few other items such as emt hst pack for £90 and a few Hornby southern steamers for between £70 and £90, M7 and the like iirc

• RMweb Gold

Just been into ian allen in birmingham and they have, on the sale table upstairs a couple of Bachmann 350 desiros for £100 each and a couple of Bachmann mpv's, dcc fitted models also for £100 each, there were a few other items such as emt hst pack for £90 and a few Hornby southern steamers for between £70 and £90, M7 and the like iirc

I think it was you who was opposite me the other day in Ian Allan I was tempted with the desiro but I would have been murdered when I got home trying to sneak that in the house !! I did manage to get a regional railways 153 for £50 though

Archived