Dapol Mk3 Buffet - they exist

woodenhead

Hi Dave,

Not sure I follow your response, I was trying to be humourous that with all the things going on between retailer and manufacturer being discussed here, it's actually the postman that's been the failure point in my experience :)

Didn't mean to cause any confusion

Regards

• RMweb Gold

Yesterdsy I decided to remove the first class and web address off the buffet ends ofbthe WSMR coach using a blunt Stanley knife blade.

It came off fine with a lot of care. The remaining paint finish is a bit shinier. However from a distance it looks fine.

Ian

• RMweb Premium

I see Hattons have restored the Pretendolino packs to pre-order. Are we safe to assume that in the wake of the software issues they will genuinely be getting more stock? Likewise the FGW ones? I can see I'm either going to end up with 3 sets of each, or none!

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update as we stand at this moment.

We do indeed think there is a problem with both back orders and system software and have our 'guys' looking at it as i type.

We have also just sent e-mails to ALL stockists on our books who have e-mail with hard copies going today to those that dont, mentioning that the buffets and twin packs are all available from stock at chirk.

Hattons have ordered more this morning now, hence their website update.

So to clarify, the following are now in stock at Dapol

Twin packs  W&SR

Pretendolino

Single Buffet cars  Grand Central

First Great Western

East Midlands Trains

cheers

Dave

• RMweb Premium

So to clarify, the following are not in stock at Dapol

Twin packs  W&SR

Pretendolino

Single Buffet cars  Grand Central

First Great Western

East Midlands Trains

cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

So do you really mean "NOT" in stock?

Cheers,

Dave

• RMweb Premium

Amazing as we have silver bullets in stock!

And as I have said before I don't do the web site and as such cannot give you answers.

Please mail Joel directly for answers to your questions. Joel@Dapol.co.uk

Just because it isn't true in your experience doesn't make it not true for all does it?

Hi Dave,

You may have N Gauge Silver bullets in stock now (but not listed in the N Gauge wagon section of the Shop on the Dapol website). I ordered my wagons from the first batches, and it was from these first batches that the shop in question didn't get all they'd asked for.

In message #55 you stated that "all the orders ever placed with Dapol have been filled in full". It may be that "all the orders ever place with Dapol for Mk3s have been filled in full" is valid. However, your original statement isn't, in my experience, true for all Dapol products.

Happy modelling.

Steven B.

Hi everyone,

Just thought i'd give you a quick update.

The inquest goes on regarding our systems but we think we have a 'handle' on the situation now and some clarity has emerged.

On checking ALL our order forms for the twin packs and buffet cars, Kevin does indeed tell me that apart from 1 transposed order  which wasnt fulfilled, stockists who ordered them did indeed get them and orders in general were very poor.

However, as posted before we have e-mailed all 170+ traders who have active accounts with us (yesterday morning) with news that they can order for immediate delivery both the 3 x buffet cars already out and the 2 x twin packs that are also here, and we have had 1 response so far for an order of 2 FGW buffet cars.

We have hard copied those that dont have e-mail and hope to get more orders through those remaining 20+ if possible.

So it looks on the whole as though these will be very slow sellers as not many stockists have or will order them (ergo have no stock).

If the situation develops at all, then i will of course, let you all know here, but at present it doesnt look too hopeful.

Please feel free to order direct from Dapol, or canvass your stockist to order them in for you if required

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Premium

I also had issues with the website, but Hattons are showing stock of Pretendolino and FGW buffets - the ones I pre-ordered were packed and dispatched an hour ago. They had stock of neither yesterday, so someone's been ordering more than FGW ones.

Never mind, appear to be getting some, so all's well that ends well and that.

• RMweb Gold

Hi FGW "TRFB" arrived today and very good , painted number40210.  Best looking todate and the most accurate given the TRSB bodyshell compromise. In the CJ Marsden "HST The Second Millenium" page 141 are pics of sister vehicles showing variation minefield over blanked painted windows, opaque glass and even yellow line varys !!

Thanks Dave et al another hole filled! - and of course another opened opened in wallet !!  

Robert

Just to clarify, the only Mk3 Buffets with buffers that are currently available are those in the twin packs with a regular Mk3 coach?

Can Dave confirm whether the individual buffets with buffers (e.g. NC054B) are still going ahead, and if so, when? I'm just after a single buffet with buffers to add to a Mk2 formation!

Thanks

Justin

• RMweb Gold

My FGW buffet direct from Dapol was by the door on Friday night along with the Tomix couplings that are fitted to 153's.

It's now in the stock box with the HST bookset awaiting more standard and first class coaches ( the couplers were fitted to one end of teo Farish 168's last night and worked well today in multiple).

Ian

My FGW Buffet arrived yesterday courtsey of Hattons (wasn't expecting Saturday delivery for only £4!).

Excellent model as expected. The colouring of the "dynamic lines" logos is a little lighter than my bookset coaches, but it's really nothing major, as coaches tend to fade differently in real life anyway! Finally made my HST a 2+5, ehich is the most my layout can fit, so I'm rather happy.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived