EBay madness

Marcyg

Just noticed this -

TWO genuine 2008 TWENTY pence pieces without dates

so how does he know they are genuine 2008?

Sorry to be boring and reply to this, but in 2008 the design of the 20p was changed. Part of the change was to move the date from the face to the obverse of the coin. A number of 'mule' issues featuring the new design on the face but the old on the obverse were accidentally released into circulation. They are legal tender but collectors will pay around £100 for examples - and due to the well documented history of the error, it is well established amongst the target market that these 'undated' examples are from 2008.

I've followed this guy before, he buys up "Ltd Editions" from the likes of Modelzone, Model Rail etc and puts a third on... simple business model!

To be fair I've bought a couple of items from him when I've been desperate and the service has been very good.

Glad I snapped up my TPOs for the list price of £30, moral of course being is that if something you fancy is a "Ltd Edition", buy it asap....

A quick trawl through his completed listings shows not very many actual sales - which I think tells its own tale

All I can say is good luck to the winning bidder on this item.

MTK Trans Pennine Kit

Terry :O :o

Blinking eck "that's the strongest language I can use on here", I was watching this item as well, I might have thrown £70/£80 at it, but then that's still a lot of work to do, ah well I'll go back to my DC kits converted 303 cabs and keep chopping up them Bachmann MK1's, and yes I know the Swindon built units didn't have as deeper windows than the Mk1's, but who sees them when they are bobbing along at a scale 60/70 mph, and its my layout anywaytongue.gif.

Truly though I bet the seller is chuffed with that, I emailed the seller about the kit, and he told me he has yet to put the Buffet coach kit on ebay ohmy.gif more dosh !!!

• RMweb Gold

• RMweb Premium

I don't know which planet this guy is on... it certainly isn't this one!!

Just sometimes, the madness is the other way round. I just bid on, and won a very nice, used but in good shape

Aristo-Craft, G scale 0-4-0 with slope-back tender, with metal wheels, and included, a bobber caboose.

In a different livery than this one, and a little older, but I only paid $36 for it, with $15 shipping.

They guy did not know what he had, not even the makers name!

I can't wait to get my hands on it.

http://www.trainz.co...ELAID=611029926

Now that's what ebay is about.B):):D

HI All

Found this one , http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item563bed1c16

I think a little over priced and it's not even a clay truck, gets me very :angry: when i see this sort of thing going on, in my book ripping off the novice modeller .

Given how overpriced it is, you would have thought that the seller could have been bothered to check that their listing was correct. For a start the box will tell you what its contents is.

• RMweb Premium

Bargain corner for someone?

Hmm. An interesting threat contained within the Q&A section.

Edited by Andy Y
Link removed

Hmm. An interesting threat contained within the Q&A section.

Thanks for flagging that up. I have taken a copy of the listing and the comments therein and will be passing to the police.

I appreciate it isn't the seller's fault and it's very, very clear who that threat has been issued by.

Just re-read the comments on ebay - missed it first time, blimey, I'd be really scared Andy - not!

wink.gif

Not the shiniest shilling is he? Recording a threat of physical violence in the public domain and telling people his name is really bright. rolleyes.gif

Hornby L1 cheapest on ebay brand new inc postage is £78.50 plus others within a couple of pounds more of that price

2 hours to go at £76 secondhand although says new etc

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hornby-00-GAUGE-LNER-THOMPSON-L1-9001-LOCOMOTIVE-BOX-/190448985988?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item2c57a4e784

I think i would go for the new one personally :unsure::unsure::unsure: