EBay madness

Marcyg

Most of that lot is fit only for the bin and certainly not worth what it has already reached.

John be carefull there is a small selection of minic roadways with both a single and double crossing single fetching £30 double about £50 + track and cars there is about £300 there alone

Ian

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

John be carefull there is a small selection of minic roadways with both a single and double crossing single fetching £30 double about £50 + track and cars there is about £300 there alone

Ian

Bit silly burying it under a ton of duff model railway tat then! My guess is someone with a sharp eye must have spotted it...

The bogies are the ones that come with the kit who ever has built it has put them to close to the underframe in the middle. I know I have just built one

Ian

I know that, I was just commenting that they are too short for the prototype Stanier bogie fitted to the 42' CCT.

• RMweb Premium

I have been watching that one as it happens. Same guy has a 2EPB (or was it a 2HAP?) on as well. It seems lately anything with the words EMU on it, especially if kit built are now going for utterly ridiculous prices.

By the way, who the hell is the guy buying up all the second hand Lima Mk 3's? I bid on several in the last twenty four hours and even though most of the bidders name is blanked out, the first and last digits remain and from the bid list it has been the same snipe bidder in the last ten seconds every time!

Someone must have a very large carriage shed to fill methinks...

• RMweb Premium

And the final results on the VEP and HAP were:

HAP - £180 :O

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270650971474

VEP - £400 :O :o :O

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270650974585

You could get more than three of the new forthcoming Hornby version for that!! Looking at the bids placed, the same two bidders went nuts against each other from £60 (about all its worth given the imminent new Hornby one) upwards.

And I thought I had pushed the boat out the other day paying fifty quid for a Bachmann NSE Class 159...

Rare, unboxed, and NEW!

Not three terms that I would apply to this item..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MAINLINE-RAILWAYS-No-937324-G-W-R-SIPHON-H-BOGIE-MILK-/300479025382?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item45f5f210e6

Well, OK, perhaps unboxed then....

At a recent exhibition a dealer had several of them marked up at £12.50 each.

I thought that was a bit expensive.

Bernard

I would like to bring the attention to this item: (i have reported it so it may be gone by the time you get to it)

this is the most expensive Dublo N2 ever...

that isn't rare..... and it is vastly over valued.

I will come back and give you a description and more ifno if it disappears in the meantime....

Actually, that particular version is rare. It's the 3 rail model that came out after the N2 moulds were revised to include coal in the bunker. It has a comparable rarity to a Ludlow Castle, City of Liverpool, 8F number 48094 or standard class 4 number 80059.

The 2 rail version, which looks identical but has the number 69550 on the bunker is the much more common version. £110 starting price though seems high considering it is unboxed, but I've seen some of the other rare N2s (any in Southern livery) go for several hundred pounds.

EDIT: I am curious what you reported the listing for?

EDIT: I am curious what you reported the listing for?

Excellent question Jenny, after reading it I can't see an issue (other than the tad excessively high starting price), after all the guy is being up front about any possible delays to dispatch.

Kev

• RMweb Gold

Some sellers get over optimistic with their asking price.

Some buyers get carried away with their bidding wars.

Now I notice an increasing number of examples of "Hey look at this mad item on E bay!" only for it to be pointed out by another poster that the item is not so mad after all.

As stated a rare Dublo N2, but the condition is not that brilliant (I don't remember ever seeing one). The seller's other items all seem priced 'at value' - not cheap, but not everything on eBay is a bargain.

• RMweb Gold

Continuing on from the earlier posting of this load of, erm, collectable models:blink: , the final bidding price is absurd!!!!!

Hornby Dublo job lot

Can think of better things to sepnd 1k on!!!!!!!:P

There's a lot of stuff there! Drip-fed back on to Ebay as individual items the buyer could make a profit. There's more than one idiot buyer - sorry, discerning purchaser - after this stuff. :D

There's a lot of stuff there! Drip-fed back on to Ebay as individual items the buyer could make a profit. There's more than one idiot buyer - sorry, discerning purchaser - after this stuff. :D

The more who buy these items (especially those who do not know too much) the better as far as I am concerned. I have had some great buys. One chap openly admitted when I thanked him for the item, that he had brought a job lot for £4k and sold it on for £5k. I cannot remember what the item was other than I got a great bargin, could have been sold for 2 or 3 times the price if it had been described correctly.

I am as interested in finding these cheap items as I am in finishing off my collection. I brought an item described as City of Truto, well it had an Airfix C of T box, a whitemetal loco (not a C of T) with a RTR chassis and another chassis all for £17.30 inc postage.

This is what arrived, Airfix City of Truro un built kit, K's Grange missing the motor and front of the footplate and a Hornby Hall chassis (no bogie). Well I needed the motor for the A3 chassis in a Langley Baltic tank I have. I resold the Airfix kit and the chassis for over a tenner. Given the price Hornby motors sell for the K,s loco was for free.

The chap who brought the chassis I think is a dealer, but the original seller was happy, I am, as is the person with the Airfix kit and no doubt the dealer will sell it. I cannot see a problem.

£1k seems a lot, but there are about 40 locos, a large quantity of rolling stock, several boxed sets, track, controllers and a quantity of Minic Roadway and scenic items. A resale profit is quite probable. Boxed sets usually make over £100 alone.

Saying that, I would have wanted to see it first, before parting with all that bread! Condition is important! (All that stuff chucked in a box doesn't look too promising.)