St.Agnes Station - summer timetable

Jack00

post-13209-0-01451400-1392048192_thumb.jpg

An update! I've filled in gaps in the scenery with hanging basket liner and applied some fine turf. Its now married up to the front fascia and back scene, the gaps were a little unsightly.

Also there was a small gap between the station building awning and road surface which is now filled with filla, and later will be painted to match.

Also the track has had a coat of matt brown to releave any purple ballast.

Board 1 is almost completed!!

Cheers

Jack

post-13209-0-56004700-1392053379_thumb.jpg

The track has dried a little glossy for my liking but will soon be dulled down with a layer of sleeper grime.

But now to tackle board 2.

In all my previous layouts i have a habbit of cluttering with ready to plonk items, such as milk churns and suit cases. But I think with St.Agnes, less is more approach is certainly the way forward. I have made up some coopercraft 4wheeled GWR trolleys instead, and that will be it for the platform accessories.

More later.

Jack

Thanks Paul. Glue it with PVA to desired surface...

The hanging basket liner was a first for me, but its a great technique, matt varnish in a thick layer then sprinkle the woodland scenics fine scatter which sticks to the liner and creates bramble look.

Blow off any excess once dry.

Also can be trimmed with a pair of scissors if its too long.

Cheers

Jack

Oh dear! A problem with the North end turnout,it seems its not isolating the opposite line (2 loco's) run at the same time. I think the weathering has damaged it in some way?!

Anyway...apart from this, im so pleased with the layouts progress. But time for a break before I make a mistake or make a huge c*ck up.

Jack

Jack, Don & Paul thanks for the kind comments.

Jack, out of interest, the book you referred too was it the Middleton press "Branchlines of Newquay" or am I missing a book with pictures of St.Agnes in it?

Cheers

Other Jack.

Archived