The next Ixion loco - what do you want?

81A Oldoak

• RMweb Premium

Dragon Models were keen on a Peckett saddle tank too,but hinted that it was not to be the next model....

Maybe an Andrew Barclay 10" 0-4-0ST which would be handy for distillery, dock & mining layouts?

Dava

Beattie Wells tank had a good innings, nudge, nudge.

Definitely not after the debacle some other players have had with this loco. 

Dragon Models were keen on a Peckett saddle tank too,but hinted that it was not to be the next model....

Maybe an Andrew Barclay 10" 0-4-0ST which would be handy for distillery, dock & mining layouts?

Dava

I've never particularly liked Barclay's locos. 

Please, something relatively small. Unless one owns a stately home or runs trains around the garden, the larger engines are of little practical use. (Well, I suppose a loco shed layout is one possible use - the wonderful Cardiff Canton has shown it can be done in a remarkably small space.)  Some small, undistinguished engine, preferably one that can be turned out in pre-group, group and BR versions. Or alternatively, some reasonably ancient and long-lived industrial type. And something that isn't a duplicate of an already available or promised model.

...... Or alternatively, some reasonably ancient and long-lived industrial type. And something that isn't a duplicate of an already available or promised model.

OK so why not this one?

(photo from NRM blog site - purely for educational purposes you understand...)

post-17823-0-55844000-1388268892_thumb.jpg

Please, something relatively small. Unless one owns a stately home or runs trains around the garden, the larger engines are of little practical use. (Well, I suppose a loco shed layout is one possible use - the wonderful Cardiff Canton has shown it can be done in a remarkably small space.)  Some small, undistinguished engine, preferably one that can be turned out in pre-group, group and BR versions. Or alternatively, some reasonably ancient and long-lived industrial type. And something that isn't a duplicate of an already available or promised model.

Hi Poggy,

I agree, the more generic and ubiqitous the better for all though - manufacturers, retailes and punters alike as it has to make money.

OK so why not this one?

(photo from NRM blog site - purely for educational purposes you understand...)

attachicon.gifBellerophon a.jpg

Hi Osgood,

A fine looking beastie, yet I wouldnt have thought that loco was in the spirit of things, not by a country mile LOL!...

ATVB to you both

CME

I presume you have seen and may even own an Ixion Hudswell Clarke 0-6-0ST. 

• RMweb Premium

I really don't know if I can stand the suspense & speculation until Chris is able to advise the next Ixion loco!

Let's just remember that within the last two years they've delivered two excellent & very useful small locos, which are still available, on time & on cost, whilst remaining very responsive on this forum. A marked difference on all these counts from other suppliers we know of.

Now back to my 'P' class rebuild.

Dava

• 2 weeks later...

I would certainly be very likely to purchase a 264 Class Caledonian 0-4-0ST much like the Neilson 0-4-0T.

See the link below :

Small loco which can be produced in CR, LMS, and BR logos.  Something new for Oscale RTR that also opens a market for some rolling stock from up north to go with it.

Bruce 

I would certainly be very likely to purchase a 264 Class Caledonian 0-4-0ST much like the Neilson 0-4-0T.

See the link below :

Small loco which can be produced in CR, LMS, and BR logos.  Something new for Oscale RTR that also opens a market for some rolling stock from up north to go with it.

Bruce 

And with a very simple change of tank from round to ogee (e.g. Great Eastern Nielsons) a fair few variations could be made from the basic design! 

Bit of an esoteric one this but may be easy to do

I think the chassis from the fowler could be turned around and a different body could be put on ie Armstrong Whitworths Lady Armstrong as used on the North Sunderland Railway. Dont know how many where made but would be a great compliment to the fowler and the original is up at Tanfield Railway

Just a thought and no expensive chassis design to do???

• 5 months later...

Archived