westerhamstation

Ohhh  .....   YES!  .....

Thank you for the clarification just shows these people who decide our future can say two or three things in one statement and not mean any of it, good idea to turn the M25 into a linear car park. But really the only answer to all the problems is to reinstate the Westerham branch the planneres can at least see what they can build by reading this thread !

A Daniel come to judgment! yea, a Daniel!
O wise young judge, how I do honour thee!  .............................       :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum:

Edit: Apologies - words from a Jewish bloke about to lop a pound of flesh from a debtor, who was unable to pay back a loan.......   :O  :O

......    Oh well, alright then   ..... :no:   ........     Shylock from Shakespeare's tunnel Merchant of Venice   ........

[Just occurs that it would never get past the PC Brigade these days     :nono:  .]

Edited by jcredfer
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Forgive me Adrian, but I've tweaked this by adding in some telephone wires:

attachicon.gifwesterham-station-bw.jpg

That's all it needed, I reckon.

Al.

Hi Al, thanks for that, it gives me an idea as to what they would like and would it be worth doing. Only time and eyesight will tell, also it will mean leaning right over the baseboard :scratchhead: .

All the best Adrian

• Like 1

Forgive me Adrian, but I've tweaked this by adding in some telephone wires:

attachicon.gifwesterham-station-bw.jpg

That's all it needed, I reckon.

Al.

You have not put any Wood Pigeons, on the wires, Al, nor Starlings.     

I trialled wires last  year,      ok if you don't have to put your hands in the area, I doubt,if any good for an exhibition layout.

post-13585-0-33325300-1415694298.jpg

post-13585-0-38985500-1415694301.jpg

post-13585-0-24232200-1415694299.jpg

• Like 3

Ah, that's interesting.

I have bought some of that EZ Line, but haven't actually used it yet, so it's interesting to see what it looks like, thanks David.

As you may notice Al, others' may not, the lines I shew,are very taught.

If you look at the base, the poles are mounted in a snowfield..........spot the tank.  :no:

You have not put any Wood Pigeons, on the wires, Al, nor Starlings.     

I trialled wires last  year,      ok if you don't have to put your hands in the area, I doubt,if any good for an exhibition layout.

Surely a tame spider would be cheaper and more in keeping with the d-i-y policies of this thread, provided you could train it.

Knowing how persistent the little blighters can be, the odd broken line would soon be fixed.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Ah, that's interesting.

I have bought some of that EZ Line, but haven't actually used it yet, so it's interesting to see what it looks like, thanks David.

Where can you get this in the UK?  I've found it on Ebay.com but not on Ebay.co.uk

TIA

• RMweb Gold

Where can you get this in the UK?  I've found it on Ebay.com but not on Ebay.co.uk

TIA

Sorry Adrian for taking over your thread.

Tim, there is a UK stockist here:

http://www.modelsrgo.co.uk/ez-line-rigging-thread-charcoal-100-feet-fine-0.075mm.html

However I found they didn't have a full range of all the colours I wanted, so I bought mine from a Danish stockist here:

http://www.skilteskoven.dk/shop/line-c-23_79.html?osCsid=sfjei8qa3m7qka3hc05j0tv0l2

Hope this helps.

I used EZ Line for signal pulley runs and because it stretches found it to be extremely tolerant to clumsiness and snagging on clothing and tools when leaning over the layout. It was also very easy to thread through small holes. The black colour is nearly invisible if seen against a dark background though.

• RMweb Gold

Hey Adrian, what's happened to the posts you did with your video?

I've just watched it, by following the link in my notification email, and it's great!

Hi Al, It's a tale of woe as far as I am concerned, I sent the old git out to make a video of Westerham Station as a suprise for you all, so far so good. With a bit of editing I cut the more undesirable scences out that he had taken, and opened up a Youtube account. This is where it has formed a life of it's own. I don't know what button I have pushed or pulled but when I posted it on here, and a test email it comes up with a message on a red background with a bl***y sad face saying you can't see your video with safety mode on!! I have looked it up on internet for advice on how to disable it, but all it does, is say log out and sign in, and disable by just clicking on the safety mode on/off button. There is no *******button. The video will play on my tablet and phone. Help :butcher: the link is below. All the best Adrian

• Like 9

Hi Al, It's a tale of woe as far as I am concerned, I sent the old git out to make a video of Westerham Station as a suprise for you all, so far so good. With a bit of editing I cut the more undesirable scences out that he had taken, and opened up a Youtube account. This is where it has formed a life of it's own. I don't know what button I have pushed or pulled but when I posted it on here, and a test email it comes up with a message on a red background with a bl***y sad face saying you can't see your video with safety mode on!! I have looked it up on internet for advice on how to disable it, but all it does, is say log out and sign in, and disable by just clicking on the safety mode on/off button. There is no *******button. The video will play on my tablet and phone. Help :butcher: the link is below. All the best Adrian

It is working fine.....all 39 secs......looks really good.....

• RMweb Gold

Hi one and  all, I have fixed the problem with the safety mode button, it now plays on my computer. So here is the link if you have missed it to the first moving pictures of trains at Westerham Station since 1961. I am just going to have a lie down in a dark room to recover from all the exitement. All the best Adrian.

• Like 6

Shewing Now !

"The Film They Tried To Ban"

Click Here, for Detail's

Edited by David Todd

I don't suppose that was young Westerham    ..................   trying to drum up more support for his layout    ...........    :scratchhead:  

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-30049739 

....................    out with a spade, last night  .................      :nono:

Edit = 2 x nights - 1

Edited by jcredfer

• RMweb Gold

Gault Clay

Don't forget, Adrian, that you are now building out across the gault clay*.

Treacherous stuff, Wanders about all over the countryside of its own accord. Note the paucity of any buildings at foot of the Downs where the narrow band of clay runs. No-one who knew the ground built anything on it. So where did they put the railway? I suppose the land was cheap because no-one wanted it.

It always caused problems with bank slips. Even when the line was built they had to buy extra land so that cutting and embankment sides could be made more gentle. Once you start building towards Chevening, Combe Bank cutting was especially bad. Photographs show quite a depth of ballast there to counteract the poor drainage. I don't know if any parts of the line were actually piled, but they held some sheet steel piling in reserve in case of emergency on the branch. If you look at late pictures of Chevening you'll notice substantial drains there.

Now this may raise a question in your mind - after all, what did they do with the trackbed when the line closed?

If you look at that section of the M25 you will see that it, too, has very gentle cutting and embankment sides, and none are particularly high. And when they came to widen it to four lanes, they couldn't just tack extra lanes onto the edges without upsetting the fragile geology, so they had to convert the hard shoulders into running lanes instead. But you try to find that reason admitted anywhere - it might have made the road builders look incompetent. I would love to know how many problems the gault does cause for the M25. It runs along it all the way from Junction 7 to Junction 5, and the whole length of the M26 is on it.

*http://mapapps.bgs.ac.uk/geologyofbritain/home.html and Go to Location "Brasted"

Hi Julian, they should have asked Ron.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-30049739

Ps this link should work better. :senile:

Edited by westerhamstation