westerhamstation

Lovely moody picture    ........   

Westerham Station, caught in the Ford Populars headlights late at night.

( thanks for the insipration Al )

............................     but not the lights of a Ford Popular - they were much more dim and yellow  .......    :yes:

More like the Area Cops checking out the passengers off the train - in their new Area Car, fitted with they there new fangled Hollow gin Halloween Halogen lights - all bright and blue  .........   could tell a following Cop Car miles behind   .......     :secret:

More like the Area Cops checking out the passengers off the train - in their new Area Car, fitted with they there new fangled Hollow gin Halloween Halogen lights - all bright and blue  .........   could tell a following Cop Car miles behind   .......     :secret:

A bit early for Halogen's I think.  Our Area Car, a Wolseley 6/110, in 1966/7 didn't have Halogens, and if you put the blue light on and rang the bell (yes, we still had bells - not two-tones) the lights went as dim as a - well, a Ford Pop!

Hi Adrian

Congratulations on getting Westerham into BRM, it looked great and it was good to get some of the background information too as to why it was built.

I love your scenic work and often pop in for a comparison to my own and hope to reach the levels you have once it's all together. Keep the photos coming with their little stories as if/when they stop it will be a sad day and I will miss them a lot.

All the best

Jim

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

HI Adrian, finally managed to get a copy of BRM this morning. Superb photos of your layout, and a nice write up.

Even in close up, the detail you've managed to get into your modelling is amazing.

Love the night time view as well, really good.

Cheers,

Al.

Should you be allowed to use language like that    .....

worst area car we ever had was when the rover SDI 3500s were running out of supply they tried us with a MG Maestro :(

......    on a Public Thread   ............    :O   ...  :nono:

• RMweb Gold

Great work in print Adrian, with one exception. Those of us who follow your progress on here know full well you missed a bit!   Do we take it they are saving Brasted for a future edition??????

Hi Colin, It's a possible, maybe. one day, can't say more than that. :locomotive:

Next project will be the connection of Westerham to Brasted with a removable baseboard, and wiring that up. doing a bit more detailing on both stations. Then the building of Chevening Halt, so plenty of things to get on with. All the best Adrian.

• Like 8

Crikey Adrian, I'd just done a similar post and thought I'd done quite well to get as far as I had, but I come on here and you got yours built and published while I'm still only halfway through.

Not that I'm deflated in any way though, it just encourages me to make sure progress continues to reach that same goal.

Looking forward to following more of your work in the future now that I see there is more to come.

Envious of East Yorks.

Jim

• Like 1

Hi Colin, It's a possible, maybe. one day, can't say more than that. :locomotive:

Next project will be the connection of Westerham to Brasted with a removable baseboard, and wiring that up. doing a bit more detailing on both stations. Then the building of Chevening Halt, so plenty of things to get on with. All the best Adrian.

Next project..........Modern Image, eh

• RMweb Gold

Happy Birthday Brasted!

I too find it hard to believe it's a year old, but it certainly looks well on it. I'm very tempted to say I like Brasted even more than Westerham, there's just something about the way the station nestles into the landscape, it really is superb.

Looking forward to the next year's worth of modelling - will you reach London by then?? :O

Al.

• Like 2