Lunester Lounge: CLOSED

Physicsman

I am not going to York either which is strange as I visit the city for various reasons, seven or eight times a year but having missed a month or so down at Sheddington dew to other commitments I have just got to spend sometime on the modelling.  :boast:

Stand in a corner and write out 100 times the word scool --  er -- skool --  er -- shool --  er -- school.  Never use a word checker

Derek

A friend sent me this many moons ago, I don't know the person who actually wrote it but thank you

ODE TO A SPELLING CHECKER

Eye halve a spelling chequer

It came with my pea sea

It plainly marques four my revue

Miss steaks eye kin knot sea

Eye strike a key and type a word

And weight four it two say

Weather eye is wrong oar write

It shows me strait a weigh

As soon as a mist ache is maid

It nose bee for two long

And eye can put the error rite

Its rare lea ever wrong

Eye have run this poem threw it

I am shore your pleased two no

Its letter perfect awl the weigh

My chequer tolled me sew

• RMweb Premium

Hi Polly, glad you and Ray are back safe and well, :O  Did you exhibit at Allypalliesillsallymilliebilly? :O :beee: :locomotive:

yo wer misd

Bot god :sungum:

Hi Goodbit,

We were let loose on Kinmundy - spellchecker doesn't like that one, suggesting 'unkindly' - though that could be referring to the heavy frost on the layout. :D 

Kinmundy (EM ) was by the entrance, so for many it was come in from a white winter scene outside to a white winter scene in miniature inside.  Went down really well.  I do like it when the onlookers are happy. :sungum:

Jeff would like this one - I was 'Go4' as in 'Go for the coffees'. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

A good weekend.

Polly

• RMweb Premium

Hi Goodbit,

We were let loose on Kinmundy - spellchecker doesn't like that one, suggesting 'unkindly' - though that could be referring to the heavy frost on the layout. :D

Kinmundy (EM ) was by the entrance, so for many it was come in from a white winter scene outside to a white winter scene in miniature inside.  Went down really well.  I do like it when the onlookers are happy. :sungum:

Jeff would like this one - I was 'Go4' as in 'Go for the coffees'. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

A good weekend.

Polly

I think that's cheeky and presumptive on the part of others, expecting you to get the coffee!! 

Poor Polly. Good idea though!!  :O  :O

Jeff

Seeing as I missed all the fun of Ally Pally, who's going to be at York next weekend?  I'll be there Saturday and Monday operating Water Houses and Longnor.  Do say hello if you're there!

Hi Michael

I hope to pop over to York for the show, most likely on the Monday so will say hello at some time.

Jim

• RMweb Premium

I think that's cheeky and presumptive on the part of others, expecting you to get the coffee!! 

Poor Polly. Good idea though!!  :O  :O

Jeff

Lucky Polly.....  :yes:

On arrival, Friday evening, I saw earlier arrivals downing beverages in paper cups so I went to find out where they got them, having been on the road all day.  Easy then, to stay 'in role' and keep the offer going, especially as I got to look at some brilliant layouts and trade stands en route so in no way was I going to opt out.  :sungum:  And I do believe others did it while I was off duty.  Apologies if I mislead you or you thought I was complaining - not intended. Just thought you'd like to know we were into c o f f e e .... :sungum:

De-caffeinating Lune

• RMweb Premium

Polly,

Put the kettle on, :O

hhahahaaaahjheheeeeeeeeee :no:

Tibgod :sungum:

Sounds like the Nordic god of shinbones is in a good frame of mind!!

I even put a spectacularly dull photo on KL specially for you Andy (best I could manage today!)....

Jeff

Sounds like the Nordic god of shinbones is in a good frame of mind!!

I even put a spectacularly dull photo on KL specially for you Andy (best I could manage today!)....

Jeff

Hi Jeff I saw that pic and was worried in case it was a Crypton Factor sight test,  hahaa :no:

Talking of Shinbones, I had better keep out of Polly;s way at the next show we are at, hhahhahheheeee :no:

Back Later for a catch up,

Bodgit :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

Hi Jeff I saw that pic and was worried in case it was a Crypton Factor sight test,  hahaa :no:

Talking of Shinbones, I had better keep out of Polly;s way at the next show we are at, hhahhahheheeee :no:

It was! I spun round and round a few times and randomly pointed the camera when I stopped.

The picture was meant to convince you that I was actually doing something. Obviously, you weren't fooled!  :cry:  :cry:  :dontknow:

Jeff

It was! I spun round and round a few times and randomly pointed the camera when I stopped.

The picture was meant to convince you that I was actually doing something. Obviously, you weren't fooled!  :cry:  :cry:  :dontknow:

Jeff

Ha Ha fooled me again.

• RMweb Premium

Polly,

Put the kettle on, :O

hhahahaaaahjheheeeeeeeeee :no:

Polly put the kettle on (x 3)

We'll all play trains.   :locomotive: :sungum:

Sukey take it off again (x3)

They've all  brought their planes   :pilot: :O

Retellin it  as it is Lune

• RMweb Premium

Jeff I have just had another look at that S & C video on here and I now need a Clan as well, :no: OH NO :nono:

Bog*hit :nono: :sungum:

I have Clans and Brits on my wish list, but Hornby's current stock is nil/limited.

Great machines - but very expensive (Clans are about £5 less than Brits - probably about £130 without a decoder.)

Jeff

• RMweb Gold

There is a problem with all that teas drinking when operating. You find yourself needing a comfort break (loo trip) when operating solo. My first experience of operating was on a friends layout at Bristol in Watershed days. The others set up a train too long for the run round loop, told me it was ready then left. I saw them out front watching. Fortunately I didn't panic carefully split the train and sorted it out. Malcolm the owner told me later he liked to know if any of the operators were likely to get panicky if things went wrong. 

Don

There's a rumour on KL that there is to be an extension to Ribblehead.

It is further reported that 'this would be great for the area creating more work in the construction industry and bring more disposeable income to the local economy'.

KL Rumour Reporter

There's a rumour on KL that there is to be an extension to Ribblehead.

It is further reported that 'this would be great for the area creating more work in the construction industry and bring more disposeable income to the local economy'.

KL Rumour Reporter

Its just wonderful what the local Lord  is doing for that area, god bless him

Clan Macgregor from Britannia- $232 CAD (around 150 quid), on the shelf right now, plus P&P (but no taxes). 

http://britanniamodels.com/oo-scale/Hornby/steam-locos

I seem to think I didn't pay more than $200, but I could be mistaken...there's one on Long Marton.  (along with Robin Hood...I know, it was a southern Brit, but my connection to it is strong...).

James

Archived