Lunester Lounge: CLOSED

Physicsman

It's a bit quiet on here this morning. :scratchhead:

Has everyone forgotten to change the clocks and are still in bed :O

Duncan

I would like to think everyone's hard at it, at their modelling station making up for lost time (the missing hour)

(edit grammar)

Morning Billy

I'm certainly not hard at the modelling. I'm in the process of tidying up my work area after the last couple of days.

Duncan

I think tidying up our work (modelling) areas still counts overall as part of the modelling, its a chore that as got tp be done

We need to create some order so that the chaos flows in order to create yet more mess  :no:

You realy don't want to see the chaos I've caused over the last few days. :O

Tools, paints, plasticard, glues all over the place to the extent that I can't find anything easily :nono:

The only advantage is that I've only got myself to answer to. :sungum:

Duncan

• RMweb Premium

We have a family member staying - hence the train ride yesterday - who is currently shunting on Avago  :locomotive:

And Ray has already started building my 43xx chassis.... the gear box and motor work.... :yahoo:

As to my own modelling.  Since I've not settled on the track plan yet I've decided to measure up the loco shed and work shop and see where that takes me.  I've got drawings with measurements - hopefully, they'll all be readable/decipherable.

But that will wait until tomorrow (?) :derisive:  Holiday today :sungum: :sungum: :sungum:

Lazy Lune

• RMweb Premium

We have a family member staying - hence the train ride yesterday - who is currently shunting on Avago  :locomotive:

And Ray has already started building my 43xx chassis.... the gear box and motor work.... :yahoo:

As to my own modelling.  Since I've not settled on the track plan yet I've decided to measure up the loco shed and work shop and see where that takes me.  I've got drawings with measurements - hopefully, they'll all be readable/decipherable.

But that will wait until tomorrow (?) :derisive:  Holiday today :sungum: :sungum: :sungum:

Lazy Lune

I'd NEVER describe you as a "Lazy Lune", Polly!! You always seem to be on the go. I guess it helps if your other half is as interested in a hobby as you are!

How long have you been working on your track plan? I remember looking at one in GWR a few months ago. My KL plan took over 2 years to evolve into it's final stage. There were times when I never thought I'd get to the point where I was happy with it, but I couldn't be more delighted with the result. Track planning and layout design is a hobby in its own right.

I must ask Andy if he sits and plans all these layouts he builds.

Jeff

I'd NEVER describe you as a "Lazy Lune", Polly!! You always seem to be on the go. I guess it helps if your other half is as interested in a hobby as you are!

How long have you been working on your track plan? I remember looking at one in GWR a few months ago. My KL plan took over 2 years to evolve into it's final stage. There were times when I never thought I'd get to the point where I was happy with it, but I couldn't be more delighted with the result. Track planning and layout design is a hobby in its own right.

Jeff

He probably has a think over a cuppa and then puts the track down :jester: .

Wouldn't be surprised if I was wrong, otherwise he wouldn't end up with a layout looking like the area he was trying to portray taking that aproach :O

Duncan

Lazy Lune

Polly

You really cant rush these things, I seem to spend a lot of my time taking a step back and giving it a good look at before.......... :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

He probably has a think over a cuppa and then puts the track down :jester: .

Wouldn't be surprised if I was wrong, otherwise he wouldn't end up with a layout looking like the area he was trying to portray taking that aproach :O

Duncan

Duncan, you could be right. at least that's the image Andy portrays. However, as his layouts always seem to be highly functional and scenically excellent, I suspect that he sits and ponders long and hard before starting anything.

Andy - if you read these posts - what DO you do?

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Thanks guys. That's cheered me up no end - it's always more convincing when someone else says it.  :sungum: .

I've been thinking about it  - oh, let's do it properly (HAHA) - planning the layout for about a year - so not long.

Part of this is just reading about it - find an interesting photo and it's "can I model it?" so I guess I'm not idling as such - just trying to get the most out of it all and I guess that takes time.  And, of course, I'm following threads on here and finding out how to do things - even if I do put on the clown act  occasionally  a lot of the time.  :jester:

And there again - there's Avago and Camel Quay to contribute to which are in themselves part of the learning experience as well as watching or operating other people's layouts. 
Lots of fun, then.   :locomotive: 

Listening Lune

• RMweb Premium

Just where is Andy P today rather conspicuous by his absence, maybe sat pondering somewhere considering his next move  :no:

Whatever he does it seems to work :locomotive:  

He's probably on an Easter Egg Hunt...so many around on the preserved railways this weekend...

Bunny Lune

• RMweb Premium

Thanks guys. That's cheered me up no end - it's always more convincing when someone else says it.  :sungum: .

I've been thinking about it  - oh, let's do it properly (HAHA) - planning the layout for about a year - so not long.

Part of this is just reading about it - find an interesting photo and it's "can I model it?" so I guess I'm not idling as such - just trying to get the most out of it all and I guess that takes time.  And, of course, I'm following threads on here and finding out how to do things - even if I do put on the clown act  occasionally  a lot of the time.  :jester:

And there again - there's Avago and Camel Quay to contribute to which are in themselves part of the learning experience as well as watching or operating other people's layouts. 

Listening Lune

I suspect many people on here are watching what other people do and learning things. I certainly am. It's often the little things that you never think of. The things that are so pigging obvious when you see someone else do them!

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Just where is Andy P today rather conspicuous by his absence, maybe sat pondering somewhere considering his next move  :no:

I suspect Andy will be working on Glenfinnick. He'll post some pictures after about 7pm, showing the loch shore completed and the main area of the layout grassed.

I'm not joking about this - I think that what he achieves is quite amazing. I simply couldn't do things the way he does....and the speed of the man. Then he tells us that he's "bodged it". If Andy isn't an inspiration, I don't know what is!

Jeff

It's a bit quiet on here this morning. :scratchhead:

Has everyone forgotten to change the clocks and are still in bed

Duncan

Not me Duncan, I was up before Dawn :O , well I didn't know she was in the spare room, :no:  hhhahahhehehe, :sungum: Up at 6 to get the morning papers and then up the Club for our Easter Open Days, Sunday / Monday, running Tebudoc :senile: :senile: :senile: :senile: :senile: .

Bodgit :stinker:

Jeff

Jeff, I have Glenfinick underway as you well know, I have almost finished the track layout for Annes Hill, my OO MPD, and I am working on a new OO Scottish Layout to replace Glen Roy in 2015, poss a Scottish Terminus with a Quayside. :sungum:

We will see.

Bodgit the Highlander :O       :no:

Listening Lune

I think they call it research and learning Polly.

It's one of the things that I seem to do more of than modelling at the moment. Fortunately I've always been open tolearning and new ideas.

Duncan

That's torn it. Here's Bodgit :scared:  :scared: :scared:  :scared:  

Duncan

Duncan, you could be right. at least that's the image Andy portrays. However, as his layouts always seem to be highly functional and scenically excellent, I suspect that he sits and ponders long and hard before starting anything.

Jeff

Jeff

WHAT DO I DO?, Have a cuppa and then go to bed, when I wake up I have an Idea and go for it, :O  :O  hhahahaaa

Bodgit the Bodger :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

I've just glanced at the Today's top Posters.... Duncan 25, Me 22, Andy 20, Billy 18.... the next 11....

The other Forum members must wonder what the hell's going on as there's always a couple of us up at the top.

They probably think we post nothing but rubbish - which IS often true!

Jeff

Archived