Great British Locomotives

EddieB

Can I have first dibs on 47's for those that don't want their subs copies? I'm not going to be in the country on the publishing date, which somewhat limits my opportunities! Going to see if I can reserve some from the Train Angels as well. I would like a few of these!

Cheers

Shall

Can I have first dibs on 47's for those that don't want their subs copies? I'm not going to be in the country on the publishing date, which somewhat limits my opportunities! Going to see if I can reserve some from the Train Angels as well. I would like a few of these!

Cheers

Shall

Is it you I owe one to?

Hi all,Well I know it is not a GBL model, But because of this thread and seeing the amazing work you are all doing with them I started my repaints. This is the latest one i have done a H-D A4,Originally the Silver link, but now repainted and named as the Wild Swan., And the one i was most worried about messing up.

I am really pleased with the outcome. I still have a Duchess of Athol tp paint yet.

The tank engine is an old Hornby J83 decided to give a lick of paint to as well. A poor runner, but I need the practice. The track you can see is just my new test track i knocked up.

post-21711-0-29015800-1438377881_thumb.jpg

post-21711-0-96153400-1438377889_thumb.jpg

post-21711-0-86832200-1438377902_thumb.jpg

post-21711-0-96516100-1438377914_thumb.jpg

post-21711-0-80304500-1438377938_thumb.jpg

post-21711-0-36055300-1438377982_thumb.jpg

Edited by cypherman
  • Like 6

Sainsburys at Frome had a 2MT on the shelf late yesterday evening - BUT it had been in the wars a bit , the track moulding was in bits and rattling about in the packaging, although the model itself seemed OK on the side that was visible.

Smiffy2,   no, it's not Wolf27 you owe a 47 to, 'tis I.   ( for N class - check your PMs from 22 April :)  )

Edited by Theo C. Cupier
  • Like 1

Sainsburys at Frome had a 2MT on the shelf late yesterday evening - BUT it had been in the wars a bit , the track moulding was in bits and rattling about in the packaging, although the model itself seemed OK on the side that was visible.

Smiffy2,   no, it's not Wolf27 you owe a 47 to, 'tis I.   ( for N class - check your PMs from 22 April :)  )

Excellent. It had disappeared from my PMs for some reason.

Birkenhead WHS had an Ivatt 2MT yesterday when I dropped in for a "Railway Bylines".

The card backing/mag was in one of the partwork bins, the loco in another - a genuine partwork!!!  I didn't save it, I've two already!

• Like 3

Birkenhead WHS had an Ivatt 2MT yesterday when I dropped in for a "Railway Bylines".

The card backing/mag was in one of the partwork bins, the loco in another - a genuine partwork!!!  I didn't save it, I've two already!

Ah so it was a CKD Ivatt then.

I look in all my local news vendors, aint seen one of the series yet,

The joys of living in rural Lincolnshire.

Even worse in rural Devon, but you'd know that mate :)

• Like 2

Another photo less reflection...attachicon.gifimage.jpg

When I glanced at the photos, the chassis standing on its springs initially had me thinking they were wheels and you were going "outside framed"...

Then I thought "What if William Dean had survived to the end of the 1910s"?  Might the Churchward revolution have been delayed until after the war and there had been a class of outside framed 4-6-0s, a logical extension of the Atbara class, perhaps? Or a coned boiler on an outside framed, six-coupled "City" as GJC flexed his wings? After all, the GER and LNWR 4-6-0s of the period were inside cylinder efforts! Or how about a Monster outside framed Pacific???

Perhaps I should just butcher a couple of Dapol "City of Truros" and get this abberant train of thought out of my system!!!

• Like 2