Great British Locomotives

EddieB

Here is my Ivatt tank with a borrowed rear pony, I still need to get a real one as this one has to go back under my remaining mogul. This Ivatt tank will be 41315, does anyone know if it was auto fitted?

>SNIPPED

According to the listing in the GBL book, 41315 was built Crewe, 1952, and was part of the batch 41300-41319, built for the Southern Region. NOT Auto Fitted.

The 1952 batch built Derby, 1952, 41320-41329, were Auto Fitted, and had detail differences, including larger cylinders, half an inch more in diameter!

The batch built Crewe, 1951, 41260-41289, had 41270-41289 Auto Fitted.

The batch built Crewe, 1948, 41210-41229 had 41210-41220 and 41222 Auto Fitted.

(Mine is 41223, just outside the Auto Fitted batch...I may make it fitted if I get hold of the parts, or make them...then the Auto Fitted batch in My World would get extended by one more! ;)

Edited by Sarahagain

Here is the almost completed J38, converted from the GBL J39 with a 3500 gallon tender running on the latest Jinty chassis. I think the smaller wheels disguise sufficiently the incorrect wheelbase. The photos show the cab slightly askew but a bit of black plasticard between it and the chassis has corrected that and closed the gap between cab and smokebox. I still need to fit coal and then give a good waft of Modelmates weathering dyes.

I'll post a few extra photos on my thread.

On the "to do" list is a 9F to become Tyne Dock version, using the tender from the GBL BR 76xxx, and I too will convert the Ivatt to the 84xxx Standard. For some reason, I found that 84009 was at Hull Dairycoates from 1958 to 1960.

post-1659-0-54191900-1438109821_thumb.jpg

Edited by rowanj
  • Like 6

Hi all,

For all those who want more GBL models you can get them from here. Direct from the publishers.

www.amercom-hobby.com . Just click on the Locomotives link.

Some said the wanted a the Coronation class loco. Well it is the first loco on the first page.

Be warned though that the loco's on their site are a mix of 00 and N guage, So please check what scale you are buying. But all the models are there.

Cypherman

Edited by cypherman

• RMweb Premium

Hi all,

For all those who want more GBL models you can get them from here. Direct from the publishers.

www.amercom-hobby.com . Just click on the Locomotives link.

Some said the wanted a the Coronation class loco. Well it is the first loco on the first page.

Be warned though that the loco's on their site are a mix of 00 and N guage, So please check what scale you are buying. But all the models are there.

Cypherman

Its easier if you put 1:76 into the search (Not 1/76).

Just been over to Jane's Trains in Tooting (no relation) and they've got several GBL (Truro, Jinty +) in the window at £2.99 a pop. There may well be others.

Jane says give her a call if you're interested.

They've also got Ballast Magic dried glue which I'll be trying out later today.

Hi all,

I have a couple more old H-D loco's that I will be stripping and repainting,As to be honest they are a complete mess. I was considering using nitromores to strip them with. What should i use to neutralise any left over nitromores on the body shells before i start to paint them.Is soap and water ok or do I need to buy a neutralising solution.

Also what tape do you recommend for masking.I have some tape that was recommended to me by a friend, but it leaves a nasty residue behind that has to be cleaned off.

Thanks

On the subject of masking tape, Wilkinsons do a very good and relatively inexpensive low-tack version, although it only appears to be available in 1" widths, but other than that aspect I can heartily recommend. HTH

Further work on 60505 thane of Fife...its v2 cab origins can clearly be seen...the chassis is she finecast extended for the thompson loco..working out now the position of cylinders...the white areas are epoxy filler sanded down...the cab vents are plasticardpost-23587-0-90463100-1438271881.jpg

• Like 4

John back to front...not knowing whether coming or going...definitely an eastern region loco.........only joking my friend......of course here on the midland...always knew what direction we were travelling....backwards.....look forward to your reply

Looks like the lima one to me as well. That's good news glad its not the old Hornby one. Think I will try and get a few extra ones. Lots of livery variations for this one of course. As for motorising there are a few options.vitrains used to sell their chassis as a spare part. There is the lima chassis. Or there is the new Hornby tts sound fitted class 47 chassis.

Assuming it's the Lima version, I might actually get one. I am pleased she's in green, though it would appear that the light green band is to be rendered in the same sickly yellow, which they used for the 'Deltic'. One trusts that the Lima chassis is copied with the same attention to detail as the 'Western'!

• RMweb Premium

The fat Lady hasn't sung yet, but as I recall the information about the remaining subjects which Kingpin posted some while back has been spot on.

Given that he was informed the series would finish at Issue 41 with a model of Locomotion, I'd currently expect that to be the case (though the mind is still pondering what they're going to copy to produce Locomotion).

I think I'd be happy to learn there were to be further issues, but I strongly doubt it.

Regards,

John

Looks like the lima one to me as well. That's good news glad its not the old Hornby one. Think I will try and get a few extra ones. Lots of livery variations for this one of course. As for motorising there are a few options.vitrains used to sell their chassis as a spare part. There is the lima chassis. Or there is the new Hornby tts sound fitted class 47 chassis.

Assuming it's the Lima version, I might actually get one. I am pleased she's in green, though it would appear that the light green band is to be rendered in the same sickly yellow, which they used for the 'Deltic'. One trusts that the Lima chassis is copied with the same attention to detail as the 'Western'!

I wonder if that could be jammed on top of a Bachmann chassis. You can get Penbits sprung bogies for that one.....oh God, I can see this turning into yet another diesel I didn't intend to buy.....

Edited by Horsetan

Still not been told officially that's the series is ending. Has anyone had word from Amercom that this is the case?

Cheers

Shane

Yea, as I posted upthread.

email from Customer Services.

• RMweb Premium

Could I ask if anyone has a Stephenson's Rocket and coach that they would be willing to sell to me; it's actually the coach that I'm interested in.

Many thanks.