Level crossing stupidity...

Guest Half-full
45 minutes ago, melmerby said:

What a total d*ck

How the hell he walked away from that we'll never know.

Feel it for the train driver, that's a hell of a shock to get over

• RMweb Premium

If you watch the film you will see that the train only hit the bonnet of the car not the passenger compartment which remained intact. If he'd been a foot or two further over the tracks it would have been a different story.

7 hours ago, newbryford said:

Wouldn't surprise me to see if BMW use this as a "you'll still be safe in one of our cars if you decide to behave like a tw@t".....

Not quite sure BMW drivers should be called one of those.....   another use of that word is to name something which is actually useful.   

Julian

• Agree 4

We have a saying in our part of the world:- BMW - Blxxdy Moron Within....

Why do they keep proving the sayings?

It does seem in our area as though many have moved over to Audis' now though.

Dave.

• Agree 6

45 minutes ago, jf2682 said:

I don't think you can be both a d**k and a tw@t, can you?  Just thinking...

Probably not, without hormones and intricate surgery.....   but they can make for an interesting combination.....    :blush:

Julian

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
46 minutes ago, davefrk said:

Dave.

Waiting at a crossing at the local retail park yesterday and two Audis went straight through, no intention of stopping/not even aware of us, and a third had to slam the brakes on to stop in time. They were 3 consecutive cars going in the same  direction.

Audis used to be for those who would like a BMW but were decent drivers - I think they've now been infiltrated by former BMW drivers who didn't want folk to think they're an @rse :)

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, jf2682 said:

I don't know if the driver was actually trying to beat the train, he may just not have seen the signals.

Or not able to see out the blacked out windows.....................

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

Guest Half-full
5 hours ago, davefrk said:

We have a saying in our part of the world:- BMW - Blxxdy Moron Within....

Why do they keep proving the sayings?

Dave.

Another Useless Driver Inside....

Guest Half-full
4 hours ago, keefer said:

Audis used to be for those who would like a BMW but were decent drivers - I think they've now been infiltrated by former BMW drivers who didn't want folk to think they're an @rse :)

Doesnt work!!!

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Sadly some were hurt but it appears none fatal.  

https://finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/18-hurt-train-ploughs-lorry-poland-172824246.html

That's a further incident in Poland.

The train in the linked news report is a different one to the one in the video. The news report has a photo of a damaged multiple unit; the video shows a locomotive with dark blue cab roofs hauling regular carriages.

• Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, kevinlms said:

A few seconds and he would have got away with it. Like the previous occasions?

Is it possible the road is icy?

To me the truck appears to be trying to stop and at the  last minute swerves to it's left, clipping the barrier before continuing over the crossing.

If so, the driver may have realised he was going to come to a stop on the track and decided it was better to try and get across.

Still stupid driving, he should have been driving to the conditions.

• Agree 5

Looking at the windscreen reflections, and the clarity and length of the shadows...and the obvious failure to control speed-on-approach, further back...I'd say the driver was 'blinded' by low winter sun?  Thus failed to spot the barrier being down, from further back down the road?

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, alastairq said:

Looking at the windscreen reflections, and the clarity and length of the shadows...and the obvious failure to control speed-on-approach, further back...I'd say the driver was 'blinded' by low winter sun?  Thus failed to spot the barrier being down, from further back down the road?

Still stupid driving, he should have been driving to the conditions.

• Agree 11

The latest "Go Compare" advert on TV annoys me. Driver rounding a bend far to fast and hitting (or nearly) an animal. But his NCB is protected! He should be driving at a slower speed for the conditions, able to take avoiding action on meeting a hazard. No way will I insure with them!

Stewart

• Like 2
  • Agree 3