Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

Hi

Your more than welcome to post here. As i have said before, it it is when AV is going through one of its interactive periods, i enjoy it the most.

If someone has got something to say, then we are always happy to hear it, on any subject. Not much is off topic here.

Great pictures, and great to chat with you yesterday.

Edited by Kal
  • Like 2

More pictures are coming, but I would like to say that in addition to meeting those people we expected to I had the pleasure of meeting some unexpected people. 

Nest / Nestor and Windhawk were unexpected. Lovely to see youngsters....And I see Nestor out and about on the threads I visit including his own so that was a nice surprise.

And I met some who I do not see so often, but who were very nice...and I shall make the effort to say hi to in the future.

LondonTram was one of these along with his son DelticChris. 

• Like 2

An O gauge. I have a tendancy (apologies) to think O gauge should be highly detailed...the size allows for it. But to be fair the locos cost big time. So then paying trough the nose for all the scenics and the size to accommodate this....is a massive investment  :O

But despite this you do see ones that have gone the extra mile....

FOURGIG EAST

med_gallery_17883_3195_217118.jpgrmweb2903show108

no shortage of detailing here

med_gallery_17883_3195_244483.jpg

med_gallery_17883_3195_505464.jpg

you can just see the pit...

med_gallery_17883_3195_89104.jpg

so not being backward......I asked if I could come in front of the barrier to photograph.....

the nervous looking exhibitor looked....and asked yes but could i be really careful......

considering i had a large handbag to carry all my normal stuff and my iPad....plus was now also carrying a couple of shopping bags with bulging items......I couldn't see his point....

but thankfully he was willing to take the chance.....and this was the result

med_gallery_17883_3195_437324.jpg

now I got a much better view than this because i could put my head in....but because I was careful to not hammer the layout with all my paraphernalia you just getting a tittilating glimpse :angel:

Fourgig east has a blog her on rmweb, but i can't seem to find how to link to it....so i link to it's owner

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/user/6717-redgatemodels/

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 13

Jaz, Many thanks for all the very good photos of great layouts! Much appreciated by the likes of me many miles away.......

Cliff Hanger - It’s very difficult to get the scale of this unusual piece. How big is it and to what scale?

Thanks again, Pete.

Edited by trisonic

Cliffhanger is 16' long and 6' high.  A most imposing bit of modelling!

First time I saw Earls Court was at Railex this year when sadly TSC misbehaved horribly and despite having lived the first seven years of his life within spitting distance of the site (we used to walk round one of the crescents where the model is set to go for our Sunday swim) had very little interest.  Not being distracted by rotten infants I was delighted to have a proper chat with Terry who built it.  I can't believe I missed the road works!  This layout has informed my forthcoming project while I save up for a shed.

Fourgig also brought back memories as we once stayed in the camping coaches at Tenby.  Just wish I had read the show guide while there as the roof comes off the coach - I would have loved to have seen inside properly, but then I'm not as bold as Jaz at asking to get up close and personal with the layouts ;)

While every layout on show had something of interest, and I found it funny that King's Oak (which has resonance as I lived in the West Midlands for a while) is allegedly only a quickly-knocked-together piece, it was Vale of Oxbury which kept bringing me back.  I'm not an N gauge man, but this was great with its full-length trains and a very friendly operator.  Again I wish I had studied the programme as various buildings are based on ones near my childhood home.

Finally my giggle of the day came when two operators on one layout had a bit of a tiff which made them come over all OCD.  I didn't have the heart to tell them the no smoking signs on one of their coaches ere in the wrong place ;)

Edited by C&WR
  • Like 2

Jax, Many thanks for all the very good photos of great layouts! Much appreciated by the likes of me many miles away.......

Cliff Hanger - It’s very difficult to get the scale of this unusual piece. How big is it and to what scale?

Thanks again, Pete.

Cliffhanger is 16' long and 6' high.  A most imposing bit of modelling!

First time I saw Earls Court was at Railex this year when sadly TSC misbehaved horribly and despite having lived the first seven years of his life within spitting distance of the site (we used to walk round one of the crescents where the model is set to go for our Sunday swim) had very little interest.  Not being distracted by rotten infants I was delighted to have a proper chat with Terry who built it.  I can't believe I missed the road works!  This layout has informed my forthcoming project while I save up for a shed.

Fourgig also brought back memories as we once stayed in the camping coaches at Tenby.  Just wish I had read the show guide while there as the roof comes off the coach - I would have loved to have seen inside properly, but then I'm not as bold as Jaz at asking to get up close and personal with the layouts ;)

While every layout on show had something of interest, and I found it funny that King's Oak (which has resonance as I lived in the West Midlands for a while) is allegedly only a quickly-knocked-together piece, it was Vale of Oxbury which kept bringing me back.  I'm not an N gauge man, but this was great with its full-length trains and a very friendly operator.  Again I wish I had studied the programme as various buildings are based on ones near my childhood home.

Finally my giggle of the day came when two operators on one layout had a bit of a tiff which made them come over all OCD.  I didn't have the heart to tell them the no smoking signs on one of their coaches ere in the wrong place ;)

The size as C&WR says is I believe correct,(oops just saw his amendment 16x5.... it is 00 gauge. The Russian gentleman who built it is missing a leg and in a wheelchair, so some serious stretching to get it all in. I have pictures of some of his other work. I'll link to it when I can find it LOL.

Edited by Jaz

Cool....

Reminds me to say as a General Point to note... :)

If we do not identify someone in a picture, it is intentional. We don't presume that somebody wants to be identified unless they have said ok previously, and leave it to them to shout out if they are happy to put their name to a face.

So if you guys n gals see yourself and are happy to identify yourself in pictures please do.

If we capture somebody in a picture and they wish to be obscured, we are happy to do that to.

The thread is as much a about those that join us here as anything we put up, don't be shy if you have something to say.

• Like 3

on first look this one was one of the smaller layouts, but the bridge is well worth a close up

The gentleman here was really nice, I explained my camera can't cope with moving train so he kindly stopped it for me to get the snaps.

I just love the colouring of the water.

Lovely to meet you too Jaz, I have to say your ipad makes a very good job of the close ups! The colours in the water are more a 'happy accident' after several 'pours' of different simulated mixtures, but after all the trials and tribulations it does look nice and natural.. all part of the fun...

Would you mind if I borrowed one of your pictures to use in my blog? I was too busy to take any myself!

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Jaz,

Thanks for the photos, there is some good modelling there.

Man scratching head.  I would think made by Aiden Campbell as I think there are some others of his there.  Am I right?  I will check his site in a couple of days when I return from work.

• Like 1

Hi Kal & Jaz

Busy with the camera I see..., like me I take a fair few when I go to the shows, all for idea's to use on your own layout.

Thanks for sharing those with us all and glad to hear of the banter while at the shows with ones you get to meet often.

Jamie  

• Like 1