Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

Avast there    ............    just heave-too a few moments and back the main sheet    ........    

Weevils? - Weevils?    .........................      Shiver me timbers      .........................   Luxury     ...   pure luxury   ..................    :stinker:  :stinker:

Cruelty?  ....    Cruelty?   ....................   that means LIVE Weevils   ..........................   Protein plus sport and entertainment watching the Weevils wriggle, followed by crunch and squelch   .............        

...    by gum things 'ain't 'alf got cushy since the awd days   ......      :butcher:

Edit - Just off to cook tea now  .......     :jester:  :jester:

Edited by jcredfer
  • Like 1

I cant get that tune out of my head now...! Wild Rover

Hi Jaz

Great Mesh baskets you have made, the last photo looks the dogs bol###s... that nice rust effect looks brilliant

Good work...

Back to singing Wild Rover again...

Jamie

Edited by 7APT7
  • Like 1

When David Todd was visiting us he had his fish eye lens cam wagon with him, and a few test were done by Kal

These are a few of the results. He was hampered by the fact these were done late evening so under fluorescent lights.

med_gallery_17883_2760_28698.jpgrmweb2908brassetching22

med_gallery_17883_2760_116040.jpg

med_gallery_17883_2760_28966.jpg

These were part of the experiment to see how well the locos run on the tracks.

med_gallery_17883_2760_44306.jpg

med_gallery_17883_2760_60149.jpg

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 10

And a quick test on the layout

med_gallery_17883_3113_326141.jpgrmweb2972brassetching14

med_gallery_17883_3113_483711.jpgrmweb2937brassetching15

med_gallery_17883_3113_56367.jpgrmweb2947brassetching16

I was wondering what those etched brass do-da's were that You and Kal were making. Now I see.....quite common by the railway...brilliant addition ...the rust brings them alive. Top stuff..!

Dave

• Like 3

I had some other brass etchings already coloured....so popped them out on the layout as well. I have also had a bit of a eureka moment on the figures. but first the etchings.

The bin to the left on the lamppost

The wire bin to the right of the seating area

Both are made from the purchases collected at Wrecrail early September.

med_gallery_17883_2760_78913.jpgrmweb2986brassetchings27

up until now I have had the figures shaking hands because they had nothing to interact with...now we have some movement / action going on

med_gallery_17883_2760_425103.jpg

Pete Harvey / PH Designs in the back ground. The BRUTE trolley in the foreground is form another supplier...given to us by David Todd.

med_gallery_17883_2760_395877.jpg

it's use here is primarily to stop you looking at the horrible track which needs some weathering :jester:

and conveniently puts the figures far enough away to look credible

• Like 6

more of the same showing the new brass etching bins now in position

med_gallery_17883_2760_143337.jpgrmweb2988brassetching30

getting the horizontal eye level low down makes the pictures much more natural

med_gallery_17883_2760_167547.jpgrmweb2989brassetching31

unless you are long sighted being blurry up close is not likely but it helps make the picture more believable for all that

med_gallery_17883_2760_109257.jpgrmweb2990brassetching32

• Like 10

figures bought in ready painted

med_gallery_17883_3112_238537.jpgrmweb2992figure1

recoloured and weathered

Blondes are NOT yellow....especially this one she's now auburn, the folds in the skirt got some shadows,

as did under skirts, under arms, and a little on the rest, including faces.

Both guys get shadows, and some latex on their heads to give them something other than a ended dome, and grey hair.....

and one gets a sainsbury bag ready to throw in the bin (an off cut of a real sainsburys bag)

The black hair was just too much for the other woman, and that suit!!! Just awful black, blue or navy much more for a days work in the city. And I gave her beige hair which is much more blonde like.

med_gallery_17883_3112_100079.jpg

Tomorrow I'll pop them back up and photograph them on the layout.

• Like 2

Morning Jazz,

Apologies if you find a load of ratings from me, relating to young Will(hornbyandbf3fan). I've just discovered his thread from a post he made on Mie's 'Dent Station' thread, and followed through it this morning. I was really touched and moved by the way you advised and supported one so young! What an impressive young man, I hope he goes on to enjoy the hobby for many years to come!

Kind regards,

Jock.

• Like 1

The figures can't take advantage of a soft morning or a late dusk light yet. But still...

med_gallery_17883_3112_210120.jpgrmweb2995figure3

the weathering with opaque browns has killed the reflective properties of the original paint job....which is better anyway in my opinion.

I like the movement with the old shopping bag going into the bin. 

And I blurred the lines on the newspaper which i thought were a bit stark

The lady in black now has a large designer handbag.Probably carrying her power heels for once she is in the office!!!!!

And having dressed her in black, I lightened her hair to a softer beige / blonde.

Am fairly pleased with the overall results.

• Like 2

The figures can't take advantage of a soft morning or a late dusk light yet. But still...

med_gallery_17883_3112_210120.jpgrmweb2995figure3

the weathering with opaque browns has killed the reflective properties of the original paint job....which is better anyway in my opinion.

I like the movement with the old shopping bag going into the bin. 

And I blurred the lines on the newspaper which i thought were a bit stark

The lady in black now has a large designer handbag.Probably carrying her power heels for once she is in the office!!!!!

And having dressed her in black, I lightened her hair to a softer beige / blonde.

Am fairly pleased with the overall results.

Should she not be wearing her................Platform shoe's ?........................ :drag: 

• Like 1