Anyone Know Anyone at Coopercraft?

M.I.B

• RMweb Premium

Before the rumours abound, this isn't one of those "no reply after 10 minutes so they must be bankrupt" type emails.

I have IT issues here even on the best of days, and even "sent" hotmail doesn't always arrive.

I need to contact Coopercraft.  I have emailed the contact address on the website and had no reply for over a week.

If anyone knows anyone from Coopercraft, please can you ask them to private message me via this board/forum.

Thanks.

I have found email communication with kitsfromsmerset (Coopercraft) to be somewhat hit and miss at the best of times, even a phone call may take a few attempts to get an answer.

SS

I too have never had any reply to any email sent to Coopercraft, so probably a waste of time sending them.

Keep trying with the phone calls you will eventually get through, and you may get a result but often not at the first time of asking.

Also see...............

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/64943-coopercraft/

I rang him earlier this week about a recent order for Lima siphon detailing kit,and he answered straight away,he has been swamped with requests for these kits,and was catching up on back orders,

So there is someone at the end of the line.......

• RMweb Premium

I have found email communication with kitsfromsmerset (Coopercraft) to be somewhat hit and miss at the best of times, even a phone call may take a few attempts to get an answer.

SS

Thanks for the tip.

• RMweb Premium

Probably best to hunt him down at a show.....

No shows around here.  I think the Taliban wouldn't approve.  :keeporder:

I rang him earlier this week about a recent order,

So there is someone at the end of the line.......

I have no access to a phone. It's a blessing most of the time.

If anyone does speak to him, please can you ask him to look at his RMWeb PMs and emails too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Well I placed an order from Australia on 10 July 2013, it is still sitting pending postage charge confirmation. Unfortunately by the time I saw this I had already paid the amount showing. Now its 11 August 2013 and there is still no change to the status of the order. Calling by phone is impractical (no land line connection here) and several emails have now gone unanswered. Now I can understand actually posting an item and having it arrive here may take awhile but there is no sign that the order has even been looked at since it was placed.

Yes this is a bit of a rant.

• RMweb Premium

He is at RailWells show this weekend.

Gordon A

Bristol

I'll pop over - I have missed the direct Dubai flight, but there is usually one to Herat later in the day, then Dubai.  If there is a spare seat on the Emirates flight I might be in Heathrow by breakfast on Monday..............

Alternatively an email is cheap, fast, unobtrusive, polite and effective...............................

• 2 weeks later...

Just sent off another email regarding my order. It is not practicable for me to try to telephone and their are no flights of any type from Forest Hill where I live.

If I do not receive a response this time (and if anyone can contact him) they can tell him that I will be cancelling the order, will require a refund and will not place any more orders with this business.

Now very miffed!

As an aside if I can assume that anything from Coopercraft Mail Order is effectively not available in Aus are their any other sources of GWR Clerestory and early Toplight coach kits? I'd also like some sides from 247 for my Hornby Clerestories but that seems a bit difficult to arrange as well.

• RMweb Premium

As an aside if I can assume that anything from Coopercraft Mail Order is effectively not available in Aus are their any other sources of GWR Clerestory and early Toplight coach kits? I'd also like some sides from 247 for my Hornby Clerestories but that seems a bit difficult to arrange as well.

On the email front 247 are as elusive as kits from somerset, I asked him at a show about some clerestories and he said send him an email, I sent about ten and gave up this was about 3 years ago.

SS

One thing that always amazes me is that we always assume a collection of bytes called an email are sent along with millions of others every day on the assumption that they actually arrive in a box of components at the other end. A box that miraculously has to be switched on and interpreting those bytes in some human readable form in front of a human that is present and able.

Member - Kits from Somerset - was last active on this site 12 days ago, so may, or more likely, may not have seen this topic. New topics are easy to miss (I missed it until now) and not all members log on to pick up their PMs (another system that is somewhat unreliable especially if you do not log in, but even sometimes if you do as new messages sometimes need to be "expected" and actively pursued)

We all seem to desire instant communication but it is a desire that sometimes is unfair on others.

Same excuses they are in business and therefore can be reasonably be expected to provide a kind of customer service. Agreed they are mainly one man bands but that excuse can be stretchedtoooooo far more than is reasonable.

In this case if he was on here 12 days ago surely you check your own posts !!

In this case if he was on here 12 days ago surely you check your own posts !!

Not necessarily so. I was away from RMWeb for a period of 6 weeks, unable to log on regular communication with members was lost. On my return the first thing I did was answer PM's along with direct email coms. Much seemed missing from PMs they don't get all seem to get through and the email notification has always been flakey. I know they don't all get through when I receive a second PM referring to one previously sent that has never arrived. As for topics followed this is really hit and miss. I am still catching up with some of the followed topics and trying to stay up to date with new ones (a few of them do not seem to be sending notifications of new posts even though I have posted on them). We have discussed this before that junk filters are responsible for removing much email identified as spam this can be particularly true of multiple emails sent from a previous unknown source and possibly of the beaten track domains.

If you are a small business (one man) you cannot be expected to be on call 365/24/7 especially if you have other demands on like - family/sleep/holidays/illness/red tape/suppliers/... You may have a full order book and although you may wish to give customer service answering emails takes time from actually profitable business. I hate to say it but sometimes (potential) customers are simply a nuisance - you may already have enough customers to keep happy (maybe just from sales at shows or through other retail outlets.

As I understand it Coopercraft kits were "rescued" not long ago by the current owner adding volume (perhaps too much) to a small business. Give the guy chance to come up for air.

Archived