Lidl display cabinets now on sale

Both large and small display cabinets will be available at Lidl from Thursday 18th December again this year according to their latest brochure.  The price doesn't appear to have risen - still 2 large ones for £100.

Looks like an early morning rise for me on Thursday now I have my log cabin ordered.

Some stores put out offers early, York for example last Sunday morning had Mondays offers on sale. Other stores have had their special buy sections reduced significantly so stocks may be limited. They sold some folding picnic tables in the summer, Knaresborough only had one left on the Wednesday evening before the Thursday they were meant to go on sale.

Typical!  The Whitehaven store didn't have them in last year when they were available in many other stores.  This time I have no chance as the Whitehaven store has closed!  Nearest store is now Wigton (40 miles away) and I don't intend going there just in case they have them. 

• RMweb Premium

This time I have no chance as the Whitehaven store has closed!

I was going to comment on that being unusual but they also closed a small Derby store when they opened a bigger one a couple of miles away - then Aldi bought the empty building and extended it, plus opening near the new Lidl and another on the other side of town so we have plenty of choice for Aldi specials !

I was going to comment on that being unusual but they also closed a small Derby store when they opened a bigger one a couple of miles away - then Aldi bought the empty building and extended it, plus opening near the new Lidl and another on the other side of town so we have plenty of choice for Aldi specials !

They did say that they were planning to build a bigger one when it closed, but just not in West Cumbria!  To be honest, I was surprised that it lasted as long as it did in Whitehaven, as it never seemed busy at all.

They did say that they were planning to build a bigger one when it closed, but just not in West Cumbria!  To be honest, I was surprised that it lasted as long as it did in Whitehaven, as it never seemed busy at all.

The plan is to build the biggest Lidl in the UK at Maryport.....

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/lidl-wants-to-build-its-largest-uk-store-in-west-cumbria-1.1150847

How Maryport qualifies for such recognition is beyond me maybe they are going to re-introduce the Workington - Maryport shuttles with DRS 37's?

Steve

• Like 1

A Lidl store failing! They seem to be increasing the number of tills in the ones near me in order to cope, the smallish Knaresborough store now has 7 although it has resulted in the special buys area now being a quarter of what of you would expect to find.

Re will they be stocked - if you pick your local store on Lidls web site it will show the special buys that will be available. Just a question of how quickly they sell out. The availability does work as they recently sold a sports camera, there were two different versions depending where in the country you were and the web site showed the correct version for the store chosen.

Edited by Butler Henderson

Just watch out if buying, the big ones are pretty heavy! Best if you have two guys to lift it

Yes they are VERY heavy i bought two last year.

If anyone is interested and put off by worry of mounting to modern plasterboard walls them i have successfully mounted two of them to the same section of plasterboard wall using only the plastic self drill plasterboard fixings but with slightly fatter screws & drilling double the amount of holes (8 instead of 4).

They have been up for 11 months now with no problems.

Very good value must now convince SWMBO that i need smaller ones for around the house!!!

Dave

One large and several small cases remained at Eastleigh this afternoon. I hefted the big one a couple of times before walking away.......

It really is a nice and solid piece of kit.

I was so tempted, but I reckon all the GBL models wouldn't fit in anyway.

And most importantly, I would have been in so much trouble if I'd brought it home on Christmas Eve! :nono: