Railroad Crosti 9F

Unknown Warrior

• RMweb Gold

Anyone suspect another Exeter saga just round the corner.?????

I have one on pre order, and are a little disappointed that Hornby see fit to start selling the item themselves, but not shipping to their major retailers at the same time.

Echoes my growing suspicion of a familiar pattern of either a shortfall in supplies or another shift in marketing strategy.Curious that a shipment was sent to Australia a few weeks ago and now appears in penny numbers.....perhaps....for direct sell in the UK.We don't know......and this lack of knowledge fuels suspicion which could be unnecessary.Lack of transparency causes familiar exasperation for retailers and their customers and does a newly revitalised Hornby no favours either.If there are supply difficulties,then be open about it ,tell people and credibility will be restored.Otherwise,it's another case of.........."Been here before,haven't we?"

Anyone suspect another Exeter saga just round the corner.?????

OH MY GOOD LORD!!!

Another one with the stupid Exeter comparisons....Seriously grow up. Not every model out of Hornby is going to end up like Exeter. Have you ever heard of something called time? Yes it takes time to reach a shop! 

OH MY GOOD LORD!!!

Another one with the stupid Exeter comparisons....Seriously grow up. Not every model out of Hornby is going to end up like Exeter. Have you ever heard of something called time? Yes it takes time to reach a shop! 

It may take time yes and I believe they are being fulfilled to retailers at the moment but I also understand that there are some retailers not receiving the quantities they ordered. If they ordered them and if there's any in a tin shed in Kent (allocated for web sales) they ought to receive them (if you don't want to annoy retailers).

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

OH MY GOOD LORD!!!

If members and  retailers ....some can claim to be both.....had not had recent and painful direct experience of Hornby's supply chain,they would not be posting here.They are all grown up and they are not stupid and do not deserve an ill-mannered retort.

• RMweb Premium

This is my "new" factory of choice, based on the post Sanda Kan models I've bought so far. Better put together and no bend frames.

Wow - who'd have ever thought we'd get 'factories of choice'? ☺️

• RMweb Gold

Has anyone out there received the Late BR version ?????

Funnily enough, it's just been handed to me by a Courier... splendid service from Hornby Direct yet again.

(Apologies for the picture quality - they were taken rather quickly)

post-7000-0-91075300-1440150542_thumb.jpg

post-7000-0-27648400-1440150559_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

Funnily enough, it's just been handed to me by a Courier... splendid service from Hornby Direct yet again.

(Apologies for the picture quality - they were taken rather quickly)

attachicon.gif92023_cu.jpg

attachicon.gif92023_rh.jpg

That is a stunning model for a Railroad product. Thank you for the update and pictures......

Edited by Black 5 Bear

• RMweb Gold

Wow - who'd have ever thought we'd get 'factories of choice'? ☺️

Ah, but it's Hornby's choice - not ours.  So if you want a particular loco, coach or whatever it comes from the factory they have chosen (unless they happen to be buying the same thing from two different factories of course).

• RMweb Gold

As I've said before, renumber it to '021, remove the extra handrail next to the forward chimney and you have a fine model. '023 had a different deflector.

That will be being done, she's just a little way down the queue ;)

Edited by toboldlygo

• RMweb Gold

Frist railroad model I've ever bought and it has sprung buffers, glass im the cab windows. What a super model

The new tender is interesting in its much simpler design. That must save in the production cost?

Do I need to remove the hand rail next on tpp of the smoke box even on the early version?

I have to say well done Hornby!

Now if you don't mind am off to play with my new crosti

• RMweb Gold

Cheers that should not take much effort to put right. . Turns out they are made of plastic and you can just slice them of which just leaves two little dots to blend back in. Apart from that still a splendid model and have even put the right shed plats on for me.

Lovely photo cheers

Edited by farren

• RMweb Gold

Well I am impressed with the Crosti, it runs smoothly and nothing has fallen off (always a good thing).

I had the keeper plate off and can confirm she has brass bearings and I've done away with the spare hand rail..

post-7000-0-91721500-1440175149_thumb.jpg

post-7000-0-09171900-1440175169_thumb.jpg

post-7000-0-14207100-1440175189_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

This looks to be a terrific model of an unusual prototype I never expected to see available in RTR. Despite being a Railroad model the level of detail looks good and more than acceptable. Although it is pricey for a Railroad model I'm guessing it'd be well North of £150 if they'd gone the extra mile to tool it as a full fat model. The only slight disappointment is the front footsteps which should be relatively straightforward to modify for those who do not like it, other than that it is a very fine model, well done Hornby.

• RMweb Gold

Aren't the pony truck flanges somewhat more overscale than usual? They seem very prominent.

They are like pizza cutters, however they haven't had any issues with point-work on my layout. I will swap them out with a spare set from a Hornby 4MT as they are the same size.

OH MY GOOD LORD!!!

Thanks for your reply........I note you have only been a member of RMweb for a month or so,  We try not to call each other "stupid" in our community, and don't tell each other to "grow up".  However, you are new to RMweb, so leave it there and move on.

Bob

• Like 1

Looks the fantastic model, i would like one just to weather it, with all that pipe work would show up so much better with a good layer of grim.

Hornby have done a good job on this loco, are the wheels fine scale?.

• Like 1