Railroad Crosti 9F

Unknown Warrior

Thanks for your reply........I note you have only been a member of RMweb for a month or so,  We try not to call each other "stupid" in our community, and don't tell each other to "grow up".  However, you are new to RMweb, so leave it there and move on.

Bob

Haha....

Just to explain a bit to you - I didn't call you stupid. If you actually read I said it was a stupid comparison. And yes people who go on and on assuming everything to be a "EXETER SITUATION" need to grow up a bit. If it is an Exeter situation then how does it bother you? Hornby are doing a re-run of Exeter so if this (as you assumed) turns out to be an Exeter situation then we'll get a re-run.

I may be new to this forum and the hobby but that doesn't mean I don't know things.

It's quite frankly stupid that when ever there is a delay in deliveries that people immediately look at it and assume "Exeter".

The problem with posts like yours is that many see the need to pile on and start off another discussion. Thank God this time we've had people post some lovely pics of their model and has managed to keep the topic on track.

It's frustrating when you come to a forum and when you read a topic about "XXXXX" and keep on seeing posts about "Exter" in it. 

There is no connection whatsoever.

Haha....

Just to explain a bit to you - I didn't call you stupid. If you actually read I said it was a stupid comparison. And yes people who go on and on assuming everything to be a "EXETER SITUATION" need to grow up a bit. If it is an Exeter situation then how does it bother you? Hornby are doing a re-run of Exeter so if this (as you assumed) turns out to be an Exeter situation then we'll get a re-run.

I may be new to this forum and the hobby but that doesn't mean I don't know things.

It's quite frankly stupid that when ever there is a delay in deliveries that people immediately look at it and assume "Exeter".

The problem with posts like yours is that many see the need to pile on and start off another discussion. Thank God this time we've had people post some lovely pics of their model and has managed to keep the topic on track.

It's frustrating when you come to a forum and when you read a topic about "XXXXX" and keep on seeing posts about "Exter" in it. 

Troll alert !!  Troll alert !!

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Haha....

Several users have reported your post. This is a final warning to keep away from contentious behaviour. Now I know you're someone who left in a huff and has come back under the radar; I'd hoped you'd behave better and not be so judgemental or narrow-minded about others.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Has anyone got there's from a model shop yet? Are all from Hornby direct?

I happened to be in one today, when someone came into enquire if they had the new Crosti. They said they'd had acknowledgement from Hornby that the stock was in warehouse and that they were expecting their delivery in 7 to 10 days . They also said they had tried to order more as their entire stock was already accounted for by pre orders , but that it was sold out at Hornby.

Only hearsay, but I hope it helps. Hopefully someone like Trains4U, Widnes Model Centre or 87029 can confirm.

Edited by Legend

Due to a lack of trade information, their new computer system means that for the time being, we do not have the information to which we traders have relied on so much in the past.

We know they have arrived at Hornby, but we have not had ours yet. We would expect them to arrive next week so that Hornby get them on to our August monthly account.

I too have tried to order more, but await confirmation that the order has been accepted, or rejected.

Sorry I can't been any more specific, but we retailers simply do not have the relevant information made available to us any more.

Due to a lack of trade information, their new computer system means that for the time being, we do not have the information to which we traders have relied on so much in the past.

We know they have arrived at Hornby, but we have not had ours yet. We would expect them to arrive next week so that Hornby get them on to our August monthly account.

I too have tried to order more, but await confirmation that the order has been accepted, or rejected.

Sorry I can't been any more specific, but we retailers simply do not have the relevant information made available to us any more.

Hear, hear like you we have no idea when ours will arrive.  What's worse it seems some shops are getting supplies as usual and others not.  The new software and distribution system has fallen over big time as even in stock items like paint and glue ordered 6 weeks ago still haven't been delivered.  Let's hope this mess is sorted out well before Christmas.

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Hear, hear like you we have no idea when ours will arrive.  What's worse it seems some shops are getting supplies as usual and others not.  The new software and distribution system has fallen over big time as even in stock items like paint and glue ordered 6 weeks ago still haven't been delivered.  Let's hope this mess is sorted out well before Christmas.

Dave

Well then ,which shops might they be because the silence is deafening on this forum for sure ? Sydney,Melbourne...Adelaide ?
  • Like 1

Well they've got as far Perth. - West Australia not Scotland but which is still closer to the UK than Melbourne !

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hornby-OO-GAUGE-BR-CLASS-9F-CROSTI-BOILER-HRR3274-/221843817613?hash=item33a6ec048d

The good news is the further West they go, the Cheaper they seem to be getting !!! By the time they hit the UK shops they'll be as cheap as chips.

(Written tongue in cheek, please don't throw rocks at me !)

Edited by The Blue Streak
  • Like 1

They are like pizza cutters, however they haven't had any issues with point-work on my layout. I will swap them out with a spare set from a Hornby 4MT as they are the same size.

Will that change the running characteristics of the loco? Having a finescale flange on sharper curves may cause it to jump off? I think the L1 had a problem like that. But I'm not sure if the mounting mechanism for the leading bogie is the same.

An update re-deliveries, according to locoshed MCR Models Manchester, the Crosti's have been held up by QC checks at Hornby in the UK and were expected to arrive today or there abouts.

I have no problem if they are doing this to minimise returns.

Edited by Black 5 Bear

• RMweb Gold

An update re-deliveries, according to MCR Models Manchester, the Crosti's have been held up by QC checks at Hornby in the UK and were expected to arrive today or there abouts. 

I have no problem if they are doing this to minimise returns.

So presumably every sample sent by Hornby Direct from Canterbury has similarly undergone a health check and been road tested ? James has reported no bits fell off his at any rate.Collective intake of breath being held.......

Will that change the running characteristics of the loco? Having a finescale flange on sharper curves may cause it to jump off? I think the L1 had a problem like that. But I'm not sure if the mounting mechanism for the leading bogie is the same.

The L1 had the totally unnecessary camming pony truck, with a tendency to remain thrown over after exiting curves. Happily Hornby seem to have moved away from this ill-conceived device in their most recent introductions.

The 9F has always had the much preferable single pivot plus spring which tracks very nicely. This does not grant immunity from problems, especially on set track points in combination with a relatively fine scale wheelset. As ever it will be 'suck it and see' on the layout to find out exactly what will work reliably.

An update re-deliveries, according to MCR Models Manchester, the Crosti's have been held up by QC checks at Hornby in the UK and were expected to arrive today or there abouts. 

So presumably every sample sent by Hornby Direct from Canterbury has similarly undergone a health check and been road tested ?

Depends entirely on what checks are being done. QC checks doesn't necessarily mean every one is removed from its packaging and test run. Personally, I'd be surprised if that was happening, unless they thought they had a particular issue and didn't want to reject the whole batch.

Edited by knapper

• RMweb Gold

Depends entirely on what checks are being done. QC checks doesn't necessarily mean every one is removed from its packaging and test run. Personally, I'd be surprised if that was happening, unless they thought they had a particular issue and didn't want to reject the whole batch.

Yes but the issue..if one such exists....has not delayed their own direct sales now has it ? Or are these a different batch entirely ?

There have been problems in the not-too-distant past with ,for instance,The Duke of Gloucester and Cock of The North when whole batches were returned.I had problems with both my samples of these.I hope history doesn't repeat itself.

Edited by Ian Hargrave

Yes but the issue..if one such exists....has not delayed their own direct sales now has it ?

We don't really know. It's entirely possible the same checks were carried out on the ones for direct sale, before moving onto the rest? It could be that or they are focusing on reducing returns to retailers, while they are prepared to deal with a higher rate of returns direct? The point is that a full test on each model is not something Hornby would want to do without a very good reason, and so probably aren't.  

• RMweb Gold

We don't really know. It's entirely possible the same checks were carried out on the ones for direct sale, before moving onto the rest? It could be that or they are focusing on reducing returns to retailers, while they are prepared to deal with a higher rate of returns direct? The point is that a full test on each model is not something Hornby would want to do without a very good reason, and so probably aren't.  

Well to date none are reported on this forum and boy are we good at crying wolf if something is wrong.Incidentally why is it not possible to test before sending ? There are retailers who do exactly that. Patterns of distribution for this particular release,given Hornby's past record ,are not the usual.We have the somewhat bizarre situation of it being released in Australia weeks ago.Any reported issues from down under ?

Well to date none are reported on this forum and boy are we good at crying wolf if something is wrong.Incidentally why is it not possible to test before sending ? There are retailers who do exactly that. Patterns of distribution for this particular release,given Hornby's past record ,are not the usual.We have the somewhat bizarre situation of it being released in Australia weeks ago.Any reported issues from down under ?

Agreed Ian, Hereford Model Centre for one perform this function, I personally have never had a faulty item supplied by them and their customer service is very good. I don't think for one minute there is anything wrong with the Crosti, at least Hornby are being pre-emptive and upping their game in the QC area. This as we're all aware has been lacking in the past. A pat on the back for Hornby I think.

.Incidentally why is it not possible to test before sending ?

I didn't say it wasn't possible, just unlikely. Why? cost, simple as that. Taking maybe a thousand+ plus locos out of the standard distribution system, which wasn't designed for it, testing them and them putting them back in is not the same as a retailer when he takes one locomotive off the shelf to pack it for an individual customer. Is it possible each locomotive is being tested? Yes, but you've jumped to that conclusion based on one person posting third hand about what one retailer told them, and the fact deliveries to retailers appear to have been delayed. One retailer has already mentioned that even standard items appear to be being held up at the moment. My main point is that you seem to have leapt to the conclusion all locomotives are being individually tested on next to nothing.