Dapol silver bullets

(The) Youth

• RMweb Gold

The picture was shown in the new Dapol catalogue linked to off the Dapol releases thread, the catalogue also showed the large modern open wagons Dapol have been working on and the CAD shots of the class22

The photo shown in the catalogue was of the N gauge model (couplings were rather obvious.)

Good to see photos of the 4mm model, looks like its going to be pretty good. Really looking forward to these.

I'm planning on having 2 or 3 in my speedlink services to Caolisport.

Corpach used to take 2/3 on speedlink services. Workington Docks still takes a similar number these days.

Ideal wagon run them singular or as a block of 15 with a pair of Rfd tractors on. NICE

cheerio

Claggy

• RMweb Gold

What size is a 'typical rake' of silver bullets, and what's the shortest train of them I could probably get away with running?

Would they be a 'block train' or might you get, say, 5 in a speedlink service?

Well they ran from Quidhampton to Eastleigh yard with anywhere from 2 or more although 4 to 8 was typical in the later years. They were then forwarded in the speedlink or enterprise trains.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/salisburyasc/3387602451/in/set-72157604808443124/

They are RIV registered wagons with all the necessary fittings and could just as easily end up in Dusseldorf if the traffic warranted it

The Eastleigh - Wembley 6M44 enterprise service regularly conveyed 2-6 of these (ex-Quidhampton.

The traffic to Irvine now runs as a block train through the CT instead of from Burngullow

In latter years Quidhampton used the 2003 Swidnica built TEAs as in the photo at Salisbury rather than the earlier and rather different AFR ones to be modelled by Dapol. The last TEAs were moved out of Quidhampton on 14/10/09 using D1015. Pre working to Wembley on 6M44 the Quiddies were conveyed on 6S65 via Didcot that was usually Class 58 hauled and before that ran to Willesden as a dedicated train behind a Class 56. Don't know when the switch from AFR ICAs to Swidnica TEAs took place.

I think I'll 're-open' Quidhampton and run a pair of ICAs on a WCML Enterprise along with Heljan Cargowaggons and the forthcoming Bachmann IPAs :rolleyes:

• Like 1

i think 10 -12 would like nice in my rake, ying ying ying up front.

any idea when they will be out?

are there going to be different nubers just out of interest as with new Mca etc?

Any idea on what these will be in the shops dosh ??$ wise?

Having looked at photos of the (real) weathered ones, i wonder if someone will do them weathered as limited editions?

So many questions, lol wink.gif

In the shops before Christmas we hope.

??27.95 RRP

Kernow for weathered ones!

Hope this helps?

cheers

Dave

No, that does not help as it does not give much time to find the dosh lol!

I take it the weathering will be of a simular standard to the tiphook?

They look nice - remember my offer from the old RMWeb ... :icon_idea:

Remind us please? We you offereing to weather for members lol!

• RMweb Gold

No, that does not help as it does not give much time to find the dosh lol!

I take it the weathering will be of a simular standard to the tiphook?

Remind us please? We you offereing to weather for members lol!

PM to DD ;)

[Paranoia] I'm sure I'm being watched, I start scratchbuilding two more silver bullets at Scaleforum in September last year and within weeks the model was announced. I then finally get as far as lettering the last one this week, and no sooner have I done that, but first test shots appear - spooky... :icon_mutter: [/Paranoia] If I don't finish the bogie on the last one, and set up the coupler pockets, will that delay the Dapol ones 'til after Christmas? :icon_frustrated:

post-336-1256848355035_thumb.jpg

It takes quite a lot of courage to weather them, which is why I chickened out and asked fellow DEMU member Mark Lambert to do the dirty on the three that another DEMU member, Roget Tuke, had built for me from my resin castings :icon_clap:

post-336-12568483670578_thumb.jpg

Perhaps not a good as Dapol's effort should be, but I won't be changing my fleet. :icon_e_biggrin:

jon

Have you built any Falcon's yet Jon?? smile.gif

No, but I have measured one, and I know I can cast that size of wagon because I've done MBA and cut down, but I can't see the MBA mould ever being filled again, but at least the batch of 5 MCA/MDA's that I had finished were sold just before the rash of new RTR's was announced (a rare example of good timing....)

Watch out for anouncements about RTR inter-war Belgian ferry wagons, then I'll have proof... or maybe not.

Jon