Temeraire

• RMweb Premium

Evening all,

Just finished wheel cleaning and packing up of the layout ready for loading up and heading to Basingstoke tomorrow afternoon for the first gig of the year. Come and say hello if you're visiting, don't be shy, we're a bit thin on the ground for this one so you might get given the controller for bit!

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Evening all

Back home fed and watered after an enjoyable first day where we were apparently a very close second in the 'best layout' judged by Stationmaster from around these parts! Thanks to Paul, Paul and Scott for their company today and looking forward to another good day tomorrow.

• Like 3

I only had an hour and half there max but managed to have a reasonable look round

It was a pleasure to operate Tidworth today and catch up with some of the gang. It was also good to see a few other RMwebbers at the show.

The only disappointment was leaving for work at 3.

A couple of shots of the engineering works that took place when Ian left the stand for a few minutes :jester:

post-10336-0-29989800-1457892426_thumb.jpg

post-10336-0-37199600-1457892458_thumb.jpg

Another enjoyable day out and I don't think I managed to blow anything up today.

I'll upload a few more and perhaps even some video if I find any decent footage.

Phil

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Evening all

Tidworth is back home and in the conservatory after a very enjoyable weekend at the Basingstoke show, a big thank you to Phil and Paul for today and again to Scott and 'big' Paul for their help on Saturday I hoped you enjoyed it as much as me. I'll wait for Phil's photographic efforts to appear as I took the camera but no pics all weekend!

Also thanks to Kevin (Mr Leaford) for the loan of the units and the tank train and I'll drop them off tomorrow night.

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 7

Hi Mark

Many thanks for your generous comments did we speak yesterday or did you stay incognito? If you see us again be sure to say hello.

I'm putting my money on bald head, wouldn't want to mess with him in a fight bloke... :locomotive:

I did indeed stay incognito, however Scott clearly is very perceptive. I had been working nights and had only finished at 0800 Saturday so was feeling rather tired. Next time I'll defiantly say hello.

• Like 1

Great photos. I like the VEAs. Were they almost exclusively for MOD traffic by the late 80s/early 90s?

Everything I've ever read suggests that to be the case.

In most pictures I've seen of them they are very well maintained and kept clean too.

Guess you don't really want a train full of ammunition failing?

I have seen speedlink videos with the odd VEA in the middle of the rake. Quite whsat they were carrying i couldn't say but there was never any of the usual MoD barrier vehicles each side of them. From what i read once, some VEAs survived in Wagon Load (Speedlink) service due to tight curves in the facilities they were loaded/unloaded at.

Moving on, loving the pictures above. The atmosphere this layout gives is always superb. We'll definately have to push to get you booked for a show up this way Ian ;)

• Like 2

I did indeed stay incognito, however Scott clearly is very perceptive. I had been working nights and had only finished at 0800 Saturday so was feeling rather tired. Next time I'll defiantly say hello.

He shoots; he scores. 10 points to me..

Yeah say hello next time; but I can relate to the zombie type feeling after a night shift..