Temeraire

• RMweb Gold

Hi Mike

Good to chat to you fellas as well, but not sure its my 'knowledge' I shared with you just a combination of ideas and methods picked up over the years and adapted to my particular needs, a lot of which worked out well by happy accident! If you ever see us again on the road you must have a go on the controller next time.

Cheers

Ideas and methods picked up count as knowledge to me mate - and yours have certainly made a lot of sense to me.

I'm not sure you'd want to let me lose driving your trains, I might crash them.....I'm still a novice with all of this DCC malarkey!  :O  :O

Hi Ian,

Hope you dont' mind as though I didn't get many shots from the operating side recently at Fareham I did nab this one late on and really think it shows how brilliant the colours are for the grass, ballast etc. as well as how real the buddlea makes the whole scene look.

Absolutely nothing to do with the fact the parcels sector robbed a DCWA vac for their turn.

Cheers,

Stu.

post-5142-0-37987100-1462446271_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

Hi Ian,

Hope you dont' mind as though I didn't get many shots from the operating side recently at Fareham I did nab this one late on and really think it shows how brilliant the colours are for the grass, ballast etc. as well as how real the buddlea makes the whole scene look.

Absolutely nothing to do with the fact the parcels sector robbed a DCWA vac for their turn.

Cheers,

Stu.

attachicon.gifIMAG0260x.jpg

Great photo! Shame Ian didn't switch the tail lights off on the Hoover  :laugh:  :laugh:

• RMweb Gold

A good weekend at Wilton and apart from the usual operator deficiencies the layout ran very well.

Pitbull & Beresford Jnrs? Or just short of operators?

post-6968-0-32726100-1462723333_thumb.jpg

Ian amused at the antics! But quiet today due to the cycle race seemingly putting off a lot of people.

post-6968-0-39815800-1462723319_thumb.jpg

Thanks for letting us operate :)

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Hi all,

Another show over and a big thank you to all the crew this weekend Paul, Paul, Scott and Phil for their assistance, and a welcome to the crew to Mike (scoobyra) who passed his basic driving test on Saturday with flying colours and can be called on in future perhaps? (That assumes you're still talking to me after I turned up the volume on your 37, how did she react?)

We'll be doing it all again in three weeks time at the New Forest Show in Brockenhurst so come along and say hello and in the meantime look out for Railway Modeller on Thursday.

Cheers for now

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Another show over and a big thank you to all the crew this weekend Paul, Paul, Scott and Phil for their assistance, and a welcome to the crew to Mike (scoobyra) who passed his basic driving test on Saturday with flying colours and can be called on in future perhaps? (That assumes you're still talking to me after I turned up the volume on your 37, how did she react?)

We'll be doing it all again in three weeks time at the new Forest Show in Brockenhurst so come along and say hello and in the meantime look out for Railway Modeller on Thursday.

Cheers for now

Hahahaha.....I haven't had time to try it out yet Ian.

Thanks so much for letting me have a go, it was great fun. I probably need more practice but if you get stuck and I'm free, I'll happily help out. I can't be any worse than Paul crashing in to the end of the traverser  :rofl_mini:  :rofl_mini:  :rofl_mini:

• Like 2

Hi Ian,

Just had a read through the topic again and I am amazed how quickly you built this superb layout. I have a couple of questions:

- what have you used to make the yellow barriers?

- where can I get the buddleia?

Thanks

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Hi Ian,

Just had a read through the topic again and I am amazed how quickly you built this superb layout. I have a couple of questions:

- what have you used to make the yellow barriers?  Same as the white barriers in the yard, just lengths of spare rail with cut down sleepers as the vertical supports with the back of the rails filed flat to allow gluing of the sleepers.

- where can I get the buddleia?  You will have to ask "Kipford" (Brighton East layout) as they were made by his good lady Mrs Kipford!

Thanks

Jeff

Thanks Jeff for your kind comments I hope the answers above are sufficient, and as Paul has given the game away you can see some quality photos taken by Steve Flint in this month's Railway Modeller from Thursday.

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

We'll be doing it all again in three weeks time at the New Forest Show in Brockenhurst so come along and say hello and in the meantime look out for Railway Modeller on Thursday.

Cheers for now

I thought this gave the game away ;) Edited by PaulRhB

I thought this gave the game away ;)

Do I really have to read the comments? No fair. I just like looking at the pictures like some giant pop-up book... :jester: