Temeraire

• RMweb Gold

I've had the same comment about Orchard Road. All down to the ballasting and painting on both OR and Tidworth. Takes a little more effort, but worthwhile. I've seen plenty of layouts where this isn't the case and can clearly be seen that it is code 100.

I've not seen the RM yet, hope to pick one up tomorrow.

And some pictures from me....

More great detail added since I last operated it in March @Basingstoke.

Thanks to all for a fun day out.

Phil

lovely pictures makes me jealous  , just a comment not sure if any one else has mentioned it  but the CVR(T)'s you have on the flats  should have chocks under the front and rear of the tracks  . it was always an issue  when we did rail moves during my time in the Army  to make sure we had enough

N

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Evening all

Its been a bit quiet here recently but Tidworth is on the road again first thing tomorrow when I'll be heading for Brockenhurst so come and say hello if you're attending. We'll be up on the stage apparently alongside Portland so two NSE layouts together and a new loco will be making its debut having finally escaped the workbench. ;)

• Like 4

Evening all

Its been a bit quiet here recently but Tidworth is on the road again first thing tomorrow when I'll be heading for Brockenhurst so come and say hello if you're attending. We'll be up on the stage apparently alongside Portland so two NSE layouts together and a new loco will be making its debut having finally escaped the workbench. ;)

Look forward to some pictures if you get a chance !

• RMweb Premium

Evening all

Another show over and a couple of months off until the next one. Thanks to the usual suspects for their help and assistance with the operating this weekend, you know who you are. Thanks also to the New Forest Club for their hospitality this weekend. Back to the workbench before Barnstaple then!

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

who makes the bagged loads seen in the open wagon? Apologies if this has been asked before.

Hi Steve, if only I had a pound for everytime that's been asked! Check page 36 post 877 for a link. They are made by DUHA.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi mate who did ur budlia again

chris

Hi Mate 

It was made by 'Mrs Kipford', don't know if she's taking orders still but you could ask. Look at Brighton East layout.

• RMweb Premium

Evening all

I've been quiet since Brockenhurst with lots of other things taking up time but this afternoon I finally stopped looking at my new airbrush and actually put some paint in it! Suffice to say that the 3 car Thumper unit has had it's base coat of white successfully applied by this airbrush novice and once I return from this week's business trip to Ireland, I hope to get it masked up for the Blue and Grey to be sprayed. This airbrush lark ain't as difficult as I thought, its the cleaning up after that's the PIA!

• Like 7

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Evening all

Yes I'm still alive and well and tonight the airbrush was alive again at last. Having been away to South Africa and busy for work before and since, modelling has taken a backseat, but tonight the elusive Thumper project saw the light of day once again!

ThumperBlue_200716.jpg.6f6cc7918c3786820323df1875138613.jpg

The 3 car Thumper has gained its first colour stripe, so far so good with no paint bleed onto white previously sprayed.

I very much doubt it will be ready for Barnstaple in ten days time but at least it has moved forward. If you're coming along to the show please say hello as its just Paul and me for this one so we could use a little help if you fancy a go.

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 15