Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Members
On 16/05/2020 at 14:40, Western Aviator said:

 

That’s Waterloo, not Paddington (and probably the scruffiest 50 I’ve ever seen).

 

Thanks for that!  It makes sense.  I will correct them a.s.a.p.  Shame they are so over-exposed as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Trev52A said:

I'm not sure if this was already uploaded umpteen pages back, but this is the next shot on the film of 50030 seen in my previous post, as it crosses into Devon on 25th May 1975. The sky looks very different which is probably due to me overdoing the darkening down of the long-distance shot when I tried to rescue it.

 

1245901588_(317c)50030RABridge28-5-75(TErmel).jpg.8fc73a5639b495015fc7c272e777d87d.jpg

 

Trevor

Nice shot. Interesting to see the road bridge looking so new. Way before it got its modified deck. Don’t know if it’s the light but the royal Albert bridge looks like it’s painted in a darker shade of gray at this time compare to present. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, GWRPhil said:

Nice shot. Interesting to see the road bridge looking so new. Way before it got its modified deck. Don’t know if it’s the light but the royal Albert bridge looks like it’s painted in a darker shade of gray at this time compare to present. 

 

Now you mention it, the bridge doesn't look right - I think it's too pink!

A bit off topic on a Class 50 thread but here are two more I shot on the same day (25th May 1975) which I think are closer to what it should look like.

 

1727374107_(054cS)D1070RoyalAlbertBr28-5-75(TE).jpg.d83be20bb5d3db77a42818bb0a46acb5.jpg

D1070 at the same spot

 

1390451642_(T1177a)28-5-75(TE).jpg.6dacc0a496fac9d169797a0527b16524.jpg

A dmu on the bridge

 

The shot of 50030 must be a bad scan or a bad 'tweak' - I'm working on it!

Thanks for pointing this out.

 

Cheers

Trevor

 

 

  • Like 19
Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally found my lost stash of prints and amongst them was this one taken at Laira, presumably early 1990s - not my photograph, it was donated by a family friend.
Probably returning from a visit to the carriage washer?
NSE50s_Laira_Triangle.jpg.5d249f8cba127e44ef5eef00d1b8885d.jpg

 

I can't make out the second loco's number but I'm thinking either 48 or 18?

  • Like 13
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, alexross42 said:

I finally found my lost stash of prints and amongst them was this one taken at Laira, presumably early 1990s - not my photograph, it was donated by a family friend.
Probably returning from a visit to the carriage washer?
NSE50s_Laira_Triangle.jpg.5d249f8cba127e44ef5eef00d1b8885d.jpg

 

I can't make out the second loco's number but I'm thinking either 48 or 18?

great photo i think its 50018 its got plows on .

  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a few old ones. This first one was on a cold and gloomy December day in 1978 at Northfield. I should think the Ektachrome 400 was pushed to 1600 ASA on a day like this.

 

1900212567_north2adec78.jpg.bca834bcfae4589be35654d8757e62f9.jpg

 

March 1980 at New St next for 50046 

 

145770591_bns7amar80.jpg.7b49585189ced28604b645b3203c6adc.jpg

 

196804855_bns8amar80.jpg.9398d4cf19a2951863e5329c230f8ec3.jpg

 

And on to Harbury, May 1980.

 

252890953_har1amay80.jpg.9c813c2329f99644d49ecaf84976b294.jpg

 

Graham

 

 

 

 

 

  

  • Like 13
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold

50003 pauses at Crewkerne sometime in the 1980s. The track work being undertaken may help to date the photo.

 

Initially, the length of the train made me wonder if it was a enthusiasts special, but I can't see any further evidence. 1028089458_50003crewkerne1986.jpg.b43922abee6e72deb069303f6e15c830.jpg 

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, jonny777 said:

50003 pauses at Crewkerne sometime in the 1980s. The track work being undertaken may help to date the photo.

 

Initially, the length of the train made me wonder if it was a enthusiasts special, but I can't see any further evidence. 1028089458_50003crewkerne1986.jpg.b43922abee6e72deb069303f6e15c830.jpg 

 

Standard length was 9 carriages. Pic a bit dark but that looks like 9 to me.

  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...