Warley at the NEC 2014, 22nd and 23rd November

Robert Shrives

• RMweb Gold

Which manufactures will be announcing products at this years event, Heljan usually do but is there anyone else?

Cheers

Mark

Kernow have two items on their list - one of the steam type variety and the other is diseasal, both are likely to result in major frothing I would think and I'm sure will be well up to Kernow's usual, high, standard of prototype research.

• RMweb Gold

Kernow have two items on their list - one of the steam type variety and the other is diseasal, both are likely to result in major frothing I would think and I'm sure will be well up to Kernow's usual, high, standard of prototype research.

What, No EMUs? I am not happy!

From the JLTRT facebook page:

"Its Showtime folks! Come to our stand at the NEC Birmingham on Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd of November. (yes we know we are not on the traders list!) in the usual spot stand A27 1 row in from front door. We will have our usual DVD presentation with commentary from Pete waterman plus demo models and much more.
Don't miss it"!

Cheers, Mick.

Hi,

Ever since 'Kinlochewe' was booked way back in 2012 I have been eagerly awaiting this week when it will finally be 'winging' its way to Warley. It comes with all singing and dancing DCC sound from the likes of 'Biffoman', SWD, Howes and Paul Chetter. Complete with auto-uncoupling and working RETB signalling and everthing from CL26 / 27's to L/L 37's and the odd 105 Cravens it looks as though it's going to be a great weekend.

Come along and say hello - we will be glad to see you all.

Bill + Jim

post-3775-0-18293700-1416225910.jpg

post-3775-0-22962200-1416225957_thumb.jpg

post-3775-0-30785800-1416225980.jpg

post-3775-0-76534400-1416226016.jpg

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/U50539/2014/11/22/advanced

09.25-51 at Birmingham International. 20.09-21 on the return, so a bit late unless you hang around for 3 hours after the show finishes!

Our train in the morning is booked to arrive at 0937 :-)

But that then raises the quandry of whether or not to miss another 15 mins' show time waiting for the steamer to depart..... (I usually pretty much run out of time at the end of the day anyway and 95 layouts in 8 hours works out at 5 mins per layout, not allowing for loo breaks, meals, trade stands, etc...).

• RMweb Gold

09.25-51 at Birmingham International. 20.09-21 on the return, so a bit late unless you hang around for 3 hours after the show finishes!

Those of us staying nearby might go and have a gander though.

Jamie

... as might some people who've got to wait at the airport until a couple of hours later than this, for a coach home.

Well, it's not as if there's much else to do while waiting - and some people here might be slightly interested in railways ... .

Huw.

• RMweb Premium

It's only an old steamy water boiler thingy..........

I'm off to the pub with some mates from DEMU............................

:jester:

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

And she is in cracking form,as I can vouch....having had a dream round trip from Crewe via Shap and Aisgill on the 25th Oct. Pretty good for 76 years young. An interesting diversion for Warley Show.

Absolutely magnificent....do not miss...get out there all of you...so that I can raid the Bachmann returns unhindered.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Dapol are saying lmited numbers of ATW set at show per their website.

Also BHI to hall 5 does not need travelators, across link birdge, down esclators/lift /stairs and its a short walk to hall 5 paybooths beyond wetherspoons down a ramp or a short flight of stairs.

see you all on stand A1

Robert    

• RMweb Gold

Hi,

Well packing is almost complete and once a parcel has arrived tomorrow then the road trip can begin with an overnight stop planned before arriving at the venue Friday.

I'm on stand A61 demoing the dark at of decoder fitting if people want to stop by for a chat.....that reminds me I had best find something to work on. Though I have a feeling that that I wont get a chance to do it

Cheers

Simon

• RMweb Premium

I'm on stand A61 demoing the dark at of decoder fitting if people want to stop by for a chat.....that reminds me I had best find something to work on. Though I have a feeling that that I wont get a chance to do it

Cheers

Simon

I know the feeling - I'm just around the corner on A58.

Stuff is packed and ready - that must be some sort of record for me, as I'm usually prepping for a show up to about midnight the day before...............

I'm re-reading the exhibition manual to make sure I haven't missed anything.

Cheers,

Mick

You get a stamp on the back of your hand which allows reentry on the day

Are there any jabs for blood poisoning?

No need for a jab, the stamp already does that for you!

Oooohhhh now I see what you mean! :O

• RMweb Premium

Green Ayre is now mostly packed.  I'm going to spend a lot of today moving all the baseboards up to the church so that they are all in one place ofr quick loading in the morning.  Stock has nearly all arrived so toimorrow morning we will be on our way.

Jamie

• RMweb Gold

I have a work do tonight so will have to load late in the evening and first thing in the morning as have to work t morrow morning then take the Chiltern push pull service lunch time to Banbury where my other half and part of our team will meet me with Banbury loaded in the car.

Probably my last chance to get a ride behind a class 67 on this route with the new 68s coming into use in December

Looking forward to tomorrow afternoon.

Archived