Warley at the NEC 2014, 22nd and 23rd November

Robert Shrives

Ooh what's the advice in there, "Ear defenders to be worn at all times" or "Do not feed the animals?"

Yep, that’s about it, a necessary evil of today’s health and safety culture, I have just read the loading and unloading advise, and worked it out that I should have set out for the venue last Saturday to be ready for opening time

Well, 'Alloa' is all packed up and ready to load this afternoon provided Davy remembers to pick up the van....

Long trip for us from Glasgow and we may run out of things to talk about by Lesmahagow  (20mls).

A new project is in the planning stage and we've now got another room for it so this may be your last chance to see 'Alloa' in the South, 'deep south' to us of-course.

Come and say Hallo, we welcome all gauges and flanges.

Dave Franks

Scottish Region Study Group

(ScRSG)

• RMweb Premium

From the Demo ober gruppen thingy....

my bits packed.... car loading commenced... off to check the demo area floor measurements ... good idea reading all of the info ....you know it makes sense...

See you demonstrators tomorrow .. or for redgates.... saturday... I need a pint .... NOW!!

stressed Baz

I know the feeling - I'm just around the corner on A58.

Stuff is packed and ready - that must be some sort of record for me, as I'm usually prepping for a show up to about midnight the day before...............

I'm re-reading the exhibition manual to make sure I haven't missed anything.

Cheers,

Mick

I seem to recall that they are sticklers when it comes to checking your electrics, particularly RCD's.

A new project is in the planning stage and we've now got another room for it so this may be your last chance to see 'Alloa' in the South, 'deep south' to us of-course.

Dave Franks

(ScRSG)

the "Deep south" confederate flag flying over junction 15 of the M6 !

Stand number B74 is on the right hand side of hall 5 almost opposite the toilets. Maybe Warley are trying to tell me something? I'll either be flushed with success or down the proverbial pan or perhaps in lieu of something else!! :D

• RMweb Premium

Stand number B74 is on the right hand side of hall 5 almost opposite the toilets. Maybe Warley are trying to tell me something? I'll either be flushed with success or down the proverbial pan or perhaps in lieu of something else!! :D

Maybe the background fragrance may mask out that of the great unwashed.................... :jester:

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

It seemed like a good idea at the time, but Eldavo, bibby line, myself and A.N. Other (no, not that one, his brother) are set to do battle with the little wheels of Waton over the weekend.

Myself, I"ve been to poundland and bought a pair of + 20 glasses so I can actually see those N gauge thingies...whether this will help operations or not remains to be seen.

Well, 'Alloa' is all packed up and ready to load this afternoon provided Davy remembers to pick up the van....

Long trip for us from Glasgow and we may run out of things to talk about by Lesmahagow  (20mls).

Dave Franks

(ScRSG)

Likewise Dave -' Kinlochewe' is all packed up and ready to go - would you believe from ' Alloa '. Jim and me will be travelling in a hire van and if you run out of conversation - we'll talk to you  :no: ! 

Bill.

Just to cheer up those of you who will be at Warley this weekend.

1. I'm giving it a miss this year.

2. There is a stinking cold doing the rounds at the moment, and those of you behind layouts are sitting targets .....

Bill

• RMweb Gold

, and worked it out that I should have set out for the venue last Saturday to be ready for opening time

It's fine in reality ;) I never drive in for breakdown though unless it's raining as it's usually chaos. I talk to the security guards and park in the car park just opposite the doors. No queuing and a sack truck or trolley means no lugging weights ;)

• RMweb Premium

Still working on Waton but hopefully all will be in order to load up tomorrow morning. Don't forget to stop by stand E16 to chat/hurl abuse/deliver beer.

Looking forward to a good weekend of playing trains. Now I better get back to the workshop and repair a manky extension cable.

Cheers

Dave

It seemed like a good idea at the time, but Eldavo, bibby line, myself and A.N. Other (no, not that one, his brother) are set to do battle with the little wheels of Waton over the weekend.

Myself, I"ve been to poundland and bought a pair of + 20 glasses so I can actually see those N gauge thingies...whether this will help operations or not remains to be seen.

Does this mean you might finally lose your slot at the top of the SPAD count list?????? :jester:

• RMweb Premium

I seem to recall that they are sticklers when it comes to checking your electrics, particularly RCD's.

When we took Blackmill a few years ago, I turned up at the RCD testing station with a brand-new unopened RCD. It failed!

Luckily Squires had some on their stand.

My local electrical supplier was high on the "things to do when I get home from the exhibition" list.

Cheers,

Mick

When we took Blackmill a few years ago, I turned up at the RCD testing station with a brand-new unopened RCD. It failed!

Luckily Squires had some on their stand.

My local electrical supplier was high on the "things to do when I get home from the exhibition" list.

Cheers,

Mick

Don't say that, mine appears to be working at the moment

I think you'll get better access to view the layouts if you're prepared to stay until the end Richard and avoid the queue/scrum first thing on Saturday.

If I arrive at early opening time I usually rush right to the far end and work back - by the time I pass the crowd coming the other way it's usually thinned out a bit.

However this time I won't be arriving so early so I need to rethink my strategy!

• RMweb Premium

Don't say that, mine appears to be working at the moment

As it's 4 years since I took a layout out I had to hunt hard for my RCD but eventually found it in an unexpected place when I was looking for something else, along with a nut spinner that I'd presumed lost and replaced yesterday.

Jamie

• RMweb Gold

Getting together the final bits and pieces before off to pick up Ray, then we can load Orchard Road into the car.

I also use a RCD at all exhibitions, so always left in my box of bits for the layout.

Looking forward to the weekend, first time with my own layout, but have previously been both as a visitor and helping on a couple of layouts.

• RMweb Gold

As it's 4 years since I took a layout out I had to hunt hard for my RCD but eventually found it in an unexpected place when I was looking for something else, along with a nut spinner that I'd presumed lost and replaced yesterday.

Jamie

I think that the last time we used an RCD was Warley two years ago!!

I did check that its in the bag the other day.

Ian

Just managed to break the glass in the display panel, need to replace with clear acrylic once we set up."Pickles" as they say whoever they are. Oh the joys of loading layouts into the car. :no:

Will have a couple of 0 gauge GWR Panniers for sale at £275 and £325 if anyone is interested.

Archived