Foster Street (Its Grim Up North)

paulprice

Progress on Board 3 is moving along nicely, at this rate I may be at risk of actually getting something presentable by November. All I need to do now is decide if I actually like the factory or if I should knock up something else?

post-18718-0-83382300-1407085334_thumb.jpgpost-18718-0-92577700-1407085379_thumb.jpgpost-18718-0-81227700-1407085410_thumb.jpgpost-18718-0-44580600-1407085440_thumb.jpg

You do indeed…

Did you have the Metcalfe factory already and popped it in place or did you get it specifically for the re-design?

For me, it looks a little small and nestled in for such a regimented building, I'd expect a factory in such a location to be a bit more quaint, not parallel with the canal front, having been extended and added to over the years having started out as a smaller building, perhaps sprawling onto the hill behind.

That or be taller, such as a mill building or warehouse

You do indeed…

Did you have the Metcalfe factory already and popped it in place or did you get it specifically for the re-design?

For me, it looks a little small and nestled in for such a regimented building, I'd expect a factory in such a location to be a bit more quaint, not parallel with the canal front, having been extended and added to over the years having started out as a smaller building, perhaps sprawling onto the hill behind.

That or be taller, such as a mill building or warehouse

I used it as an excuse to nip to a certain Liverpool retailer yesterday. I kind of like the Metcalfe buildings they allow you lots of options, and are ideal until I get round to fully scratch building.

I know what you mean, but I wanted something to try and not dominate the area, perhaps over the next few days I will have a re-think, the problem is that it is not a big space......

Well I managed to get the ballasting done on Board 3, and even applied a little paint to the bridge, and even got to sort through some of my wagons to see which are up to a reasonable standardpost-18718-0-16204600-1407963558_thumb.jpgpost-18718-0-51541700-1407963584_thumb.jpg

The downside was these little pests made an appearance

post-18718-0-59607200-1407963646_thumb.jpg

Someone help, I think I am losing my modelling MOJO.

Despite a long list of jobs to do on the layout, and a rapidly approaching exhibition deadline, I can seem to get myself in gear. Even the thought of visiting a local model shop and splashing some cast does not even seem like the effort.

Oh woe is me, woe I say woe. I mean why would I want to buy and Ivatt 2-6-0, or a WD 2-8-0, or another Black 5 (mine are all the older version), HELP HELP HELP

Good advise, I think I may be tempted to run a train or two (the problems is the layout at the moment is spread across two rooms)

Bury is not that far really, the Domestic Overlord and I make a trip there every few weeks to stock up the freezer from the Meat Market

I did manage to spend a little time, test fitting the backscene on bard three, I think I may have cut the exit holes for the track a little too large?

I suppose this gives me the chance to try and disguise it with some modelling magic, if only I could find the right trick up my sleeve.

post-18718-0-75043100-1408218525_thumb.jpgpost-18718-0-79816200-1408218578_thumb.jpg

Jack thanks for the kind comment, I need to finalise how I am going to model the water in the canal, I have an idea that I think will work, but with me who knows.

I have to re-work the storage yard as I have decided to relay it today, sometimes I seem to just be making work for myself :)

Archived