Modern image Re-painting, Detailing and Weathering thread.

• RMweb Gold

I have already got the 47 sourced, I'm going to do 810 as the only one currently done. Quite a lot of detail differences to take into account with it, had to buy a whole new loco.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I have already got the 47 sourced, I'm going to do 810 as the only one currently done. Quite a lot of detail differences to take into account with it, had to buy a whole new loco.

This was 47810 last week after it disgaced itself on the Blackburn-Bradford TdF shuttles.

post-408-0-27239200-1405027024_thumb.jpg

post-408-0-53198900-1405027029_thumb.jpg

post-408-0-05237500-1405027036_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

So I'm still waiting for the revised DRS decals to be released, I'm sure it won't be long now.

Anyway I have completed my first NR mk2 coach, added a lot of details and removed a lot of under frame. Still not an exact copy of the prototype but good enough as a representation. I'm really happy with it and the NR rake is coming along nicely. I have another two mk2's to do.

I have also completed 37421 in colas colours but no pictures yet.

Hope you enjoy the pics.

imagejpg1_zps5deea058.jpg

imagejpg3_zps8bd6268c.jpg

imagejpg4_zps309b155e.jpg

imagejpg5_zpsb802f943.jpg

imagejpg6_zps3ebfa8fa.jpg

imagejpg2_zpsa6a97682.jpg

imagejpg7_zpscf9c7141.jpg

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy,

Liking the yellow, but an observation. 31's are blue star multi and DVT's are AAR multi, so you either need a Mk2 DBSO/RTOV for the 31, or a 67 for the DVT!

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy,

Liking the yellow, but an observation. 31's are blue star multi and DVT's are AAR multi, so you either need a Mk2 DBSO/RTOV for the 31, or a 67 for the DVT!

Cheers,

Mick

Don't worry Mick I know. Only positioned to show off all the yellow stuff I have (bar 57, for now)! I have DB 67018 which will haul this train.

Andy

Edited by Andy7
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

So I have been doing things but not much painting. I have weathered 4 of my 8 TTA tanks which I will get some pics of when they are all complete. DCC chipped a Bachmann 220 and been slowly acquiring an Arrive XC HST rake. I am still waiting out on the R3 sprays revised DRS decals for a 37.47 and 57. The 47 is all done bar the DRS decals, seal, weather and rebuild. I did manage to weather a couple of locos on Friday night, pics are below.

37609 is finally finished and weathered. 67018 has also been weathered, managed to get a nice effect on the roof. Really pleased with them. Both have legomanbiffo sounds fitted. Hope you like the pics.

imagejpg3_zps82b60c58.jpg

imagejpg5_zpsa8f6a8e8.jpg

imagejpg1_zps2315452c.jpg

imagejpg4_zpsc36ba35a.jpg

imagejpg2_zps8aecc976.jpg

• Like 10

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

47's this last week. 47810 in revised DRS (finally the transfers are available) is 90% done now. Just waiting on rad covers coming and a light weathering. Lots of details to pic out on this loco. Also on the go but not pictured is WCRC 47760, body now in maroon and tomorrow night will do the yellow ends and black roof. Finally pictured is the beginnings of 47843 in Riviera colours. I have the transfers, name plates and cat badges all waiting. Really looking forward to having this one done.

Anyway hope the pics go down well.

image_zps1fe4f085.jpg

image_zps432c916f.jpg

image_zpsdf0cf3da.jpg

image_zpse9d6aee5.jpg

image_zpsf6eccc85.jpg

Edited by Andy7
  • Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Liking the new style DRS 47. My set for a 37 arrived the other day. Just need to sort suitable noses for 37609 for another test train tractor.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

47843 is finished. I like the simplicity of the colour scheme and the name is fantastic. I am going to fit a sound chip to it but as far as 47 sounds go I'm not 100% happy with any of them! Most bar the Howes one don't seem to acknowledge that the loco has a rather large turbo! Any opinions would be much appreciated, (I have Howes and Legomanbiffo already). Tonight 843 will be lightly weathered along with 47810. Going to smash out another log wagon as well.

imagejpg3_zpse0bfbe99.jpg

imagejpg4_zpsed758a50.jpg

imagejpg1_zps6dfc46ec.jpg

imagejpg2_zps4f9fbe97.jpg

Edited by Andy7
  • Like 10

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

So not much has happened recently, but I have sold on my rake of regional railways mk1 coaches and replaced them with WR chocolate and cream ones. Only have 6 at the moment but another 2 are actively being sort. Really happy with them they look fantastic. A few pics of 47843 with some new VGA's and my WR coaches. Vulcan is now lightly weathered along with 47810 and 47760. Next on the work bench is another Colas 37 and some weathering.

imagejpg1_zps7ce2e771.jpg

imagejpg2_zps7aac9bd5.jpg

imagejpg3_zps216e84f8.jpg

imagejpg4_zps9a67f7c1.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

I'm still plugging away at my fleet of locos and wagons. Another 47760 WCRC completed along with a fictional DCR 47319. Done it to the same style as 31452/601, it's looks great. Both were weathered last night along with my NR coach, my Colas 37421 and another TTA tank, 5 of 8 done now. Below are some pics of the work. After looking at the pics I have just noticed some more details to pic out on the tanks and DCR 47.

Next on the work bench is 67027 in DB Schenker. Also have a 20/3 in DRS, a 37 in DRS revised and another Colas 56, along with 7 log wagons and endless weathering of wagons and coaches.

One final note is that me and my brother have started to build the baseboards for the new layout! Going to be awhile yet but at least we have started.

imagejpg5_zpsaa201e0e.jpg

imagejpg6_zps1e46371e.jpg

imagejpg1_zpsba3a42f7.jpg

imagejpg4_zps4f817896.jpg

imagejpg3_zps74480bd1.jpg

imagejpg2_zps4beadea7.jpg

Edited by Andy7
  • Like 13

• RMweb Gold

So I have bought a new loco, Bachmann Freightliner 70004. A lovely very detailed model, can't believe I have not bought one until now. Anyway bought at the same time as it's train! At the minute it's 4x Bachmann metalair PCA tanks and 9x Hornby PCA tanks. Really happy and makes a reasonable length train. Both lovely representations with lots of detail. I have started to modify them slightly, the Bachmann items I have added modern style warning flashes and painted the oleos silver (one of the best very simple mods on any model). The Hornby ones still need the oleos doing and then they all need plenty of weathering applying. Anyway a few pics as they are currently.

imagejpg6_zpsbe3e4a49.jpg

imagejpg1_zpse16af441.jpg

imagejpg2_zps8b915590.jpg

imagejpg5_zps382e057e.jpg

imagejpg3_zpsf2f005f6.jpg

imagejpg4_zpsfa7365fb.jpg

Also 67027 is almost complete. Not the easiest job in the world this one. I'm glad I started with 67018 as I have only had to do a partial re-paint, a full re-paint to the exact standard would have been tricky to a good standard. Pics soon.

Edited by Andy7
  • Like 8

• RMweb Gold

So 67027 is complete bar weathering. Fairly pleased with it, has slight silvering on the side transfers even with gloss applied then transfers followed by Matt coats. Looks pretty good though. As I mentioned before a full repaint would be very hard to get right with all the correct details on it. Tomorrow brings weathering for this and my new 70. Hope you enjoy the pics.

imagejpg1_zpsfa0b7e09.jpg

imagejpg3_zps511da0b4.jpg

imagejpg2_zpsaf0d8d5d.jpg

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

So 67027 is complete bar weathering. Fairly pleased with it, has slight silvering on the side transfers even with gloss applied then transfers followed by Matt coats. Looks pretty good though. As I mentioned before a full repaint would be very hard to get right with all the correct details on it. Tomorrow brings weathering for this and my new 70. Hope you enjoy the pics.

Looking good Andy.

I find DBS red an easy livery to apply (apart from the thin red) - two 60's on the go at the moment. The only problem with 67's that I've found is the black surround to the cab side window, but eventually sorted with masking tape and a black marker pen....

For some reason, I haven't got any pics of my finished 67027........ :fool:

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Mick. In hardness I would say this sits not much below a 70 (plenty of little details). I'm glad I started with a bargain of a red one to make it a bit easier.

Andy