Modern image Re-painting, Detailing and Weathering thread.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Another two just about finished. Bachmann DRS Revised 57007 which as with all DRS 47/57's has a myriad of details to sort. Flush ends, correct buffer beams, fuel tanks etc. Before anyone mentions I know that the lights need the maskol removing and I am waiting on the arrival of some radiator covers! I had to buy a 57 and a 47 to make this concoction, 47 chassis (added sanders) with 57 body. One final thing is that the transfers for this are a nightmare and I did not enjoy doing them one bit. Fitted with Legomanbiffo sound and just requiring some weathering. This is also the first time I have used laser-glaze.

Also complete Bachmann DRS 37607. Used a DRS 37405 donor and fitted the excellent R3sprays noses and roof lights. It looks factory and is relatively easy to do. It waits for weathering in the future.

Hope you like the pics.

image_zps2u7qgiaa.jpeg

image_zpssnwyrk6c.jpeg

image_zpspobgdwzh.jpeg

image_zpsnxzngoq8.jpeg

image_zpsu8rklk0p.jpeg

image_zpsnns9k8zk.jpeg

image_zpstoowa3vu.jpeg

image_zpsy1oaowo0.jpeg

image_zpsqyz6zm1c.jpeg

image_zpsnnnqgzac.jpeg

Next up a pair a Freightliner 66's will feature later in the week, (bought to haul the Dapol HIA's.

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Thanks. Basically the nose lights use the same style Spring contacts as standard and the roof light uses the wiring for the cab lights with some mods to the circuit board, really easy stuff.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

New model. Bought from Freightliners eBay shop for a great price (£114). Looks great and finished really nice. Was going to pass but at the price I couldn't resist.

image_zps69kjil3a.jpeg

image_zpstmmlft88.jpeg

Will get a decent update soon on some new stock and a few repaints.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

New model. Bought from Freightliners eBay shop for a great price (£114). Looks great and finished really nice. Was going to pass but at the price I couldn't resist.

image_zps69kjil3a.jpeg

image_zpstmmlft88.jpeg

Will get a decent update soon on some new stock and a few repaints.

Thank you very much for the photos of this fantastic looking loco! It's very much appreciated.

Bachmann have done a fantastic job as usual. I think the Powerhaul livery suits the 66s.

I'm looking to acquire some of these models. One to keep as 416 and some to renumber.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Bit of a running session the other day so I made a short video. Another this coming Saturday so hopefully have another vid to show.

Thanks for looking in.

• Like 5

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Big old gap between updates! Anyways lots has been happening, completed 47815, 47843 in Riviera colours and new 47749 in Colas for a customer and another 749 which I sold on as well. Didn't get any fully complete pictures of them all sadly.

Bought a new Dapol 52 for £91 delivered and have brought it up to date like Western Champion. Lights amended, cant rail added and warning flashes changed. I left it as Western Glory as Western Champion seems to chop and change its identity on a regular basis, it might be masquerading as Western Glory one day. Still not finished but looking great. A cracking model that runs superb.

Also repainted a Heljan 33 to 33207 Jim Martin as seen today. The latest Heljan 33 is again a great model and looks great in the WCRC scheme. Fitted it with Legomanbiffo sounds as well.

Renumbered a bunch of DRS 37405's to various classmates that I sold on and did 37425 for myself to keep.

Repainted a Hornby 56 to DCR 56312. This is one that has been a long time coming. Easily one of my favourite locos and one I have seen a few times at my local (2 miles away) station on the way to and from Calvert. Lots of details with this one to try and get right.

I also have another 56 to turn into 56303 again one I have seen a few times.

Bought a rake of 8 Bachmann MBA wagons and am slowly weathering them. Got a pair of barrier coaches on the go. Bought stone loads from wagon essentials for my Dapol HIA's, these are easily the best available to buy and fit perfectly.

Next up is completing 56104 in UKRL. Relivering a 153. Modifying lighting and transfers on 4 freightliner 66's. Endless weathering on numerous locos, coaches and wagons!

Enjoy the pics.

image_zpsfjvltsh3.jpeg

image_zps7m3ri2hw.jpeg

image_zpsqb1gvezp.jpeg

image_zps00ijggiw.jpeg

image_zpsyf1rv4ac.jpeg

image_zpsabbhukfv.jpeg

image_zpsawdvd3mb.jpeg

image_zpsxqj06hqs.jpeg

image_zpsd8eoa979.jpeg

image_zpsbi4utu6t.jpeg

image_zpsn2wupxfq.jpeg

image_zpsb3zl8sl2.jpeg

image_zpsftfiblwh.jpeg

image_zpsbwijckda.jpeg

image_zpslfa1cuj8.jpeg

image_zpsbuaww8mq.jpeg

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Thanks very much. I think the wire is around 0.3 mm, I will check though. I have 2 gauges. As for sound files almost all mine are legomanbiffo, I have a couple of zimo (60 and 66) which are quite good, a Howes 47 (good) and standard Bachmann (57) pretty good. All the legomanbiffo sounds are very, very good and very interactive and realistic. You can't go wrong.

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Bit more progress made. Just finished weathering 33207, 56312, 57007, 66546 and 66416. All tastefully done nothing too extravagant. Next up a trio of 47749 in Colas livery, (already done 2 of these), 56303 in DCR green and need to complete 56104 UKRL. Also just bought a virgin voyager and 20118 in Railfreight colours.

image_zpshrkik6qk.jpeg

image_zpstptanmxa.jpeg

image_zpsrlhe1azc.jpeg

image_zpsc6ofbibr.jpeg

image_zpsa0vbzkmr.jpeg

image_zpsjkycofph.jpeg

image_zpscibqzh9b.jpeg

image_zpsi1uo9cg7.jpeg

image_zpsfthmi9uv.jpeg

image_zps9arieyxs.jpeg

Not sure if I posted a pic of finished Colas 47749 but here is one anyway.

image_zpsyf1rv4ac.jpeg

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Superb paint jobs Andy, What grey did you use for the DCR 56, and is the lower grey stripe a transfer? The 56 looks Brill !!!

The grey on 56312 I just mixed from a couple of greys that I had, I also used a bit of white. Basically get a good pic off flickr and mix until it matches. The stripe is just silver airbrushed on. It is easily one of my favourite locos, loads of details differences to pick out.

• RMweb Gold

some really nice models there mate do u do any to order or are thay all yours cause i love 37510 u did in light blue and love one of them regards andy

Drop me a PM. Indeed 37501 is a bit of a looker.

• RMweb Gold

Finally got around to a bit more weathering on DCR 56103. Added all the body side streaks. She's is looking good. Still not finished, needs some more work with the airbrush especially on the roof. Any comments most welcome.

image_zps2qccsvdu.jpeg

image_zpszxupzku8.jpeg

image_zpsyks1wcpz.jpeg

image_zpsstl8tl8j.jpeg

image_zpsgzyntgrq.jpeg

image_zps6ufce3zb.jpeg

• Like 8