Modern image Re-painting, Detailing and Weathering thread.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Mick. In hardness I would say this sits not much below a 70 (plenty of little details). I'm glad I started with a bargain of a red one to make it a bit easier.

Andy

Colas 70's are a right PITA..........

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

So 67027 is now weathered (as I was taking pics I realised I had not added the loco numbers on the ends, now done). I did it as per some pics I got from the net. The Freightliner 70 is also weathered and looks super with some grime on it. I also did a couple of VGA vans to a fairly well used condition. Finally I got a couple of pics of the red 67's together. They will look great on a test train together. Anyway some pics.

image_zps16356169.jpg

image_zps7f0eb2bc.jpg

image_zps2ef6a95f.jpg

image_zpscff3921b.jpg

image_zps9e7cfcb3.jpg

image_zps02d12771.jpg

image_zpsb229d09c.jpg

image_zps3bdfda07.jpg

image_zps065c9924.jpg

image_zpse08034d3.jpg

• Like 12

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

So I have finally finished some more items after a house move. First up another Network Rail test coach. Done as 977868 with most of the details done. Very hard to do exact representations due to all the detail differences and window locations and numbers. Without spending forever doing it I'm very happy with it. Just needs some weathering now.

image.jpg5_zps6ia0aniz.jpg

The rake so far, one more coach to do and that will be it for now.

image.jpg1_zpsqa8ej868.jpg

Finally done a Colas 60 as 60087, had to go for the named one. A stunning colour scheme of the class 60. Just requires legoman sound and more weathering to finish. Hope you like it.

image.jpg2_zpsqvnv23fi.jpg

image.jpg4_zpsdjmdg7fg.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsbqeffjlo.jpg

Also on the bench is 31105 in Network Rail livery. Bought a cheap super detailed 31 and have been carrying out a Lot of mods to represent 105. Just waiting on NRN aerials before painting starts. Also have a couple of locos to paint for someone else.

Edited by Andy7
  • Like 11

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Mick. I did not note the cab roofs being different, more research required me thinks. I should just ask you before I start any Network Rail items! Cheers for the pointer Mick.

• RMweb Premium

I may have jumped the gun on different cab roofs. They're certainly different to a normal 31. Not easy to check from where I am at the moment. I know there's a pic of my 105 on the first page of my workbench thread.

Cheers

Mick

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

31105 is now in NR yellow, pics will follow over the weekend. Also had a little play and took a couple of pics of some of my other locos.

image.jpg1_zps0lpdbmq5.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsst9y6ckq.jpg

image.jpg3_zps47u2wies.jpg

Have now added etched nameplates to 70004 but still need to make the cooler ducts at some point. That's all for now.

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

More locos completed. Two 37's which have gone off to there new home. First older liveried locos I have done, only normally do bang up to date stuff. Thoroughly enjoyed doing them and think they look great, especially British Steel.

image.jpg5_zpsluilenpb.jpg

image.jpg6_zps8herkyd1.jpg

image.jpg7_zps8cdhbjrk.jpg

image.jpg8_zpsuuabjsui.jpg

Also now complete after a lot of cutting, filling, drilling and shaping is 31105 in Network rail yellow, suitably faded and weathered. The iPad pics again don't do it justice but it looks great. It started out as a blue one with boiler, lower valances, no headlight and other various older features. Took a lot of work to achieve including, fitting homemade nose handrails and lamp brackets, NRN aerials and now working headlights. After doing all this I decided against modifying the roof vents as 99% of people won't know the difference. Anyhow hope you like.

Next on the list is a DRS 37 in revised scheme and finish the remaining TTA tanks.

image.jpg1_zpssusa78ec.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsskfx2ekc.jpg

image.jpg2_zpspjutbqzj.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium
  • RMweb Gold

A small update, I gave finished weathering the TTA tanks and also completed my first 2 TEA tanks. A few vids of the rake behind some choice traction are below!

Hope you like. Currently making a super detailed 31 into 31190 as seen on the network today.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u75/Golfamily7/Mobile%20Uploads/th_trim.FFF39298-A65A-4931-9698-97C553B6C2E5_zpsku1clxhm.mp4

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u75/Golfamily7/Mobile%20Uploads/th_trim.FB2FF2DA-C328-4400-99F3-26C1DF6B2E51_zps6qa8t9mr.mp4

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u75/Golfamily7/Mobile%20Uploads/th_trim.E03D03B9-C919-4C8E-850E-0DA0B3148403_zps1n6iw8hr.mp4

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Wow has it really been that long! Anyway an update. DCR 31601 has been moved on and DCR 31190 has been completed and weathered as per pictures of it on today's railway. 31190 is for sale if anyone is interested, plenty more pics and details available.

image.jpg1_zps634ysdo1.jpg

image.jpg12_zpsnclmygge.jpg

I repainted a super detailed Hornby 56 to 56103 as used by DCR. This one is a keeper and fitted with Howes V4 sounds. I have partly weathered it but it will be getting more including the black streaks down the sides as per the real loco. Also pictured is 47843 which has had a bit more weathering applied.

image.jpg24_zpsbzhlam9g.jpg

image.jpg22_zpsybcvrccj.jpg

image.jpg21_zpsllq8dno1.jpg

image.jpg23_zpsofewepgl.jpg

Plenty of stock has been worked on. I have been adding brake discs to various items and they are a great addition, no pics yet. I have also bought 6 Bachmann steel thrall carriers and have just finished weathering them. Two were factory weathered, and whilst better than shiny, it was really quite poor. Also one wagon had been fitted by a previous owner with a very neat DCC flashing tail light which is fantastic. Whilst mentioning this rake I have ordered 8 further wagons of a different type to bolster it, more when they arrive!

image.jpg28_zpsjcrbpxcn.jpg

image.jpg29_zpswnzwrvkq.jpg

image.jpg30_zpsrx7oo1vj.jpg

image.jpg31_zpsd23xhy4e.jpg

I have also completed a conversion of a high sided OBA wagon to a mesh sided example. This was more than inspired by James Makin and I'm thrilled with it. Thanks James for the inspiration. The rest of this rake is moving along aswell, I now have 8 OCA and OBA type wagons.

image.jpg26_zpsu0n6oyvl.jpg

image.jpg27_zpsgadzgxww.jpg

I'm sure more has been done but it alludes me for now. Currently on the work bench is the next Colas log wagon and a second Colas 56, 56087. Also 31601 in its new colour scheme. 60096 in Colas colours is not far off being started also. YI also have a further 3 locos which are to be painted and sold which will use up some of my spare decals I have knocking around.

Also these will be the last low quality iPad pics. Actually going to use one of the proper cameras we have!

Anyway that concludes the update apart from to say my brother has finished all lower base boards and most track on the new layout including the first helix being completed. Maybe about 40% of track now down. Excited.com.

Edited by Andy7
  • Like 9