The Official Rapido APT-E Thread

rapidotrains

I know I shouldn't be critical as Locomotion Models has a small team with a mammoth task on their hands however the order in which the models are being dispatched does seem a bit random. The latest newsletter from Locomotion states that paid for DCC sound versions will be dispatched first followed by the DCC ready versions. I paid for my sound fitted version weeks ago (I never received an email asking me to pay but decided I should as other people were saying that they had received emails and therefore paid) which hasn't yet arrived yet people on here are taking delivery of their DCC ready versions.

Also, I'm rather concerned that these are turning up on peoples doorstep by surprise with no pre warning by the courier company or the ability to track. I'm away for a couple of weeks from this weekend and no doubt it will arrive early next. UPS will then try and re delver it 3 times (which means it will be unloaded and reloaded onto vans 3 times - more opportunity for it to get damaged) before finally storing it in their warehouse or even returning back to the sender!

• RMweb Gold

Mine arrived too this afternoon, no 81 - a DCC ready version. Sandra and her small team must be fairly well shattered already. I bet they will be pleased when they are all out. I must admit that if I was her I would not have told anyone that they had arrived until she and her team had them packed and they were ready to go. It might have saved her the additional hassle of impatient customers. BTW blown away by the model, even if I have to very seriously invoke Rule 1 to run it at home. Thanks to Rapido and all at Locomotion for having the bravery to produce such a wonderful and iconic model - and such VFM.

all the very best

Godfrey

• Like 2

Ok thanks for the replies .... seems I have somehow missed the email that was sent out ( ill be checking my junk mail box when I get home ) ..... I will just complete the payment then and hold my breath :)

Payment updated ......

as it was that long ago I seem to remember I ordered 2 extra coaches ..... would I have paid for these at the time as there was no option for this on the site ??

If you ordered coaches a long time ago online you will have paid for them already.

Cheers

Sandra

I know I shouldn't be critical as Locomotion Models has a small team with a mammoth task on their hands however the order in which the models are being dispatched does seem a bit random. The latest newsletter from Locomotion states that paid for DCC sound versions will be dispatched first followed by the DCC ready versions. I paid for my sound fitted version weeks ago (I never received an email asking me to pay but decided I should as other people were saying that they had received emails and therefore paid) which hasn't yet arrived yet people on here are taking delivery of their DCC ready versions.

Also, I'm rather concerned that these are turning up on peoples doorstep by surprise with no pre warning by the courier company or the ability to track. I'm away for a couple of weeks from this weekend and no doubt it will arrive early next. UPS will then try and re delver it 3 times (which means it will be unloaded and reloaded onto vans 3 times - more opportunity for it to get damaged) before finally storing it in their warehouse or even returning back to the sender!

I am at home now but please call my mobile 07766 785333 tonight if you want to.

Cheers

Sandra

Mine arrived too this afternoon, no 81 - a DCC ready version. Sandra and her small team must be fairly well shattered already. I bet they will be pleased when they are all out. I must admit that if I was her I would not have told anyone that they had arrived until she and her team had them packed and they were ready to go. It might have saved her the additional hassle of impatient customers. BTW blown away by the model, even if I have to very seriously invoke Rule 1 to run it at home. Thanks to Rapido and all at Locomotion for having the bravery to produce such a wonderful and iconic model - and such VFM.

all the very best

Godfrey

I was thinking the same thing for the next model!!

Got mine at last! met the lovely Sandra when I picked it up,had a laugh about my earlier constructive criticism on rmweb I would recommend ringing up if your collecting in person as I hit on lucky as there was some in main building already,took my time putting together,it's easy but a bit fiddly tilting the pins together follow instructions and tilt at 10degree angle,runs perfect,nice book with it.bought some cable case from B+Q to house it .happy days cheers locomotion and rapido I suppose ill have to order the hst now

Btw mine is number 415

• RMweb Premium

Everyone needs to be patient. Locomotion have a huge job sending them all out from their cupboard at Shildon. Given that Locomotion had a weekend at Ally Pally followed by York show the following weekend, I think you'll find Sandra hasn't had a day off for ages. We should all be thanking her for such dedication and hard work in getting the models out as fast as possible.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Going back to display options - 

I'm not too fussed about getting mine in a hurry, mainly because I've got nowhere to run it! It could shuttle backwards and forwards a foot or so on my shunting plank layout, but that's hardly going to do it justice. And I don't have a suitable test track either at the moment, as there isn't space in my study and work in the loft is nowhere near complete. I don't even have cabinet space for it when assembled - the longest shelf is around 30 inches, which isn't room for a four-car set. So it will stay in the box for a while, until circumstances change.

If you assemble the train as the 3-car set (minus TC-1), it measures a shade under 35 inches from nose to nose - and it sits nicely on a one yard of length of SMP or similar. Would be an excuse to put up a 3-foot shelf.

- Richard.

Everyone needs to be patient. Locomotion have a huge job sending them all out from their cupboard at Shildon. Given that Locomotion had a weekend at Ally Pally followed by York show the following weekend, I think you'll find Sandra hasn't had a day off for ages. We should all be thanking her for such dedication and hard work in getting the models out as fast as possible.

I agree.

Got mine today lovely model and very well packed

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Mine arrived last week, but I haven't had chance to take it out of the box - until now.

Here it is - especially for Kit - at it's birthplace.

post-408-0-23143200-1459444792_thumb.jpg

Just arriving back after a main line run

post-408-0-89805500-1459444795_thumb.jpg

And back on shed. (In a very small APD Lab building)

post-408-0-34093000-1459444798_thumb.jpg

Must crack on with the layout!

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 19

• RMweb Gold

There's only one Sandra....

• Like 2

Inspite of the email from UPS, mine has not yet arrived! I suspect that had the email as I am registered with UPS.

Checking the tracking information I see: -

Location   Sedgefield, United Kingdom

Date      Local Time Activity  

31/03/2016 17:36 Origin Scan  

31/03/2016 14:03 Collection Scan 

30/03/2016 16:22 Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Therefore the estimated delivery was a little ambitious. Now expecting it tomorrow!!!!

Terry

BTW I am located in rural Berkshire!

Edited by Dublodad

I do hope all the hassle Locomotion models are receiving on here from people being so impatient or jumping up and down because they've changed their minds at the last minute about which model they now want wont put them off producing such excellent products in the future, Don't be surprised if Sandra ends up seeking employment elsewhere!  

I for one am super impressed with the whole system from start to finish, a massive thumbs up to all involved, Hope you get some much needed time off soon.

Regards Peter.

• Like 1

My oh My

Some of the comment`s on here remind me of "Little kids in a toy store being told they can`t have the latest super duper transformamegablockotron thingy"

People need to take a chill pill and relax

If I remember it`s just Sandra and Stuart in the packing/shipping department at shildon

They`ve just received over 2000 boxes of APT`s and extra coaches

Each set has to be wrapped / packed and boxed up then marry the payments to it and addressed to it`s recipient

Try to remember they aren`t Amazon they don`t have 30 odd distribution centres with countless staff on hand to do it all for them

Yes it`s been along time coming but the end is in sight we will all get what we paid for in the end

And yes there maybe the odd mistake made but it`s not the "END OF THE WORLD"

And coming on here and lambasting Locomotion is certainly not the way to go

I like most will patiently await the arrival of my set

So to all those running about like headless chickens I say

"Take a deep breath and relax"

If you have paid for it , it will arrive

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

My ribs still hurt from reading the booklet - too funny, but I digress it's a beauty. Went together quite easily - I didn't have to resort using a sledge hammer to get the connectors fully home  :jester:  :jester:

post-7000-0-75692900-1459449069_thumb.jpg

post-7000-0-69407900-1459449128_thumb.jpg

post-7000-0-96081900-1459449145_thumb.jpg

I may have to make a slight tweak to the track work at one end of the layout as there's an intermittent derailing issue at one end of the layout between two sets of points - though I've been meaning to look at for some time.

• Like 3

In no rush,... as long as it arrives by Christmas in time to shove on the bay.. :)

Best to let the team just get on with it, the more interruptions, the longer it will take to get them out. It will come good for all in the end. Well done to the team for managing this mammoth task, maybe next time perhaps there maybe a few volunteers to help out if it was appropriate. I'd put myself forward, after all it's all for a great cause.

In no rush,... as long as it arrives by Christmas in time to shove on the bay.. :)

Best to let the team just get on with it, the more interruptions, the longer it will take to get them out. It will come good for all in the end. Well done to the team for managing this mammoth task, maybe next time perhaps there maybe a few volunteers to help out if it was appropriate. I'd put myself forward, after all it's all for a great cause.

I'll remember this statement.....I may just take you up on that next time around!

• Like 1

Had a good read of Jason's instruction manual and had a good laugh. It seems straightforward to assemble the set. However I'm confused with the additional parts bag. Are these in case bits fall off or are to be fitted but to where. Even more puzzled with what looks like a pantograph. Any help would be appreciated.