Bachmann's Latest Collectors Club Model

Guest spet0114

There have already been two Heljan versions of that livery, One original and the Limited edition from RailExpress of the Virgin Heritage Livery, will stick to my Heljan models as I prefer them anyway.

Mr B

Didn't D1733 only have the red cabside double arrow panels for the publicity shots? I read that they were removed afterwards (self adhesive?) so it never actually ran in service with them. I have to admit, it did look much more attractive with the splash of red than just the blue...

Didn't D1733 only have the red cabside double arrow panels for the publicity shots? I read that they were removed afterwards (self adhesive?) so it never actually ran in service with them. I have to admit, it did look much more attractive with the splash of red than just the blue...

Although not the best of pictures, it certainly did...

Seen on a Bournemouth to Manchester service

post-732-0-31594700-1480185434.jpg

• Like 2

As a post privatisation modern image collector really disappointed with yet another obscure release from the Bachmann Collectors Club following on from the Class 20 Redmire & Class 08 Spectre because like this new one nobody will really care, way too niche & irrelevant apart from a few who will buy this.

The only decent recent release was WCRC Class 37 & coaches thus would have been great to follow up with a decent WCRC 47/8 instead of relying on ageing Vitrains models off ebay, must say even a Class 37 EuroPheonix would have been a superb Collectors Club edition but we can only dream.

Edited by classy52

Guest spet0114

Isn't that the whole point? The 'mainstream' models belong in the Bachmann main range, not the Collectors Club, where no more than 504 folk can ever own any particular model.

• Like 1

I think D1733 only ran with the emblems on the cab sides for publicity photos and film with the XP64 stock. The emblems were then removed and it ran in normal service, possibly for a few years, without them, before being repainted.

5976987451_0d8c9c031e_z.jpgD1733_Oxley_5-3-67 by Robert Carroll, on Flickr

D1733 did actually run in service with the Red paper panels attached, until they fell off, for at least 2 months after it was launched to the press. I can well remember seeing it 'failed' on Oxford shed on 1st July 1964 as it was my birthday!  It was a regular on The Pines Express ande somewhere I have a black & white photo of it entering Oxford station on such a working. I also have a few colour shots of it with the panels attached which I will post later but they also appear on my Brush Veteran Flickr site.

And, believe it or not, not everybody models WCRC.

Absolutely agree hence why I also mentioned Europheonix, maybe Bachmann could have considered modelling something from HNRC or some other rail leasing company but hey we are all entitled to our opinions & I suppose selfishness to what we would want. I just don't think this will sell that well and will still be on the list 12 months from now like the Class 08 & 20 currently up there.

Please note the WCRC Class 37 & Class37/Coach set by Bachmann's latest post are nearly sold out so yeah maybe there are quite a few people are modelling WCRC and again why a WCRC 47/8 may have been a wise choice if a 47 was the only class to be considered for the next collectors model.

Guest spet0114

....if a 47 was the only class to be considered for the next collectors model.

Maybe it wasn't.

Maybe, after a present-day (Class 37) and a pair of 80s/90s releases (08 and 20), they decided to go for a 60s prototype. Let's face it, the transition period is a popular one and if it were a steam engine then we might not even be having this debate.

Phew, not on my want list, wallett gives a sigh of relief

Me too Philip! I took my club card with me living on hope of something steam related. Considering the last two diesels have struggled to sell we might have got something different this time. From my point of view there has been nothing decent out of the collectors club for years. Membership is definatly not getting reviewed next year

• RMweb Gold

I wouldnt be so hasty to write off steam... the Webb coal tank is coming, and the production model is LNWR plain Black, if i were a betting man i'd put my chips on a 1054 Ala Dinting /Rainhill 1980's lined LNWR livery coming out as a collectors model somewhere. (I did ask but they weren't giving that info away).

(What a difference a day makes.. 24 hours ago i was dissapointed it looked as if this model was going to be modern too, but a few minutes in the collectors club Den having seen what's coming I'm full of optimism !), and I want that XP47 too !

Edited by adb968008

As a post privatisation modern image collector really disappointed with yet another obscure release from the Bachmann Collectors Club following on from the Class 20 Redmire & Class 08 Spectre because like this new one nobody will really care, way too niche & irrelevant apart from a few who will buy this.

The only decent recent release was WCRC Class 37 & coaches thus would have been great to follow up with a decent WCRC 47/8 instead of relying on ageing Vitrains models off ebay, must say even a Class 37 EuroPheonix would have been a superb Collectors Club edition but we can only dream.

Well, that's one of the most selfish things I've seen for a long time . A poo coloured clapped out 47 is probably a bit " niche " and " obscure " for anyone not into poo coloured things .

Get a standard 47 and respray it....it's only one colour ....ah, oh, your a collector...

• Like 1