Bachmann's Latest Collectors Club Model

Guest spet0114

• RMweb Premium

General rule of thumb is usually a new coat of paint on an existing tooling, usually one that is in production for catalogue models at the time (i.e. if a batch of Class 37's is being made then they allocate a run at the same time to a Collectors Club model) which now I come to think about it would explain the paucity of N gauge models as the production of Farish N stuff is noticeable slower than Bachmann's OO stuff.

I wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't come out when Bachmann do the next run of 66's which are due next year. Wether it's a club model or for the NRM who knows. I would like a WCRC 47 myself and think a ltd run of these would sell well enough.

Thanks

Mark

• RMweb Premium

WCRC 47 is dead easy,

Just take a blue one and dip it in sleeper grime.

Seriously though, it's such an easy livery to respray would they waste a ltd edition slot on it ?

They've just done it with a 37...................

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

Cheers,

Mick

Best reason not to do it in my book.

As I have said before, I get fed up with the number of releases that are not mainstream liveries. If we are to have a post-steam model, I would be in favour of a more common livery.

Given the NSE theme this year, I wonder if it will be something slong those lines?

Roy

As I have said before, I get fed up with the number of releases that are not mainstream liveries. If we are to have a post-steam model, I would be in favour of a more common livery.

Given the NSE theme this year, I wonder if it will be something slong those lines?

Roy

But what could they do that they haven't already done/announced?

Shunter - done

Main line loco - done

DMU - on the way

EMU - just released

Coaches - done this year

Even wagons in NSE livery have been announced.....

• RMweb Gold

But what could they do that they haven't already done/announced?

Shunter - done

Main line loco - done

DMU - on the way

EMU - just released

Coaches - done this year

Even wagons in NSE livery have been announced.....

Assuming it's modern image.

Steam is a bit over due in my opinion..

MLV (sold out)

WCRC 37 (still available)

08 (1980/90s) (still available)

Blue class 20 (still available)

Sealink coaches (still available)

Exhibition coach (still available)

WCRC Pullman coach (still available)

NCB brake van (still available)

Other steam has been the :

J11 (sold out)

LBSC E4 (sold out)

Patriot (still available)

so I don't think the modern image guys can't complain too much, especially when it's not sold out.

But what for steam ? Looking at recent releases, preserved Crab maybe ?,other releases are 9f, pannier, std 4mt, USA tanks ?

Maybe a wickham trolley maybe BR green or LMR blue, or a st trinians version ?

Though i'm still thinking (wishing) 40106 will appear at some point.

Edited by adb968008

Easy target youngster ! :)

I'm in favour of great western ETH namer from the 80s like 47500 great western or Great Britain or similar....

Heljan did SS Great Britain in blue so I'd be surprised if Bachmann did the same one unless they picked a different livery

Roy

Isn't the point of Limited Editions to make available items that aren't mainstream? They are mainly intended for collectors hence them being in the Collectors Club.

I would quite like Spectre as I used to pass it nearly everyday when it was stored at Allerton. Can I justify paying £95 + P&P and £29 membership fee for a RTR model of a diesel shunter? No.

Jason

Cheers,

Mick

Yes, for got that. In view of that , I consider it very unlikely they will do anything sludge brown again in near future.

The ltd ed loadhaul 37s still attract decent money on eBay - so I'd maybe consider something like that.Although this period is not currently a trendy one for modelling it seems