Bachmann's Latest Collectors Club Model

Guest spet0114

What about an industrial liveried locomotive, sold out of BR service? With the interest in the Hornby Pecketts, are there any easy re liveries available to release in the Bachmann range to cash in on the industrial interest? I know many 08s and 03s made it to industrial use, but what about steamers outside of the three that I can think of that have already been done; two as BCC releases and one from Modelzone?

What about an industrial liveried locomotive, sold out of BR service? With the interest in the Hornby Pecketts, are there any easy re liveries available to release in the Bachmann range to cash in on the industrial interest? I know many 08s and 03s made it to industrial use, but what about steamers outside of the three that I can think of that have already been done; two as BCC releases and one from Modelzone?

Maybe, but it would rather limit its geographical appeal I'd think

Apart from the lack of a big announcement today, not that it was ever on the amendable, a pleasant if wet day. Thanks to Bachmann for organizing the day for us and a big thank you to our hosts the East Lancashire Railway. The guided tour of the artiste and engine sheds was informative and entertaining, almost made me forget the rain running down the back of my neck.

The Collectors Club brake an will go well with the newly released Austerities from Dave Jones so good timing.

A last thanks to the two guys who let me loose on the steam shutter, my first ever train driving experience , in full scale.

Limited geographical area never stopped any manufacturer before!

A Network Southeast 03 is about as limited as I can think of and the recent Malcolm liveried 08!

Mark Saunders

Other than the fact network south east encompassed the most populated area of the country and its colours were seen from Plymouth to Birmingham to Kings Lynn to ramsgate.........

But something with ' bye eck colliery ' written on it, can only be used in er.....bye eck colliery :)

Anyway it's a mute point now....here's , er, a break van...

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Other than the fact network south east encompassed the most populated area of the country and its colours were seen from Plymouth to Birmingham to Kings Lynn to ramsgate.........

Well yes the livery itself was widespread, but isn't a NSE liveried 03 rather limited to the Isle of Wight? I don't think 03's were very common by the time NSE livery came in.

The Collectors Club brake an will go well with the newly released Austerities from Dave Jones so good timing.

A last thanks to the two guys who let me loose on the steam shutter, my first ever train driving experience , in full scale.

? perhaps a mis-understanding, this is a brake van used internally at a colliery. Mark can explain more about how they were used.

Paul

This is an NCB van from Ashington fleet and were used on the internal trains between Lynemouth and Ashington with the class 14's and towards the closure of the system with hired BR 08's plus BR train crew on trips from Lynemouth prior to closure of Ashington Colliery!

These vans were working over BR metals from Woodhorn Colliery to Hirst Jct which formed part of the route from Ashington to Lynemouth!

Mark Saunders

• Like 1

Well yes the livery itself was widespread, but isn't a NSE liveried 03 rather limited to the Isle of Wight? I don't think 03's were very common by the time NSE livery came in.

Think you maybe right....

Can't get excited about a brake van.

Would have liked the inspection saloon in regional railways.....but I guess I'm a majority of one for that

Can't get excited about a brake van.

Wrong!

There's brake vans and there's brake vans.

I'm glad someone is pleased. Hopefully they haven't made too many though. I doubt it will tick boxes for a lot of people.

Bachmann have more than enough of a backlog to catch up on. This looks like a sensible choice to me. All the better to catch up on long promised things like the SECR birdcage coaches and the H2 Atlantic than to have a big splash with something new.

• RMweb Premium

Although to be fair most of Bachmann's collector specials have been re-liveries of existing toolings, usually ones that are being produced as standard production runs at the same time so the probably don't impact much if at all on their development schedule of new products.

The NCB Brake Van is very niche market, can't see this one being a speedy seller somehow.

Is it not more of a collectors thing than to be used though? If you get my drift. 

My other hobby is Toy Soldiers and what they do (William Britain) is produce 5 figures from their most popular lines and you get to choose one as your membership figure. Wonder if Bachmann could do this. Surely there has to be enough model railway fans as there is toy soldier collectors to make it feasible.? 

Bachmann will have some idea of the sales potential of this, knowing how well the triple packs of NCB 16 ton mineral wagons sold. That may have had some bearing on the choice.

It was a pity the NCB Manvers liveried 04 disappeared from the catalogue! When Hattons produced the Ashington class14 in Philadelphia blue livery it was all sold at list price!

Mark Saunders

Is it not more of a collectors thing than to be used though? If you get my drift. 

My other hobby is Toy Soldiers and what they do (William Britain) is produce 5 figures from their most popular lines and you get to choose one as your membership figure. Wonder if Bachmann could do this. Surely there has to be enough model railway fans as there is toy soldier collectors to make it feasible.? 

That's a good idea; Personally I would prefer the Collectors Club model to be something I can actually use, ie in BR livery.