Bachmann's Latest Collectors Club Model

Guest spet0114

Thanks :) I've had an order sitting there for a week as "order received". Was just curious.

All of my past orders have as their status "order received". All but the latest have been long since delivered.

I ordered the Standard 4MT loco on 4th June and have still not received it, but being in France delivery can be erratic, although rarely more than 10 days.

All of my past orders have as their status "order received". All but the latest have been long since delivered.

I ordered the Standard 4MT loco on 4th June and have still not received it, but being in France delivery can be erratic, although rarely more than 10 days.

You can say that again. Sometimes things get here within a few days, other times it is up to 3 weeks. Their rules on what is a small letter packet are different to the UK too. "No monsieur, you cannot have a letter packet thicker than 3cm, please use Colisimmo which is 6 times more expensive". Me: "I only sending a packet of sweets less than 100 grams and I'm not paying 12 euros to post that"

Been meaning to join the club for years, and after seen the new 4MT I finally have. :locomotive:

You won't regret it I've been a member from 2002 I think and have enjoyed collecting the wagons although I'm not sure if the latest one is any use as its one that could have been

Thanks

Alan

And welcome aboard

• RMweb Premium

I think the interest (well my interest at least) would be brake vans to fit with the locos

GCR Pom Pom

GCR 2-8-0 Robinson  (OK I know this is an NRM special not a collectors club one)

SECR C Class

The wagons then become the filler in a very nice sandwich.

I think the interest (well my interest at least) would be brake vans to fit with the locos

GCR Pom Pom

GCR 2-8-0 Robinson  (OK I know this is an NRM special not a collectors club one)

SECR C Class

The wagons then become the filler in a very nice sandwich.

Spot on, there! We have a Midland brake van to go with the Midland 0-6-0. What is particularly appealing about GCR and SECR brake vans is that the Club has produced wagons to fill the sandwich. Naturally, the wagons in a train hauled by (e.g.) a Midland loco will not all be Midland wagons. With wagons from other companies and PO wagons, we can get something that starts to resemble the sort of thing a Midland loco might have hauled.

What would appeal to me a heck of a lot would be a pre-grouping RCH wagon. So many of the later sort are produced year after year in different liveries, I would have thought that a relatively simple tooling would pay dividends.

Poor deluded soul that I am, I clearly don’t understand the market.

I would pay good money for a SECR dancehall brake from Bachmann. Personally I'd like a Farish version.

There are a few reasons this would be a good candidate for a model.

1. Long lived vehicle with liveries from pre grouping to BR blue.

2. Multiple versions with different end arrangements to model.

3. A preserved vehicle at the bluebell. (Useful for scanning or modelling)

4. Existing stock available to use with it.

5. Enough liveries to warrant a collectors club edition.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I understand that desire in N but in 00 we already have very good kits in plastic for the less adept like me and in brass for the more adept modeller.

A better choice (and absolutely necessary for the green versions of the C Class) would be an older van.  The Dance Hall was brought in on the cusp of grouping and is only suitable for the grey livery versions.

I would pay good money for a SECR dancehall brake from Bachmann. Personally I'd like a Farish version.

There are a few reasons this would be a good candidate for a model.

1. Long lived vehicle with liveries from pre grouping to BR blue.

2. Multiple versions with different end arrangements to model.

3. A preserved vehicle at the bluebell. (Useful for scanning or modelling)

4. Existing stock available to use with it.

5. Enough liveries to warrant a collectors club edition.

I was mainly thinking big 4 but how nice it would be to have more rolling stock from before the big 4 although it seems to be comming in small drips so one can dream of having a Glasgow and sough west brake van

Thanks

Alan

I understand that desire in N but in 00 we already have very good kits in plastic for the less adept like me and in brass for the more adept modeller.

A better choice (and absolutely necessary for the green versions of the C Class) would be an older van. The Dance Hall was brought in on the cusp of grouping and is only suitable for the grey livery versions.

That's sadly the problem in N. If I was modelling the SECR in 00 I'd have a large range of kits available. That's why now days I'm more interested in Bachmann and DJM as they are most likely to produce them in dual scales. However I think edge of pre grouping is as good as your going to get rtr.

EDIT: I don't expect the rtr manufacturers to produce exactly what I want in such a low volume market. I chose to model this and I've made peace with it. If the rtr guys throw me the odd bone now and then, great! If not, no problem. If everything was rtr then I'd be an assembler not a modeller. I'm perfectly happy with this arrangement :)

Edited by Mr chapman

• RMweb Premium

Interesting, four of the BCC limited editions have appeared on Hatton's website today as new stock for sale:

31-210K - Patriot 45505 in BR Black

32-035K - 20172 Redmire in BR blue with TE red stripe

32-106K - 08601 Spectre in LMS Black

Plus the 2015 Club tank wagon.

I wonder if any other retailers are helping Bachmann to sell these off.

Interesting, four of the BCC limited editions have appeared on Hatton's website today as new stock for sale:

31-210K - Patriot 45505 in BR Black

32-035K - 20172 Redmire in BR blue with TE red stripe

32-106K - 08601 Spectre in LMS Black

Plus the 2015 Club tank wagon.

I wonder if any other retailers are helping Bachmann to sell these off.

I just wounder if the reason that hattons are selling these is because the members don't want them or is the market no where near what Bachmann believe it is

Thanks

Alan

I just wounder if the reason that hattons are selling these is because the members don't want them or is the market no where near what Bachmann believe it is

Thanks

Alan

For what it’s worth and bearing in mind that I look for excuses not to buy stuff:

31-210K - Patriot 45505 in BR Black:– I didn’t want one because they are so much nicer in red!

32-035K - 20172 Redmire in BR blue with TE red stripe:– I didn’t want another Class 20 without lights.

32-106K - 08601 Spectre in LMS Black:– Beautiful model. I couldn’t resist it. Runs like a dream on DCC with a Hatton’s direct-fit 8-pin decoder and on DC. I suppose my opinion is in the minority as usual.

For what it’s worth and bearing in mind that I look for excuses not to buy stuff:

31-210K - Patriot 45505 in BR Black:– I didn’t want one because they are so much nicer in red!

32-035K - 20172 Redmire in BR blue with TE red stripe:– I didn’t want another Class 20 without lights.

32-106K - 08601 Spectre in LMS Black:– Beautiful model. I couldn’t resist it. Runs like a dream on DCC with a Hatton’s direct-fit 8-pin decoder and on DC. I suppose my opinion is in the minority as usual.

And how many others feel the same way one of the ways I look at what I want to model is will it fit in and can I afford it if both are yes the great but there has been models I have no interest in and one of the eras I model is 1960s upto the end of steam so that I can run steam diesel and electrics with a very big range of items available and I try and include preserved in there as well so that if a club iteam wouldn't normaly run I can say it's preserved example

Thanks

Alan

• RMweb Gold

And how many others feel the same way one of the ways I look at what I want to model is will it fit in and can I afford it if both are yes the great but there has been models I have no interest in and one of the eras I model is 1960s upto the end of steam so that I can run steam diesel and electrics with a very big range of items available and I try and include preserved in there as well so that if a club iteam wouldn't normaly run I can say it's preserved example

Thanks

Alan

Then the recent Collectors Club editions as a "transition" modeller will suit you very well indeed....the blue XP 64 D1733 and the newest special ...4MT 75075.Here I will give this latter an unashamed plug.I don't usually appreciate factory weathered models but this one with its authentic delicately applied graffiti and tastefully applied "muck" and calcium deposits that do not look like pigeon droppings is a must..I wasn't going to buy but when I saw it on display at Quorn last weekend,it was irresistible.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks

Alan

If it's like me...

I'm in the club, price rose beyond its value to me, so I sat and waited

Ultimately I just paid £120 for my patriot elsewhere, and £60 for the 08.

I wonder if part of the solution was part of the problem..

Often many models instantly sold out, only to appear on ebay a few weeks later with a nice premium on the previous price tag.

Bachmanns prices have risen significantly, in similar ranges to that ebay premium price point.

I presume them cashing in for a deal and selling on ebay have walked away seeing no benefit, leaving locos on the clubs shelves that otherwise used to sell.

I hope I'm wrong, but It could be bad for us all, as maybe without them, and less sales means less club locos in the future.

Though another argument could be the choice of prototypes, the pre-grouping liveries were very successful, more recently there's been a bunch of modern image (RM MLV, WC 37, 08, xp47, 20, 3 different lots of >1970s coaches & there seems to be much of it in stock.

On the steam side there's only been the Patriot, which may be a bit niche, and I felt it was a bit expensive, and the 4MT, which again I find to be niche and expensive, but this one probably appeals to a number of BR 60's steam fans and it's been weathered exceptionally well.

I do hope they will do a 1980's "Dinting" lnwr lined black coal tank at some point.

Edited by adb968008

• 2 weeks later...

A while ago I was wanting the LMS liveried shunter as I saw the real one quite a bit. Purely for nostalgic reasons as I don't really model "modern image" much now. Even though it's now available elsewhere, with the 20% discount it made sense to give this a go.

Joined on Friday. Received my first order yesterday and the Horlicks wagon today. A very happy bunny indeed.

I just hope those rumours about lined Coal Tanks and LBSC Brighton Atlantics are true. ;)

Jason

A little review of the latest Club Model, the "End of Southern Steam" Class 4MT, No. 75075, which turned up the other day. The weathering on this model really is quite something, certainly the best on an RTR model I've personally seen to date Really glad I joined up, and looking forward to the magazines.  :locomotive: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9hMMwCFpwk

post-20663-0-25365200-1499267641_thumb.gif

Edited by SDJR7F88