12 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

Count me among the congratulators, Rob.  You are an inspiration to those of us who model RTR 00!

I'll add my congrats, especially as this was the best show standard I've been to in a long time.

I guess you are well informed to know the best place to celebrate in Cardiff.

TONY

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, colin penfold said:

Your thread is becoming somewhat rammed with congratulatory messages Rob. I feel a bit sheepish about my failure to join in, and I dont want to let others hog it. Well done ewe!

What a woolly reply...

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
On 27/10/2019 at 20:23, NHY 581 said:

and then this happened...

20191027_151223-01.jpeg

I am extremely pleased to see you receive well-deserved recognition, but don't you just get a tiny bit irritated when someone plonks large pieces of timber in one's fiddle yard without first contacting the signalman to block the line properly?

By the look on the driver's face on that Radial, I'd say that he was expecting a couple of sausage rolls or a plate of apple pie.

Grassington Common.

• Like 2
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

I am extremely pleased to see you receive well-deserved recognition, but don't you just get a tiny bit irritated when someone plonks large pieces of timber in one's fiddle yard without first contacting the signalman to block the line properly?

By the look on the driver's face on that Radial, I'd say that he was expecting a couple of sausage rolls or a plate of apple pie.

Grassington Common.

Thank you CK. It is a bit large. We are currently sat under it in the garden having a quiet glass or two. 

Nempnett Thrubwell.

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I'm confused now.

I had assumed that the trophy shield type thing that Rob was awarded was for Best in Show, but on the Taunton exhibition thread, I see that Rob is congratulating 'Bewdley' for Best in Show.

So what's the situation, please?

• RMweb Gold

The award, as far as I can recall, had nothing to do with chairs. Others have said there wasn't enough. However, the Chair Man always seemed to be busy. 

In other news, The Memsahib tells me I have a parcel. This may well be a small diesel. 

Rob. 

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

How small?

Very....

2 hours ago, BlackRat said:

I thought it was for 'Best Saturday boy performance in the paint cupboard' award?

No. Definitely not........you naughty boy......

• RMweb Gold
50 minutes ago, Alister_G said:

I hope you've not been Rustin to an impulse purchase, have you?

Al

Poirot.jpg

• Funny 3