• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, exmoordave said:

Stunning work Rob! Could be another award in the offing??? How about it???!!! 

Hope you and yours are safe and well

All the best,

exmoordave

Morning Dave. 

Yes, we are all well, thank you. 

Award? 

We shall have see about that !! 

I shall of course keep you up to date with progress on the latest venture and all being well, I shall see you next year. 

Rob. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Further exhaustive testing of the track and power feeds perchance? :D

Ahem...cough....er..........maybe.......

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, MrWolf said:

I like the way you manage to create a sense of space in such small layouts.

It's really coming alive now.

Hi Rob, 

Thank you. I think keeping things to a minimum definately helps.  Small, low buildings that don't overpower the scene add to the illusion as well. 

Rob. 

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Hi Rob, 

Thank you. I think keeping things to a minimum definately helps.  Small, low buildings that don't overpower the scene add to the illusion as well. 

Rob. 

I took a leaf out of your book with my own layout, the only two storey building is the crossing keepers house. 

It does perform two functions though, one is to hide the exit to the eastern fiddle yard and the other is to give a sense of place, even if it is borrowed from the Shropshire & Montgomery Railway.

This will eventually be balanced out with a stand of trees disguising the exit to the western fiddle yard.

Rob

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Ah ha - ex SNCF 16t Minerals - how interesting

https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/brsncfmineral

Six out of the seven wagons in the train of that type, too, whereas they usually only cropped up in ones and twos. That suggests to me that they had been gathered together for a specific load to which the cupboard doors were particularly suited. Sugar beet, perhaps? 

Six wagons, out of only 7,000 built (there were a quarter of a million dia. 1/108, by comparison) turning up in one place at the same time, just has to be more than coincidence...

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

1 hour ago, Tim Dubya said:

:good:

according to 'First Generation diesels inScreenshot_20211107-152003-443.png.ffaa75cbbebbce2aaad2748e48867370.png

According to 'First Generation Diesels in East Anglia, this is an Elingham sand train. The wagons are unusual as they were built for use in France after D Day.

This photo is also in 'Diesels in East Anglia.' Just wish Dr Allen had dated his photos as they are a fantastic resource for East Anglian modellers, particularly of the 50s and 60s.

Martyn

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 6