Dapol 00 Gauge LSWR B4

ndg910

..... obviously not ............... they're probably just a figment of someone's imagination  -  after all the B4 was said to be at the CAD stage when this thread started in April 2015 !

They CADs were shown at the Open Day last October, and club members have been placing orders for the club special so the figment may materialise this side of the next Open day if we are lucky.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The Dapol website says the B4 is 'in tooling' and "Completion Expected Q1 2017". I suspect that means tooling will be completed then rather than the model but we live in hope.

No details for any other OO products in development unfortunately.

http://Dapol.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=781_784_793

Edited by ndg910

So what happened to the OO gauge railcar?

Which one. The BR Class 122 railcar is expected in March with the Class 121 about 3 months later according to recent updates in the Dapol Digest. The GWR Railcar has been delayed as painted samples were not accurate and have had to go back to China for reworking. All 3 have tooling completed.

The Dapol website says the B4 is 'in tooling' and "Completion Expected Q1 2017". I suspect that means tooling will be completed then rather than the model but we live in hope.

No details for any other OO products in development unfortunately.

http://Dapol.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=781_784_793

The Dapol Digest forum has more info on the B4 progress. Dapol advised 2 weeks ago on that forum, that the final CADs had been agreed and the model was in the toolroom. The first EP is expected towards the end of March

• Like 1

The Dapol Digest forum has more info on the B4 progress. Dapol advised 2 weeks ago on that forum, that the final CADs had been agreed and the model was in the toolroom. The first EP is expected towards the end of March

So "Completion Expected : End Q1 2017" is probably just a wee bit ambitious !!?! ( even 'completion' of the design )

• 1 month later...

Both the B4 and the GWR railcar 'prototypes' were on display at Ally Pally over the weekend.  Both look very good, the B4 has 3 cab variations and the railcar has GWR and BR livery variants.

Both the B4 and the GWR railcar 'prototypes' were on display at Ally Pally over the weekend.  Both look very good, the B4 has 3 cab variations and the railcar has GWR and BR livery variants.

Any pictures of the B4 prorotype? By prototype do you mean a physical EP or CAD image?

First tooling shots look very promising. Can't wait for this loco to be released , Another of Adams fine locomotives to add to my fleet of LSWR / Southern locos. Actually I am more excited about this than I was of the recently released Merchant Navy in original condition.

I am still hoping that someone will do the Adams T3 that was part of the National Collection, but now that it looks like its going to the Swanage Railway maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up. Here's a thought, perhaps the Swanage Railway could commission a manufacturer to do a ready to run T3 with part of the proceeds from sales going towards restoration of the real loco.

Cheers,

Chris

Looks pretty good to me! Thanks for sharing.

Really excited to see this progress. I used to watch one of them- latterly 30096 or 30102 - trundle around the yard at Winchester. On a related topic does anyone know where the crew was based- Winchester or Eastleigh? The loco used to swap over on Friday evening. Did the crew deliver the current shunter to Eastleigh and immediately drive the other loco back to Winchester? Memory is hazy but I remember many times seeing the move to Eastleigh running light engine down the main line on a Friday evening. I'm guessing it got overtaken at Shawford by any number of faster trains!

Norm

• Like 1

• 1 month later...