New model from Bachmann

geordie inexile

They could do an authentic 142, bad running, always late and a crap interior. Oh yes, forgot, in Northern livery  :jester:

How would they get it to bounce up and down realistically?  And is there a sound chip with screeching wheels on anything other than straight track?

Edited; lazy spelling.

Well,  IF  I remember correctly Bachmann "cancelled" the announcement of a Southern/Southern region model (S.15 ????) because Hornby announced one,  so the Southern/Southern region is "owed" a model (?????)

Most DEMUs were southern region.

There are three "obvious" choices ;

1:  A 3 car version of the Kernow 2-H 

2:  One of the "Hastings Units" (LOTS of liveries, and they wandered all over the country)

3:  An "Oxted unit"

So it will probably be a 19th century steam engine.

Well,  IF  I remember correctly Bachmann "cancelled" the announcement of a Southern/Southern region model (S.15 ????) because Hornby announced one,  so the Southern/Southern region is "owed" a model (?????)

If we are talking about being owed, I'm "owed" some decent GWR mainline and suburban coaching stock  :angry: lol

The advert does state revealing latest model rather than announcing so does this mean a physical model ready to sell? Collectors club mag due start of June and outline of cl150 does suggest something for the collectors club to me at least! They have previous for this as well they once sent an email for the collectors club with the outline of a class 47 and the model turned out to be a class 47!

Mark

Most DEMUs were southern region.

There are three "obvious" choices ;

1:  A 3 car version of the Kernow 2-H 

2:  One of the "Hastings Units" (LOTS of liveries, and they wandered all over the country)

3:  An "Oxted unit"

... or combining their EPB and (Kernow) 2H mouldings to produce a 2 HAP?

The Man Who Announced a Steam Locomotive at a DEMU Showcase would make a great HM Bateman cartoon.  :D 

I'll continue to hold that candle for something London Underground on the basis of the blank section for LT stock on an older Bachmann stock listing. Not that it'll be that. Wickham Trolley?

I've noticed a sudden rush of the former Trains 4u original livery Class 150 turning up on eBay recently.  The livery hasn't been released in the revised model yet.

I wonder if that is what will be announced on the 30th and someone has had a tip-off?

What about an 07 shunter? I recall Dave Jones saying that another manufacturer had already been showing more than enough interest in producing a model and that he felt that this was enough of a reason not to add it to the DJM portfolio??? I can but hope!

In the past they have announced Collectors' Club models at their members' event in connection with a heritage railway.

This year their event is at the Great Central Railway on Friday June 19 - Sunday June 21.

It would be interesting to see if they have two Collectors' Club models this year - one steam, one not.

I don't have the Model Rail issue in question, so I'll just have to follow along here.

Bachmann said

The Great Central Model Event being held on the 19th to 21st June is not organised by Bachmann and is a general model railway event staged by the Great Central Railway and Soar Valley Model Railway Club. Bachmann and the Bachmann Collectors Club will share a stand at the event and the announcement to which you refer is not linked in any way to this exhibition. Bachmann are one of the sponsors of the Great Central event.

At previous Club Members Days, which have been held on Heritage Railways, the 2013 event at the Bluebell Railway saw the announcement of the H2 Brighton Atlantic and in 2014 at the Keighley & Worth Valley Railway the Webb Coal tank was outlined. Both these are general catalogue items and are not limited edition models.

These events are held in late Summer and details of the next event will be published in the next issue of the Bachmann Times due to hit the door mats in early June. That issue will also contain information on the next limited edition Bachmann Collectors Club models which will be available exclusively to members after publication.

Dennis Lovett

Public Relations Manager

Bachmann Europe Plc

A 323 would get my vote as well.  Lots of liveries, quite a good operating spread from Liverpool and Manchester to Northampton, coming up to 20 years old, and just two different body mouldings to worry about.  Plus they make great sounds...

I'm a bit confused as to why people think its anything other than a 150. The silhouette is of a class 150. Are Bachmann completely trying to fool everyone? If it's not a 150 ill eat my hat.*

*Disclaimer: I don't own a hat.

I'm a bit confused as to why people think its anything other than a 150. The silhouette is of a class 150. Are Bachmann completely trying to fool everyone? If it's not a 150 ill eat my hat.*

*Disclaimer: I don't own a hat.

If you send me a PM with your postal address I'll supply you with one.

Regards

Take a closer look at the silhouette of the DMU in Bachmann's advert on page 35 of the June Model Rail.

Each coach looks longer than those of a class 150.

Need another clue? - Hornby seem to have missed a chance to put a new modern chassis under and inherited model.

Still need a further clue? Perhaps my photo attached may help.

A real pity it's not a 4-SUB or a 4-BEP!

post-26201-0-44514500-1431029630_thumb.jpg

Archived