New model from Bachmann

geordie inexile

• RMweb Gold

There seems to be a bit of confusion perhaps?

They have announced in an advert that something will be announced at the DEMU showcase (the advert has a silhouette of a class 150) .

There was also an announcement in the latest collectors club e-mail that the next collectors club magazine will include details of the next collectors club models, one of which will include something which has not been seen on a collectors club model before

I take it that the announcements are about different models

There seems to be a bit of confusion perhaps?

They have announced in an advert that something will be announced at the DEMU showcase (the advert has a silhouette of a class 150) .

There was also an announcement in the latest collectors club e-mail that the next collectors club magazine will include details of the next collectors club models, one of which will include something which has not been seen on a collectors club model before

I take it that the announcements are about different models

Reading the Club email carefully it states that "One of these items will also be available with an exciting new feature not seen on a Collectors Club Model" 

This suggests to me that the feature may be optional on the Club model and, as Ryde-on-time points out, has little to do with the new product announcement due at DEMU on the 30th May which, as has also been suggested by 40F, bears no relationship to a silhouette of a class 150.

Regardless of whether any new items appeal to me personally, I always find it interesting to see a manufacturers outlook.

RP

Bachmann admitted that their latest catalogue would have included a J15, but Hornby beat them to it. I wonder if the new announcement will be another steam loco, to replace the J15?

I thought that it was the S-15 that was "gazumped" by Hornby, not a J-15.

I thought that it was the S-15 that was "gazumped" by Hornby, not a J-15.

Both had been on the list; the J15 was well underway on the R&D front with them having worked with the M&GN Joint Railway Society to do all of the necessary research before the loco was disassembled for overhaul.

• RMweb Gold

That's the one that's just coming out - so it would have to be a modified modified 'Modified Hall'.

Probably a reworked Sulzer Type 2  (translations area available for younger members)

Ok then....it's Rats v Mods.....Brighton late 1950's. ....Vespas and BSA's....bring it on!!

That's the one that's just coming out - so it would have to be a modified modified 'Modified Hall'.

Probably a reworked Sulzer Type 2 (translations area available for younger members)

Don't think that can be it as the 24/1 was announced already some time ago. It is still listed in the 2015/6 project status report. I'm still not sure if this is or isn't a collectors club model we are all getting excited about. I think something modern image is over due for the club if I picked up on something correctly a little white back.

If there's something for the collectors club, and modern image, FGW 150? I don't think there's been anything relatively modern since the Silverlink Class 150 a few years back, and if a FGW 150 in Local Lines does make an appearance then i'll be joining straight away!

Archived