The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

!

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

One exclamation mark is fine. As for dots it would be impolite to crop someone's text without using ellipses!

My dear wife has just discovered emoticons on her phone. However I am not sure she is interpreting them correctly. One message ended with two piles of poo emoticons. She thought they were smiley brown faces.

Maybe it was a slow day in Andy Y's office?

He's understandably stressed, because despite the fact RMweb is awash with BRM banners, logos and advertising, someone on a certain magazine thread thought Andy works for Hornby Magazine. :O :nono: :D

¡Ay, caramba!

Mr. Kohler was particularly fond of them too. A post here alerted him to that fact, which he politely acknowledged.

EDIT:

So, ... not this then!

post-1819-0-11495000-1436548395.jpg

I have to say that I wholly concur. A campaign to stamp out exclamation mark and ellipsis abuse would be beneficial to society.

I probably use too many !'s at times. I can also tolerate multiple !!! (but no more than 3).

Multiple...'s grinds my gears a bit.

What really pi**es me off is multiple question marks! WTF is with that? There's one company I work with where they all seem to have been infected with it.

• RMweb Gold

Not given up taking Very Important Phone Calls by any chance?

Well full marks if he has. Especially if as a result he takes up extra cudgels against the lowlifes on here. Not to mention retired water engineers.

Archived