RMweb

Driving standards

hayfield

Worcesters biggest problem are road changes done by village idiots.

Moving roundabouts from

left lane, left and straight over

right lane, right only

to

left lane, left only

right lane, straight over and right

Refusal to use turn right arrows, but straight over arrow sending drivers down the wrong way.

http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/8856263.BALLOT/

Bad slip roads

http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/letters/read/11822089.Whittington_roundabout_is_a_death_trap_with_the_slip_road/

http://www.malverngazette.co.uk/news/11527706.Criticism_over_delays_in_tackling_Worcester_s_infamous_Whittington_island/

Bad junctions

http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/13330334.New_safety_work__within_days__at_Ketch_roundabout_/

You may need to load up custom greasemonkey scripts to view these sites.

To be fair Whittington roundabout has been changed so that you now have a long merging lane now rather than the stupid junction onto the A4440 off the roundabout. Having said that the whole thing round Ketch is ridiculous until they complete the dual carriage way over the river to the Malvern roundabout. Stafford has its own share of stupid road markings that locals have long got used to but still confuse visitors.

Perhaps it would be better if the people who design the road schemes actually had to drive round them as I doubt they would allow them to remain if they did!

• Like 1

Mere words are not adequate to express ones astonishment and despair at such rampant idiocy:

https://swd.media/news/lothian/edinburgh-eastern/mum-live-streams-her-shocking-driving-on-facebook-earning-60-points-in-12-minutes-1-11974/

Despite the 'totting up' in the article I reckon that the likelihood of any action being taken is approximately nil: "evidence not sufficient to secure a conviction" and all that.

• RMweb Premium

Mere words are not adequate to express ones astonishment and despair at such rampant idiocy:

https://swd.media/news/lothian/edinburgh-eastern/mum-live-streams-her-shocking-driving-on-facebook-earning-60-points-in-12-minutes-1-11974/

Despite the 'totting up' in the article I reckon that the likelihood of any action being taken is approximately nil: "evidence not sufficient to secure a conviction" and all that.

Agreed.  And she even has the cheek to try and say the person (presumably one of her facebook "friends"-list, to have been able to see it) has outed her through "jealousy".  had she been on my friends list, I think I would have had the same outburst of "jealousy" and done the same.  I might also buy her a dictionary to read on the bus, so she can see what the right words might be to describe why someone would be shocked at that!

• Like 1

I think her insurance provider would be inordinately interested in that video.....

• RMweb Gold

Agreed.  And she even has the cheek to try and say the person (presumably one of her facebook "friends"-list, to have been able to see it) has outed her through "jealousy".  had she been on my friends list, I think I would have had the same outburst of "jealousy" and done the same.  I might also buy her a dictionary to read on the bus, so she can see what the right words might be to describe why someone would be shocked at that!

I think her insurance provider would be inordinately interested in that video.....

With a face like that she should be easy enough to find?

Mike.

• RMweb Premium

I need to fess up my own driving, for on Monday last I managed to completely misjudge pulling up at a petrol station alongside a small lorry and managed to do this, prompting my first ever insurance claim...

attachicon.gif23167518_10213338139544576_9184208101627996697_n.jpg

That's unfortunate, it's bad enough when someone else does it to you, to do it to yourself must be pretty galling.  Will you now be changing your username to Quarryscrapes?

Driving Standards....?  So what's it like driving a 2-10-0 or a Brit?  Ugh? Wrong thread....???   :swoon:

Someone must have already done that joke in the last 178 pages, surely?  <groan>

:jester:

That's unfortunate, it's bad enough when someone else does it to you, to do it to yourself must be pretty galling.  Will you now be changing your username to Quarryscrapes?

Someone must have already done that joke in the last 178 pages, surely?  <groan>

:jester:

Autocorrect usually tries to do that for me anyway!

Whilst walking past the local primary school this morning, I had the great good fortune to witness two young mothers getting their day off to a cracking good start.  Mummy A in the BMW 4x4 pulls into the end of the layby outside the school, stops on the yellow zigzags, and after some faffing about, decants one child.  Meanwhile, Mummy B in the Audi approaches from the opposite direction, nips across in front of oncoming traffic and sqeezes into the far end of the layby.  Door flies open and child exits.

At that point, there are five cars on the yellow zigzag: Mummy A at far left, two cars and a van, then Mummy B at far right.  All are facing my right except for Mummy B, who faces left.  Mummy A and Mummy B then both decide to go for the same gap in the passing traffic, exit the layby a bit sharpish, and yes ... collide in the middle of the road. 

Serves 'em right, is what I say :) 

• Like 1

just to counteract all the poor driving in this thread heres Ari vatanan showing how to drive on a puncture enjoy 

He was still driving for the Rothmans Opel team by the look of things. It looks like it was an Opel Manta 400. I think the Ascona 400 had a fair amount of success (and looked a lot better). Walter Rohrl embarrassed the Audi team by beating their 4x4 Quattro's in a rear wheel drive Ascona 400 during the 1982 African Rally Championship.

Those bike coppers just don't give up ,ever, and if the guy being chased

falls of or gets hit off then tough luck . Loads of good clips like this on U tube .

Meanwhile over here they drop their helmets and the police don't pursue at all in case the criminals fall off their scooters and hurt themselves.

Thus there's an explosion of acid flinging maniacs on scooters.

If you're going to do crime on a scooter I don't much care what happens to you.

Earlier today while hauling in the wheelie bins, by chance I intercepted 'delivery man' with a rear door not latched (waving about as he came around the corner). Didn't have his regular van, and this one had a door that wouldn't latch. Read riot act about his responsibility, his fear of loss of job notwithstanding (he instantly won my sympathy, very meek and polite young man). Had to phone his supervisor before he would return to depot, with the door fixed shut by impromptu insertion of piece of wood. Hope it turns out OK for him.

• Like 1

I intercepted 'delivery man' with a rear door not latched (waving about as he came around the corner). Didn't have his regular van, and this one had a door that wouldn't latch. Read riot act about his responsibility, his fear of loss of job notwithstanding...

Any money-making enterprise that expects its employees to break the law in the performance of their job is little short of a racket IMO.